Windows 10: How do I open O365 documents from Windows 10 Timeline / Task View?

Discus and support How do I open O365 documents from Windows 10 Timeline / Task View? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; If I click on an MS Office document in the Timeline, and the document resides on SharePoint or OneDrive, the file "Save As" dialog box opens. If the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by David P Isaac, Jul 29, 2020.

1. How do I open O365 documents from Windows 10 Timeline / Task View?

If I click on an MS Office document in the Timeline, and the document resides on SharePoint or OneDrive, the file "Save As" dialog box opens. If the document is only my local disk, it simply opens. I want it to open the document in both cases.

We use SharePoint almost exclusively for work documents, so the default Windows 10 Timeline behavior is practically useless. I expected Windows to work better with O365.

:)

David P Isaac, Jul 29, 2020

2. Timeline only shows open tasks from a single monitor

I have two displays. Monitor 1 has Firefox and Word open. Monitor 2 has File Explorer and Task Manager open.

If I open Timeline on monitor 1, it shows only Firefox and Word (along with past activities for various programs). It doesn't show File Explorer and Task Manager. If I open Timeline from monitor 2, I see those 2 programs open, but not Firefox and Word.

With the old Task View, I'm pretty sure it would show open windows for all programs regardless of which display they were on. Is there any way to make Timeline work this way? Or, can I get rid of Timeline and get the old Task View back?

PhotoCitizen, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Unable to sign in to Timeline within Task View

Hello,

Have a user that cannot sign into the "Timeline" within "Task View", for myself i click it and it does a MS account check and logs right in. For this user however it just brings up the "Your Info" page from within settings, which he's signed in with a O365
    Domain account anyways. It proceeds no where :{

If this sounds familiar I'd appreciate any input

Thank you!

***Modified title from: Task View & Timeline***

Wanderingpeon, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

How do I open O365 documents from Windows 10 Timeline / Task View?

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

How do I open O365 documents from Windows 10 Timeline / Task View?

1. How do I open O365 documents from Windows 10 Timeline / Task View? - Similar Threads - open O365 documents

2. How to automatically show Taskbar in Timeline Task view?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to automatically show Taskbar in Timeline Task view?: 1. I prefer my Taskbar auto-hidden. 2. When I swipe from the left to open Timeline =Task view, I want the Taskbar to show automatically within Timeline, at the bottom. 3. I don't want to move the mouse or take a second step to show Taskbar, because I don't use a mouse....
  3. Timeline/task view

Timeline/task view: How TF do I disable this absolutely annoying feature that microsoft's geniuses decided to add??? I have never used it and never want to use it. I do not want it at all. I'm f'ing sick of this stupid bs commandeering my desktop workspace. I try to move my cursor to adjust a...
  4. Windows 10 Task View / Timeline

Windows 10 Task View / Timeline: After years of flawless operation, Task View / Timeline now only shows accessed files word, excel, pdf, and so on and random web activity for instance, among 7 or 8 web pages I have accessed, it only shows one or two or even none at all. Any suggestions for fixing? I have...
  5. Can't Clear Activities in Timeline in Task View

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't Clear Activities in Timeline in Task View: I am trying to clear the activities from my Timeline in Task View. If I click on remove for one item or all for a specific dates some activities are removed and others remain in a silhouette/transparent form and then I simply cannot remove them. I also see that the "Clear"...
  6. Timeline and Task View

Timeline and Task View: I have an item on my Task View screen which I can't remove with standard procedures. Help, please! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/timeline-and-task-view/2c37fe18-da37-4345-9b76-0f6ad512c375
  7. Task View & Timeline

Task View & Timeline: Hello, Have a user that cannot sign into the "Timeline" within "Task View", for myself i click it and it does a MS account check and logs right in. For this user however it just brings up the "Your Info" page from within settings, which he's signed in with a O365 Domain...
  8. Windows 10 1903 - Task View Timeline / Activity History not populating

Windows 10 1903 - Task View Timeline / Activity History not populating: I have a client who is finding their Task View is not populating with recent document history/activity. The client runs a volume licensed copy of Office 2019. Activity history has been working fine until recently. Some apps such as Paint will still correctly populate the...
  9. Task View / Timeline is enabled but won't show recently opened files

Task View / Timeline is enabled but won't show recently opened files: Hi, Task View / Timeline is enabled. It shows me my recent MS Edge history. But it won't show me the files I have recently opened. How can I get Task View to show me the recently opened files? I also observed that using File Explorer I am ALSO not able to see my...
  10. How To open Timeline

How To open Timeline: I was curious enough to think there might be and there is, indeed (no surprise, really), a K/B shortcut to Timeline. It is Win+Tab. Maybe, y'all, already, know about this LOL Cheers, Drew [ATTACH]...