Windows 10: How do I notify Microsoft that I do not have a Smart Phone?

Discus and support How do I notify Microsoft that I do not have a Smart Phone? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After my new Updates yesterday, a page came up asking to send an App to my phone, to keep all my devices linked. That is fine for most people who... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ruth2340, May 14, 2020.

1. Ruth2340 Win User

How do I notify Microsoft that I do not have a Smart Phone?

After my new Updates yesterday, a page came up asking to send an App to my phone, to keep all my devices linked.

That is fine for most people who have graduated to Smart phones and Tablets.

Me I am a few months from 80 years and my phone is a Flip Cell Phone, no Internet, just talk and text.

At this point I never intend to graduate to a Smart Phone. It is going to be hard enough to graduate to a touch screen, which I understand is what all the new Lap Tops have, but hopefully there will be a setting allowing me to disable the Touch Screen and use a mouse as I have with this Lap Top which is not a Touch Screen but I have had the Touch Pad disabled from the beginning.

So getting back to this notification about linking my phone, the only option I got besides "Next" was "Do Later". There must be a way to cancel that set up, so every time I log In I don't keep getting that Notification to Link my phone. To understand better, where I am coming from, my cell is a Senior, FLIP Consumer Cell. No bells, no whistles, no Internet, nothing. Just a simple Flip Phone.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thank You.

:)

Ruth2340, May 14, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Smart Dialing reportedly demoed for Windows 10 on phone

Read more: Smart Dialing reportedly demoed for Windows 10 on phone | Windows Central

Brink, May 14, 2020
  3. 1Strive Win User
    What Cell Phone? (or smart phone?)

I just got back to the USA from almost 4 years in the UK.

This has given me the chance to get a new Cell Phone. But now everyone has Phones that do e-mail, web, pics, video, streaming media, navigation, and so on.

I have no clue what to get.

I liked my friends "Windows Smart Phone." I had all the stuff I wanted, like watching downloaded shows in MPEG4, DivX and doing e-mail and IM.

However, I don't remember what he had. lol

What do yall think? any suggestions?

I want a phone that I can watch my downloaded TV shows on DivX .avi and does e-mail.

1Strive, May 14, 2020
  4. meebers Win User

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, May 14, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I notify Microsoft that I do not have a Smart Phone? - Similar Threads - notify Microsoft Smart

2. what to do if i do not have a smart phone only landline number

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what to do if i do not have a smart phone only landline number: I do not have a smart phone only a land line number with bt wi fi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-to-do-if-i-do-not-have-a-smart-phone-only/598f58bd-14fe-4a91-8f52-4e80964ac960
  3. How do I speak with someone on the phone, at microsoft support?

How do I speak with someone on the phone, at microsoft support?: How do I speak with someone on the phone, at microsoft support? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-speak-with-someone-on-the-phone-at/cc521d8a-558a-400f-a631-749563725dd6
  4. I have photos on my pc that I want to copy to my phone. How do I do that?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have photos on my pc that I want to copy to my phone. How do I do that?: I can't copy photos from pc to my android phone via phone link. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-photos-on-my-pc-that-i-want-to-copy-to-my/7cb1ba8c-9b7f-4f56-81e6-a9e707f1a4b9
  5. I have photos on my pc that I want to copy to my phone. How do I do that?

I have photos on my pc that I want to copy to my phone. How do I do that?: I can't copy photos from pc to my android phone via phone link. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-photos-on-my-pc-that-i-want-to-copy-to-my/7cb1ba8c-9b7f-4f56-81e6-a9e707f1a4b9
  6. Why do I not get notified?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why do I not get notified?: I guess we are all familiar with the following checkboxPersonally, I always have it checked.Personally, I cannot remember ever being notified.Personally, that is a PITA!Have I done something to offend the Forum Gods so they don't bother contacting me?...
  7. how do i use text messaging on windows 10 without a smart phone?

in Cortana
    how do i use text messaging on windows 10 without a smart phone?: how do i use text messaging on windows 10 without a smart phone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-use-text-messaging-on-windows-10-without/ce8ae0b8-92aa-4aee-8813-ebf6690ca465
  8. How do I disable smart sense?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I disable smart sense?: I’ve been searching for about an hour now and still don’t have a solution submitted by /u/MrMinestrone [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f25km0/how_do_i_disable_smart_sense/
  9. I have one device computer and one phone landline. how do I update the phone # why do I...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have one device computer and one phone landline. how do I update the phone # why do I...: I have one device computer and one phone landline. how do I update the phone # why do I have to update and add email address? Aliess? * Moved from Community Participation Center * Original title: microsoft account...
  10. do I actually have to call Microsoft on the phone?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    do I actually have to call Microsoft on the phone?: If I want to change the motherboard (essentially: replace the notebook) for the same serial number, do I actually have to call Microsoft on the phone? Once, or every time I have anew machine? What's the current state of affairs? 33381