Windows 10: How do I open a Command Prompt as Administrator in one click?

Discus and support How do I open a Command Prompt as Administrator in one click? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. I think that I was able to do this before and now I can't. What I would like to do is twofold - 1) Have a desktop shortcut for the Command... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Compumind, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Compumind Win User

How do I open a Command Prompt as Administrator in one click?

Hi.

I think that I was able to do this before and now I can't.

What I would like to do is twofold -

1) Have a desktop shortcut for the Command Prompt on the desktop to open as Administrator.

2) Be able to use Windows+X and have the capability to open a normal Command Prompt and also a pick to open as Administrator.
    PowerShell has this capability, but not the Command Prompt.

I found this older article, but to no avail:

How to Open the Command Prompt as Administrator in Windows 8 or 10

Thanks, folks.

*Smile

:)

Compumind, Aug 18, 2019
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Aug 18, 2019
  3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Aug 18, 2019
  4. Ryan Pag Win User

Command prompt Administrator issue under Win 10

Hello,

Here's the alternative steps to run open the command prompt as administrator.

• Press Windows Logo + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin) to open command prompt as administrator.

Let us know how it goes.

Ryan Pag, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I open a Command Prompt as Administrator in one click? - Similar Threads - open Command Prompt

2. I cant open command prompt as administrator and i cant even open it normally.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cant open command prompt as administrator and i cant even open it normally.: I cant open command prompt as administrator and i cant even open it normally. i checked all premisions and ownerships i have all of that but it still says "Windows cannot access the spesified device, path or file. You may not have appropriate permission to access the item."...
  3. How can I "Open command prompt with administrator access"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I "Open command prompt with administrator access": I'm running Windows 10 64 on an HP Envy Laptop - I've lost my User Profile as a default but found my files under Windows C: - and all access to applications as the Windows Logo Key, Windows Start Key and Cortana no longer work at all - clicking on any of these options does...
  4. How do I Auto run command prompt as administrator already on taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I Auto run command prompt as administrator already on taskbar?: How do I automatically run the command prompt as administrator every time, if its already pinned to the taskbar? I searched the forums on this one and found lots of posts close to but not exactly the question I asked above. Thank you bob 177437
  5. Unable to open Command Prompt as Administrator in Windows 10

Unable to open Command Prompt as Administrator in Windows 10: Hello everyone I'm having a problem when I attempt to open my Command Prompt as Administrator in Windows 10. I'm unable to enter my admin username and password. It saysTo continue, enter an admin user name and password, but then under that there are no entry prompts for the...
  6. Not being able to open PowerShell & Command Prompt as Administrative

Not being able to open PowerShell & Command Prompt as Administrative: Hi, I have the problem of not being able to open the PowerShell. Whenever I click on it, I just return to my desktop after 2 seconds and it never opens. Command prompt doesn't open as administrative and the same thing happens as in the PowerShell. It does open without...
  7. How do I open the mail app in command prompt

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I open the mail app in command prompt: I can't find the file name of the app so is there another way to open the app without using start file name submitted by /u/Darren_wl03 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ens4t1/how_do_i_open_the_mail_app_in_command_prompt/
  8. Command Prompt Administrator

Command Prompt Administrator: I am the Administrator but at the Command Prompt access is denied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt-administrator/4e28f118-973a-4b2a-a82e-0942312494b0
  9. Command Prompt not opening. Clicking on Command Prompt opens the default folder location in...

Command Prompt not opening. Clicking on Command Prompt opens the default folder location in...: Hi, I'm using windows 10. I have no idea why my command prompt is not launching properly and is instead opening up the default folder in File Explorer i.e. File Explorer is opening up in the command prompt default start up folder. Please help. FYI. I recently downloaded...
  10. Command Prompt as Administrator.

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Prompt as Administrator.: How do I switch powershell in start menu to command prompt administrator. Henry. 87415