Windows 10: How do I open calendar items?

Discus and support How do I open calendar items? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Greetings, I already tried asking this in Microsoft Answers. My previous Edge was set up properly so that when I clicked on an .ics file it opened... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Shanester, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Shanester Win User

How do I open calendar items?

Greetings,

I already tried asking this in Microsoft Answers.

My previous Edge was set up properly so that when I clicked on an .ics file it opened Outlook. However, with the new Edge, clicking an .ics brings up the Save As dialog box. How do I fix this?

When I go into Windows 10 Settings > Apps > Default apps > Choose default apps by file type, it shows the iCalendar file correctly associated with Outlook. The new Edge seems to have its own separate settings.

Thanks,
    Shane.

:)

Shanester, Feb 2, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. How do I open calendar items? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Feb 2, 2020
  3. hotmail/outlook calendar items not syncing properly -- bay-404-m.hotmail.com

Issue was only solved for us by creating an entirely new calendar on that Hotmail addressing and discontinuing use of the other. It seems that the Microsoft calendar on its servers can become so corrupted as not to properly send synchronization to all the
    various cloud-connected devices.

Luckly, it's relatively easy to do this without losing any calendar items.

• Make a new calendar on the account
    • Using Outlook, go to the original calendar.
      • I strongly suggest getting rid of past items in order to minimize sludge
    • change calendar view to lists or categories, so you get a nice, scrollable list of items
    • use shift key + mouse to select everything, or ctrl+ shift to select some of what you want
    • drag it to the new calendar
    Once you've confirmed that the new calendar contains all of the appointments you want, you can use outlook.com to delete the old one and never have to deal with it again.

MisterFocus, Feb 2, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I open calendar items? - Similar Threads - open calendar items

2. How do I open a pinned taskbar item on cursor hover?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I open a pinned taskbar item on cursor hover?: I used a completely safe third-party service that allows you to make taskbar groups when you click on it, it displays multiple shortcuts of your choice, as well as setting an icon for that taskbar group. I use it to easily access folders C Drive, Recycle Bin, Desktop,...
  3. How do I open a pinned taskbar item on cursor hover?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I open a pinned taskbar item on cursor hover?: I used a completely safe third-party service that allows you to make taskbar groups when you click on it, it displays multiple shortcuts of your choice, as well as setting an icon for that taskbar group. I use it to easily access folders C Drive, Recycle Bin, Desktop,...
  4. How do I open a pinned taskbar item on cursor hover?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How Do I Add An Item ...

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I Add An Item ...: ... here? (image attached) - ... and remove item from same? 179957
  6. Calendar Items not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Calendar Items not showing: Hi , Can anyone tell me why my calendar items are not showing ? i have added some calendars like F1 & IPL but they are not showing in my outlook calendar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calendar-items-not-showing/26903c1a-bc24-4ca6-b599-267a41492958
  7. How to save items in Calendar app?

How to save items in Calendar app?: how can i save my l win 10 calendar with all my entry's on a thumb drive and transfer it to a new computer with win 10 O S [Original Title: calendar] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-save-items-in-calendar-app/407895df-333c-4229-ba4b-86d1889b2f10
  8. How do I stop my taskbar Items from opening themselves?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I stop my taskbar Items from opening themselves?: Whenever I would use my computer for a short amount of time my taskbar would just randomly open an app. It never opened any sensitive documents, but recently it shut down my computer. I have run several full systems scans, and deep system scans on Norton and I have found...
  9. How do I remove items in the "Open With" list?

How do I remove items in the "Open With" list?: I just received my new Laptop/Tablet with Windows 10. I'm not really liking Windows 10 at this point. Anyway I've been installing my programs for a couple of days and downloaded one that auto defaulted to opening in Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer is the wrong program...
  10. How to remove items in OPEN WITH

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove items in OPEN WITH: When i right click on a HTML file then select open with it lists things like google chrome,Microsoft edge but also some bizarre things like Microsoft jigsaw. I notice also that when i right click on different files different things will appear in the open with menu. My...