Windows 10: How do I open multiple windows

Discus and support How do I open multiple windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Sometimes I like to have two web pages open at the same time. With windows 8 all I had to do was right click on the IE icon and the option to open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gemius, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Gemius Win User

How do I open multiple windows

Hi
    Sometimes I like to have two web pages open at the same time. With windows 8 all I had to do was right click on the IE icon and the option to open another window was there, but that option isn't there in Windows 10.

Any help much appreciated

:)

Gemius, Aug 23, 2015
  2. Wanalarry Win User

How do I open multiple documents from file explorer and have them side by side

When I open two pdf files for example they appear in tab format in one single window. How to I get them side be side to compare?

Wanalarry, Aug 23, 2015
  3. trbogt Win User
    How do I open multiple documents from file explorer and have them side by side

To open multiple windows in File explorer:

open file explorer

select 'view' upper left

click on 'Options' top right > change folders and search options

in the folder options box select 'open each folder in it's own window' press ok

or

open Control panel > select file explorer options

*john

How do I open multiple windows [​IMG]

trbogt, Aug 23, 2015
  4. Gemius Win User

Thank you. Easy when you know how.

Gemius, Aug 23, 2015
  5. Mystere Win User
    Many ways. But it depends on which browser you're using. If you are using edge, just click the 3 dots in the upper right corner, and choose "New Window". Or, you can right click on a link and choose "Open in new window".

Mystere, Aug 23, 2015
  6. Gemius Win User
    Thank you. I'm getting the hang of it now.

Gemius, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I open multiple windows - Similar Threads - open multiple

2. opened app icons missing from Win 10 taskbar, clock freezes, multiple methods did not...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    opened app icons missing from Win 10 taskbar, clock freezes, multiple methods did not...: I am on WIN 10 chinese, and yesterday the screen suddenly turned black. After it came back, the taskbar did not function anymore I did not install anything yesterday.If I open a new app, only a blue line as follows will show up on the taskbar and it is unclickable some icons...
  3. Windows explorer opens multiple files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows explorer opens multiple files: Hi, May be a repeated question, but I was wondering, why windows explorer opens multiple files in a strange order? For example, if say, I have four files in a folder, named A, C, J, Z and to open them, I select them in this order..A, C, J, Z, then windows will open them in...
  4. Win 10 starts crashing when I open multiple programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 starts crashing when I open multiple programs: When I open multiple programs, such as Edge+Onenote+Matlab, my memory usage usually stays above 90%, and then, if I open a pdf file or another tab in Edge, they'll crash or freeze randomly, and I'll get error messages from different softwares. In the worst case, I get this...
  5. How do I select multiple open windows on Desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I select multiple open windows on Desktop?: Let us say I have four files open on Desktop. How do I select all of them?I have searched for answers, but they all only seem to address selecting multiple files in a folder using SHIFT or CTRL.I am talking about multiple open files on Desktop. I have tried using CTRL and,...
  6. Are you able to open multiple folders in a directory and ONLY show the preffered file type?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Are you able to open multiple folders in a directory and ONLY show the preffered file type?: Hi,I wanted to open a directory i.e. Music, and be able to show just the files that are in the multitude of folders there.I have a lot of folders, and I would like to transfer my music within them, to my phone using Bluetooth. I have no idea how to just send the actual music...
  7. Multiple Explorers.exe Opening.

Multiple Explorers.exe Opening.: So my pc started being VERY SLOW for some odd reason and when i check the task manager to see what might be the problem, i saw 2 explorers opened at once There was no file explorer opened only the task explorer.exe 1 of these processes actually was hogging 95% of my ram so i...
  8. Why is there multiple console window host open in the background?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why is there multiple console window host open in the background?: Why is there multiple console window host open in the background? For those that don't know, it's the command prompt running in the background but without a graphical user interface. Is it being used as an attack vector to run viruses on my computer that bypass the antivirus...
  9. Windows 10 opening multiple copies of each program,

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 opening multiple copies of each program,: Windows 10 computer is opening multiple copies of each program I open: 3 Discord, 5 Chrom, 11 Twitch. 2 One Note. to name a few. I just applied the latest update and it didnt help. Any thoughts how to recitify this? its causing massive slowdown and lagging. Thanks,...
  10. Stop multiple instances of the same folder opening in Windows 10

Stop multiple instances of the same folder opening in Windows 10: I have just set up a new Windows 10 workstation. I have noticed that the same folder can be opened many times simultaneously in separate windows, cluttering up the system tray.I have tried changing the folder options, but this makes no difference.. Naturally I want to...