Windows 10: How do I open and play external dvd

Discus and support How do I open and play external dvd in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Installed external dvd player on Lenovo, but cannot get it to play? * Moved from Community Participation Center... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ShirleyKindel, May 8, 2019.

1. How do I open and play external dvd

Installed external dvd player on Lenovo, but cannot get it to play?

* Moved from Community Participation Center

:)

ShirleyKindel, May 8, 2019

2. How to play a DVD from an external Dell DVD player

My HP envy wil not play a dvd from an external Dell dvd player; Windaows 10? Any suggestions?

***Title modified from: How to play a dvd from an external Dell dvd player; Windaws 10? Any suggestions?***

JeffreyGrant2, May 8, 2019
  3. Windows 10 and External DVD drive

Hi,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

I would suggest you to open the device manager and check if the drive shows up in device manager.

Follow the steps given below:

1. Press Windows key + R to open the run command.

2. Type devmgmt.msc and press enter to open device manager.

3. Expand DVD/CD-Rom drives and check if the external DVD drive is listed.

4. If so, right click on it and uninstall it.

5. Restart the computer.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, May 8, 2019
  4. Kem Mon Win User

How do I open and play external dvd

External DVD plays video but no sound External DVD plays video but no sound

Hi Fred,

There are a lot of possible factors for this matter to occur. To isolate the issue, we have some questions for you:

• Were there any changes made before the issue occur?

• Were there any error messages?

• Have you tried updating your drivers?

• Have you tried using the external DVD with another computer?

• What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Kem Mon, May 8, 2019
Thema:

How do I open and play external dvd

1. How do I open and play external dvd - Similar Threads - open play external

2. External DVD player not Playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External DVD player not Playing: I have a fairly new Laptop & have just bought an external DVD Player but I cannot get it to play.I have installed various DVD software including Microsoft Media Player even paying extra but still no joy. See photo of error message from this. It shows that the disc doesn't...
  3. External DVD player not Playing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External DVD player not Playing: I have a fairly new Laptop & have just bought an external DVD Player but I cannot get it to play.I have installed various DVD software including Microsoft Media Player even paying extra but still no joy. See photo of error message from this. It shows that the disc doesn't...
  4. How do I start playing a DVD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I start playing a DVD?: How do I start playing a DVD mine won't start automaticly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-start-playing-a-dvd/f63d0110-29c3-4ea8-b640-f652f71cb5dd
  5. DVD not playing from external drive?

DVD not playing from external drive?: The DVD has BUP VBP & IFO files none will open with Windows Media Player is the VLC safe to download? Thank You https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-not-playing-from-external-drive/54eda131-d26e-4c87-a24b-b5102c998b02
  6. how do I open external application to play a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I open external application to play a game: how do I open an external application on my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-external-application-to-play-a-game/36651ae2-41ff-4cda-8ab7-5671c1fa904a
  7. How to get a external dvd to play on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get a external dvd to play on windows 10?: I just bought an external dvd player because I have a Dell computer that does not have a dvd player. I have windows 10 and it just won't play a dvd of my friend's wedding. How can I fix this problem?...
  8. How do I make Windows 10 recognize and play my external DVD player?

How do I make Windows 10 recognize and play my external DVD player?: Is there an easy way to enable Windows 10 to see the new drive and let me play it? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-windows-10-recognize-and-play-my/628b2969-3b4f-4503-be23-ef9cae85041c
  9. how do i play cd or dvd from external drive on Windows10?

how do i play cd or dvd from external drive on Windows10?: Sorry, I'm a newbie.....the external drive appears on Settings but Idon't see how to make disc play??? tia https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-play-cd-or-dvd-from-external-drive-on/4778abc5-6323-4d87-b2d0-ebdbd5fc7306
  10. How do I play a DVD?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I play a DVD?: How do I play a DVD in Windows 10 Do I have to purchase a media player or can I do it for Free? 23536