Windows 10: how do I OneDrive to sync specific folders

Discus and support how do I OneDrive to sync specific folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there I am using OneDrive to sync my desktop but I wanted icons and few folders on my destop to be left out. How do I customize the sync process to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by nakdickson, Jul 31, 2021.

1. how do I OneDrive to sync specific folders

Hi there I am using OneDrive to sync my desktop but I wanted icons and few folders on my destop to be left out. How do I customize the sync process to do so?

:)

nakdickson, Jul 31, 2021
  2. TarAn_D Win User

Move the OneDrive Folder

Move the OneDrive Folder in Windows 10

When you set up OneDrive to sync with your computer, a folder C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive will be created to store the contents. XXXX denotes your username. To move this folder to another location follow these simple steps:

1. Unlink OneDrive from your PC:

• Go to the taskbar notification area
    • Right-click on the OneDrive icon
    • Select settings
    • Click: Unlink this PC
    2. Delete the C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive folder

3. Create a new folder (target folder) for OneDrive contents, e.g. D:\OneDrive

4. Create Directory Junction for the new folder

• In the search area of the taskbar type CMD and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter
    • In the command window type
    mklink /J C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive D:\OneDrive

adjusting it to your specific username and selection of the target folder

5. Link again OneDrive to your PC using the OneDrive icon in the taskbar notification area

TarAn_D, Jul 31, 2021
  3. OneDrive Temp Folder

Hi,

Thank you contacting Microsoft Community.

• What is the size of both OneDrive and OneDrive Temp folder?
    • Is all files syncing to OneDrive Temp folder or any specific files/folders?
    Get back to us with the required information to assist you further.

Sudheendra S, Jul 31, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

how do I OneDrive to sync specific folders

Microsoft turns on shared folder sync for OneDrive

Source: Allow folders to be shared/co-owned with access/sync the same for all co-owners - Feature Suggestions for Microsoft OneDrive

Brink, Jul 31, 2021
Thema:

how do I OneDrive to sync specific folders

1. how do I OneDrive to sync specific folders - Similar Threads - OneDrive sync specific

2. I want to specifically stop 1 folder from syncing to onedrive . How can i do that, whatever...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to specifically stop 1 folder from syncing to onedrive . How can i do that, whatever...: I want to specifically stop 1 folder from syncing to onedrive . How can i do that, whatever i search from previous question are not up to date....
  3. I want to specifically stop 1 folder from syncing to onedrive . How can i do that, whatever...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to specifically stop 1 folder from syncing to onedrive . How can i do that, whatever...: I want to specifically stop 1 folder from syncing to onedrive . How can i do that, whatever i search from previous question are not up to date....
  4. Why is Onedrive so complex - I just want it so specific folders are not synced to Onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is Onedrive so complex - I just want it so specific folders are not synced to Onedrive: Hi all,I am hoping someone can help me because Google is of no help whatsoever.I have OneDrive Personal, but it is syncing everything, and there are three folders on my desktop full of videos which do not need backing up to OneDrive, I already have them backed up elsewhere...
  5. Why is Onedrive so complex - I just want it so specific folders are not synced to Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Onedrive so complex - I just want it so specific folders are not synced to Onedrive: Hi all,I am hoping someone can help me because Google is of no help whatsoever.I have OneDrive Personal, but it is syncing everything, and there are three folders on my desktop full of videos which do not need backing up to OneDrive, I already have them backed up elsewhere...
  6. Why is Onedrive so complex - I just want it so specific folders are not synced to Onedrive

7. Onedrive: How do I *not* sync a laptop folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive: How do I *not* sync a laptop folder: I'm having a great deal of difficulty with this, so maybe someone can explain how this is supposed to work: I'm having a horrible time trying to get Onedrive *not* to sync every folder on my laptop to the cloud. Basically, I don't want every file that I download to...
  8. Onedrive: How do I *not* sync a laptop folder

Onedrive: How do I *not* sync a laptop folder: I'm having a great deal of difficulty with this, so maybe someone can explain how this is supposed to work: I'm having a horrible time trying to get Onedrive *not* to sync every folder on my laptop to the cloud. Basically, I don't want every file that I download to...
  9. How to sync a specific OneDrive on PC to OneDrive on Android

How to sync a specific OneDrive on PC to OneDrive on Android: Right now OneDrive on my Samsung S10 syncs (at least it tries to) with the entire OneDrive folder on PC. Obviously that is way too much. With tens of thousands of mostly small files that obviously is wayyy too much. Within OneDrive on PC there is a folder named \Pictures with...
  10. How do I stop certain folders from syncing to onedrive?

How do I stop certain folders from syncing to onedrive?: I play sims 4 and have downloaded quite a bit of extra content for it. Unfortunately, this has all saved to my onedrive, filling it up completely. Is there a way of stopping just this folder from syncing, and leaving the rest of my documents to sync? I have researched this...