Windows 10: How do I open multiple windows

Discus and support How do I open multiple windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Sometimes I like to have two web pages open at the same time. With windows 8 all I had to do was right click on the IE icon and the option to open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gemius, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Gemius Win User

How do I open multiple windows

Hi
    Sometimes I like to have two web pages open at the same time. With windows 8 all I had to do was right click on the IE icon and the option to open another window was there, but that option isn't there in Windows 10.

Any help much appreciated

:)

Gemius, Aug 23, 2015
  2. Wanalarry Win User

How do I open multiple documents from file explorer and have them side by side

When I open two pdf files for example they appear in tab format in one single window. How to I get them side be side to compare?

Wanalarry, Aug 23, 2015
  3. trbogt Win User
    How do I open multiple documents from file explorer and have them side by side

To open multiple windows in File explorer:

open file explorer

select 'view' upper left

click on 'Options' top right > change folders and search options

in the folder options box select 'open each folder in it's own window' press ok

or

open Control panel > select file explorer options

*john

How do I open multiple windows [​IMG]

trbogt, Aug 23, 2015
  4. Gemius Win User

Thank you. Easy when you know how.

Gemius, Aug 23, 2015
  5. Mystere Win User
    Many ways. But it depends on which browser you're using. If you are using edge, just click the 3 dots in the upper right corner, and choose "New Window". Or, you can right click on a link and choose "Open in new window".

Mystere, Aug 23, 2015
  6. Gemius Win User
    Thank you. I'm getting the hang of it now.

Gemius, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I open multiple windows - Similar Threads - open multiple

2. Tabs on task bar do not open if there are multiple tabs + other issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tabs on task bar do not open if there are multiple tabs + other issues.: This problem only started a week ago after having the PC for a few years with no prior issues. The only thing that I found so far that temporarily fixes the issue is resetting my PC.The main issue I have is that when I have multiple tabs of one kind open for example, 2...
  3. Tabs on task bar do not open if there are multiple tabs + other issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tabs on task bar do not open if there are multiple tabs + other issues.: This problem only started a week ago after having the PC for a few years with no prior issues. The only thing that I found so far that temporarily fixes the issue is resetting my PC.The main issue I have is that when I have multiple tabs of one kind open for example, 2...
  4. Tabs on task bar do not open if there are multiple tabs + other issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Tabs on task bar do not open if there are multiple tabs + other issues.

6. Tabs on task bar do not open if there are multiple tabs + other issues.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Prevent switching between multiple virtual desktops when opening a file associated with an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent switching between multiple virtual desktops when opening a file associated with an...: The multiple virtual desktop feature is, in theory, a great idea but I run into a consistent issue with it. Lets say I have Excel open on "Desktop 1". I then create a new desktop, "Desktop 2". If I double click on an Excel file while using Desktop 2, Windows switches me back...
  8. Prevent switching between multiple virtual desktops when opening a file associated with an...

Prevent switching between multiple virtual desktops when opening a file associated with an...: The multiple virtual desktop feature is, in theory, a great idea but I run into a consistent issue with it. Lets say I have Excel open on "Desktop 1". I then create a new desktop, "Desktop 2". If I double click on an Excel file while using Desktop 2, Windows switches me back...
  9. When opening up multiple files simultaneously, why does Windows always open the last file...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When opening up multiple files simultaneously, why does Windows always open the last file...: Let's say in one folder I have 10 different PDF files named 1.pdf, 2.pdf ... 10.pdf and sorted by name. I select all 10 of them and press enter to open them at the same time. My PDF reader will always first open file 10.pdf and then 1, 2 3 and so on. This happens regardless...
  10. When opening up multiple files simultaneously, why does Windows always open the last file...

When opening up multiple files simultaneously, why does Windows always open the last file...: Let's say in one folder I have 10 different PDF files named 1.pdf, 2.pdf ... 10.pdf and sorted by name. I select all 10 of them and press enter to open them at the same time. My PDF reader will always first open file 10.pdf and then 1, 2 3 and so on. This happens regardless...