Windows 10: how do i open a port to both send and receive in windows 10 pro

Discus and support how do i open a port to both send and receive in windows 10 pro in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I need to understand how to open several ports to send and receive in windows 10 pro with out turning off the entire firewall... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GLENNCFOSTER, Dec 5, 2020.

1. how do i open a port to both send and receive in windows 10 pro

I need to understand how to open several ports to send and receive in windows 10 pro with out turning off the entire firewall

:)

GLENNCFOSTER, Dec 5, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 5, 2020
  3. OUTLOOK 365 does not send or receive emails

I installed Win 10 today and everything works so far. Except Outlook 365. I open it and go to send and receive email but I get the following error: :error 0x800cc1a Your server does not support the encryption type you have specified. try changing the encryption method. Contact your ISP for assistance". I contacted them and they had no idea why nor had any other trouble calls with the win 10 install. I have accomplished one time the SFC/scannow with negative results. any help would be appreciated

**SOLVED** After much research, I found that the ports assigned for incoming were set at 995, which the default for email is port 110. steps to solve were opening outlook, 1. clicking on file tab, 2. in info tab select account and social network settings, 3. select account settings, 4. select current email profile, 5. select change, 6. select more settings bottom right in window, 7. select the advanced tab (internet email settings), 8. select port 110 as incoming or select default tab, 9. close all and restart, open outlook and click send receive button and mail showed be receive and send.

hockeypuck, Dec 5, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

how do i open a port to both send and receive in windows 10 pro

Cannot send or receive emails in Windows 10

Hi Charlotte,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10. I understand that you are unable to send or receive emails on your Windows 10 computer. I’ll certainly help you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• Are you using Google Chrome to check your emails?
    • Do you receive any error message?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?

If you are using Windows Mail app to send or receive emails, I would suggest you to refer the article on

Resolve sync issues in Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10
    and see if that helps.

If you are using Microsoft Outlook, I would suggest you to refer the article on

Error occurs when you send or receive an email message in Outlook or Outlook Express

Please reply with the details to assist you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

how do i open a port to both send and receive in windows 10 pro

1. how do i open a port to both send and receive in windows 10 pro - Similar Threads - open port both

2. throughput is at 0 send a receive what to do ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    throughput is at 0 send a receive what to do ?: my network sent and receive is either at 0 or fluctuates to a really low kbps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/throughput-is-at-0-send-a-receive-what-to-do/7e150a85-efbf-4afe-92b2-18cf9f25e390
  3. throughput is at 0 send a receive what to do ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    throughput is at 0 send a receive what to do ?: my network sent and receive is either at 0 or fluctuates to a really low kbps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/throughput-is-at-0-send-a-receive-what-to-do/7e150a85-efbf-4afe-92b2-18cf9f25e390
  4. Send and Receive Texts on Windows ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Send and Receive Texts on Windows ?: How can I send and receive text messages on Windows10 without needing to sync to a phone; and also one that doesn't cost a subscription fee ? submitted by /u/SonicSkunk [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kg5rm8/send_and_receive_texts_on_windows/
  5. Can't receive or send emails on Windows 10

Can't receive or send emails on Windows 10: I am currently using Windows 10 mail, and ever since 23 hours ago, I have not been receiving any mail. Any mail I try to send immediately goes to my Outbox. I am very upset because of this issue! I do not know what has happened, but I really would like this fixed. Details:...
  6. How do I open a port?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I open a port?: I am running a program called Sonarr that has a web based interface on port 8989 on my media server. On my main computer, I try to go to it's address yet it won't connect. In other words, http://10.0.0.161:8989 should open my media server but it doesn't. Any advice?...
  7. Cannot send or receive emails in Windows 10

Cannot send or receive emails in Windows 10: I thought maybe I had too many large files so I deleted things I did not need. Had not received email since Jan 3, but then about 23 emails came in. So I thought things were getting repaired, but I could still not send any gmail. I receive and send gmail fine on my phone,...
  8. Outlook not sending emails, receive fine. Windows 10 PRO

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook not sending emails, receive fine. Windows 10 PRO: Dropbox - 20191009_150259.jpg - Simplify your life I don't know if this is going to work, it's my first post. I've had this issue for a while and support couldn't get me to the right people, so I played around and found this. I hope it works for, it did for me. Your setting...
  9. Send and receive not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Send and receive not working: My send and receive will not work. I keep getting a request to enter my password but have tried all of mine and none will work. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/send-and-receive-not-working/234ea333-a2e2-4052-963b-22beda55fd1a
  10. Bluetooth Send/Receive

in Windows 10 Support
    Bluetooth Send/Receive: What happened to the share tab in bluetooth settings so that it sends and receives automatically and not have to do it 1 at a time. 118350