Windows 10: How do I open multiple windows

Discus and support How do I open multiple windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Sometimes I like to have two web pages open at the same time. With windows 8 all I had to do was right click on the IE icon and the option to open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gemius, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Gemius Win User

How do I open multiple windows

Hi
    Sometimes I like to have two web pages open at the same time. With windows 8 all I had to do was right click on the IE icon and the option to open another window was there, but that option isn't there in Windows 10.

Any help much appreciated

:)

Gemius, Aug 23, 2015
  2. Wanalarry Win User

How do I open multiple documents from file explorer and have them side by side

When I open two pdf files for example they appear in tab format in one single window. How to I get them side be side to compare?

Wanalarry, Aug 23, 2015
  3. trbogt Win User
    How do I open multiple documents from file explorer and have them side by side

To open multiple windows in File explorer:

open file explorer

select 'view' upper left

click on 'Options' top right > change folders and search options

in the folder options box select 'open each folder in it's own window' press ok

or

open Control panel > select file explorer options

*john

How do I open multiple windows [​IMG]

trbogt, Aug 23, 2015
  4. Gemius Win User

Thank you. Easy when you know how.

Gemius, Aug 23, 2015
  5. Mystere Win User
    Many ways. But it depends on which browser you're using. If you are using edge, just click the 3 dots in the upper right corner, and choose "New Window". Or, you can right click on a link and choose "Open in new window".

Mystere, Aug 23, 2015
  6. Gemius Win User
    Thank you. I'm getting the hang of it now.

Gemius, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I open multiple windows - Similar Threads - open multiple

2. Why do I have multiple instances of Microsoft edge running at one time with one tab open?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why do I have multiple instances of Microsoft edge running at one time with one tab open?: Also I have 8GB of ram and my memory is at 50% when idle? submitted by /u/safetysheep [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iii3wb/why_do_i_have_multiple_instances_of_microsoft/
  3. Opening my laptop lid would reset "multiple display" setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening my laptop lid would reset "multiple display" setting: I have been trying to use my laptop in "clamshell mode," using only an external display. I had no problem setting the power options to "do nothing" when the lid is closed. I also set my display setting to be "display only on [the external monitor]." However, whenever I open...
  4. I can’t right click, select multiple items, open the start menu, connect to WiFi, open my...

I can’t right click, select multiple items, open the start menu, connect to WiFi, open my...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MasonTheCoolBean [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iaefvw/i_cant_right_click_select_multiple_items_open_the/
  5. How can I open multiple files at once?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I open multiple files at once?: For example, when two Word files are selected and type Enter key, two Words run. However, when a Word file and an Excel file are selected and type Enter key, nothing runs. In this case, I want both Word and Excel to run. Likewise, two shortcuts for different applications...
  6. Browser opens multiple tabs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browser opens multiple tabs: When I open google to access the internet, it opens with 3 tabs. All say the webpage was not found or is unavailable. I can enter a new address into any three of the search bars and access the internet. I have set my google preferences to only open the google search page upon...
  7. Windows10 with multiple apps open.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows10 with multiple apps open.: How do you disable the popup mapping window when you have multiple apps open and want to move/resize the screens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows10-with-multiple-apps-open/f00d34b5-30df-4043-8ad0-30e3af3e5b79
  8. Why are threads closed when a question is open-ended or has multiple answers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why are threads closed when a question is open-ended or has multiple answers?: I wanted to respond to a question on hard drives spinning in windows 10 when the PC is not in use with my solution. Someone closed the thread. Why?...
  9. When multiple Firefox tabs are open, is there a way to rearrange the tabs on the taskbar?

When multiple Firefox tabs are open, is there a way to rearrange the tabs on the taskbar?: I have Firefox1, Firefox2, Firefox3, Word1, Word2, Edge1, Edge2 open in my taskbar bar. How can I get it to be: Firefox2, Word1, Firefox1, Firefox3, Edge1, etc. Right now when I try to move one Firefox tab it moves all the Firefox tabs. submitted by /u/aangsbison...
  10. Sound cutting out when multiple programs are open.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound cutting out when multiple programs are open.: Recently, my sound has been cutting out when I have multiple applications/programs are open. For example, I'm in a call with my friends on discord while playing a video game but also have music or a YouTube video playing. Sometimes, when I am switching between voice chats in...