Windows 10: how do I open photos with a txt suffix

Discus and support how do I open photos with a txt suffix in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been sent an email with some photos with the suffix txt, how do I open them. I have tried and so far all I get is a blank Notepad screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Peter Corke, Aug 23, 2021.

1. how do I open photos with a txt suffix

I have been sent an email with some photos with the suffix txt, how do I open them. I have tried and so far all I get is a blank Notepad screen

:)

Peter Corke, Aug 23, 2021
  2. Aceman.au Win User

.txt will open open in Command Prompt

I don't know why but no matter what I do .txt will only open in CMD prompt and I have right click and go to open with every time which is annoying cause I use .txts a lot for noting stuff down in.

Aceman.au, Aug 23, 2021
  3. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Aug 23, 2021
  4. kormath Win User

how do I open photos with a txt suffix

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done how do I open photos with a txt suffix :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Aug 23, 2021
Thema:

how do I open photos with a txt suffix

1. how do I open photos with a txt suffix - Similar Threads - open photos txt

2. .txt files not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .txt files not opening: So I've made a python script which basicly just created .txt files. And nothing happened, my program worked and suddenly today I cant open txt files because it sais Widnows cant find the file. But if I do Open With and then sth like Visual Studio Code, it works. And yes in...
  3. Every time i open a txt file it opens recent txt files also

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every time i open a txt file it opens recent txt files also: So when I start my pc the first time I open any txt file it opens all the recent txt files I have opened like from the day before then after I close them all and try to open again any txt file it opens the txt file and the most recent txt file also. I noticed this bug after i...
  4. When I open a .txt file from windows search, it opens minimized. How do I change that?

When I open a .txt file from windows search, it opens minimized. How do I change that?: On Windows 7 I would search for .txt file and when pressed Enter on it, the notepad would pop up on the screen and I could access the file's contents immediately.On Windows 11, when I search for file and open, it starts minimized. I have to go to the taskbar and select to see...
  5. How do I open txt files with notepad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I open txt files with notepad?: This is what happens when i try to open a text file with notepad going to a text file -> open with -> notepad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-txt-files-with-notepad/b007ebf1-b550-4e34-8b96-4d4033f02b3c
  6. How do I open txt files with notepad?

How do I open txt files with notepad?: This is what happens when i try to open a text file with notepad going to a text file -> open with -> notepad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-txt-files-with-notepad/b007ebf1-b550-4e34-8b96-4d4033f02b3c
  7. How to open txt on Windows Phone?

How to open txt on Windows Phone?: I am facing a chicken and egg problem. I need to open txt, to copy/paste my passwords, but in order to do so, I need to download an app. But in order to do that I need to login to MS account, so I need to copy/paste? Any idea how to get out this pickle, maybe using a...
  8. how do i find the primary dns suffix?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i find the primary dns suffix?: how do I find the primary DNS suffix on this laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-the-primary-dns-suffix/142b9c5d-3a89-4315-ba14-dbc20260c8f2"
  9. How do I open the Photo App that includes photo editing?

How do I open the Photo App that includes photo editing?: How do I open the Photo App that includes editing? I know how to open Photos, but there is not any editing available. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-the-photo-app-that-includes-photo/a9341ecf-badc-43bc-a314-a22a3ff4e7b3
  10. Opening .txt attachments

Opening .txt attachments: I received an attachment in my email that is a .txt and I can not open it. What do I need to do open it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/opening-txt-attachments/f20c1cda-38bf-4607-b7ec-2d179d6cf037