Windows 10: How do I open the CD Tray in Windows 10?

Discus and support How do I open the CD Tray in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The answer for Windows 7 does not work as Windows 10 does not have a "computer" link to access after hitting the Start button. Thank you.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StevenBuesking, Nov 20, 2018.

1. How do I open the CD Tray in Windows 10?

The answer for Windows 7 does not work as Windows 10 does not have a "computer" link to access after hitting the Start button. Thank you.

:)

StevenBuesking, Nov 20, 2018

2. CD tray will not open

Short of buying a new laptop, is there a way to fix this problem?

You have several options:

• Straighten a paper clip, then push it into the small hole in the CD tray drawer. This will open the tray.
    • Create a shortcut like this one:
      nircmdc.exe cdrom open F:. NirCmd is freely downloadable.
    • Purchase a new CD tray from the distributor. They are easy to replace.
    • Replace the laptop.

Frederik Long, Nov 20, 2018
  3. CD tray will not open

My cd tray will not open to remove a cd. Short of buying a new laptop, is there a way to fix this problem?

* * Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures / PC

KittyCat360, Nov 20, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

How do I open the CD Tray in Windows 10?

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

How do I open the CD Tray in Windows 10?

1. How do I open the CD Tray in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - open Tray

2. My hp elitebook 840 g6 sim tray does not pop out, please what should i do to pop it open?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My hp elitebook 840 g6 sim tray does not pop out, please what should i do to pop it open?: My hp elitebook 840 g6 sim tray does not pop out, please what should i do to pop it open? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hp-elitebook-840-g6-sim-tray-does-not-pop-out/59209177-3a00-48c6-8109-a8784e66b5c0
  3. My hp elitebook 840 g6 sim tray does not pop out, please what should i do to pop it open?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My hp elitebook 840 g6 sim tray does not pop out, please what should i do to pop it open?: My hp elitebook 840 g6 sim tray does not pop out, please what should i do to pop it open? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hp-elitebook-840-g6-sim-tray-does-not-pop-out/59209177-3a00-48c6-8109-a8784e66b5c0
  4. Why is my system tray greyed out and I can't open my Alienware command center and also Have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my system tray greyed out and I can't open my Alienware command center and also Have...: My Alienware command center will crash when I open it, my mouse curser will have an hour glass appear every second and then my entire system tray is grayed out I can turn my volume up using my keyboard and it works fine but then when I am trying to turn up the volume using...
  5. Why is my system tray greyed out and I can't open my Alienware command center and also Have...

Why is my system tray greyed out and I can't open my Alienware command center and also Have...: My Alienware command center will crash when I open it, my mouse curser will have an hour glass appear every second and then my entire system tray is grayed out I can turn my volume up using my keyboard and it works fine but then when I am trying to turn up the volume using...
  6. how to open cd tray on a dell3020 desktop computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to open cd tray on a dell3020 desktop computer: how to open dell3020 cd tray https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-cd-tray-on-a-dell3020-desktop-computer/38cf46d9-04ba-470e-a365-018aeb5997c1
  7. how to open cd tray on a dell3020 desktop computer

how to open cd tray on a dell3020 desktop computer: how to open dell3020 cd tray https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-cd-tray-on-a-dell3020-desktop-computer/38cf46d9-04ba-470e-a365-018aeb5997c1
  8. How do I automatically open a program but close it to system tray on start up using task...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I automatically open a program but close it to system tray on start up using task...: Hi, I'm trying to do this on Logitech G Hub, it does have a built in "open on start up" setting and automatically closing to system tray but using that doesn't detect the device I think it's a known bug for the program. And I found a reddit post saying that if I open it with...
  9. How do I automatically open a program but close it to system tray on start up using task...

How do I automatically open a program but close it to system tray on start up using task...: Hi, I'm trying to do this on Logitech G Hub, it does have a built in "open on start up" setting and automatically closing to system tray but using that doesn't detect the device I think it's a known bug for the program. And I found a reddit post saying that if I open it with...
  10. Alternative ways to open an application from system tray

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alternative ways to open an application from system tray: I am trying to configure Windows 10 for a client and they are using ScreenConnect for remote access for support purposes. The problem is Windows 10 is in KIOSK mode multi-application provided by the Client, the KIOSK mode hides the taskbar and system tray as well. Now, the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. open cd tray

2. open cd

3. open disc

4. how to open cd tray,
  5. open cd drive,
  6. open disk tray,
  7. how to open cd drive windows 10,
  8. open cd tray windows 10,
  9. open cd in windows 10,
  10. open disc tray,
  11. how to open disc tray,