Windows 10: How do I open the DVD drive on my Hp Computer?

Discus and support How do I open the DVD drive on my Hp Computer? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I open the DVD drive on my Hp Computer?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SteveDaniels3Hp, Dec 29, 2018.

1. How do I open the DVD drive on my Hp Computer?

How do I open the DVD drive on my Hp Computer?

:)

SteveDaniels3Hp, Dec 29, 2018
  2. Bree Win User

Dvd drive not showing

Is this the HP 15r014tx in your system specs? If so, try the steps in this thread....
    https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...r/td-p/6186456

It may be that your DVD drive has a hardware failure (as was suggested in that thread).

More HP support and diagnosis suggestions here in their Help pages....
    HP PCs - CD/DVD Drive Is Not Detected (Windows 10, 8) | HP® Customer Support

3. IT101 Win User
    IT101, Dec 29, 2018
  4. How do I open the DVD drive on my Hp Computer?

Windows 10 and External DVD drive

Hi,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

I would suggest you to open the device manager and check if the drive shows up in device manager.

Follow the steps given below:

1. Press Windows key + R to open the run command.

2. Type devmgmt.msc and press enter to open device manager.

3. Expand DVD/CD-Rom drives and check if the external DVD drive is listed.

4. If so, right click on it and uninstall it.

5. Restart the computer.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

How do I open the DVD drive on my Hp Computer?

1. How do I open the DVD drive on my Hp Computer? - Similar Threads - open DVD drive

2. How do I open the CD/DVD Drive on my HP Desktop M01-F3214

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I open the CD/DVD Drive on my HP Desktop M01-F3214: I’ve been trying all day to get it open and nothing works. There’s no disks inserted, i just need a straight forward answer on how to get it open....
  3. How do I open the CD/DVD Drive on my HP Desktop M01-F3214

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I open the CD/DVD Drive on my HP Desktop M01-F3214: I’ve been trying all day to get it open and nothing works. There’s no disks inserted, i just need a straight forward answer on how to get it open....
  4. How do i open my external Hard Drive on my Computer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do i open my external Hard Drive on my Computer?: It used to work before, but after the most recent update my computer doesn't open any usb drives or hard drives. It says connected and shows up in devices, but it doesnt actually open the devices at all. Ive gone though different sites and downloads that were able to retrieve...
  5. How do I open my DVD tray

How do I open my DVD tray: How do I open my DVD tray to remove a program disc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-my-dvd-tray/863ce170-db48-4aea-add1-85fe30ba3bcf
  6. how do I open the cd/dvd disk drive on the back of the HP envy all-in-one?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I open the cd/dvd disk drive on the back of the HP envy all-in-one?: how do I open the cd/dvd disk drive on the back of the HP envy all-in-one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-the-cddvd-disk-drive-on-the-back-of/b8e0ebb3-ab21-4a5d-9595-f111655f1414
  7. How do I run a DVD on my HP with Windows 10?

How do I run a DVD on my HP with Windows 10?: How do I run a DVD on my HP with Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-run-a-dvd-on-my-hp-with-windows-10/ae7fbe7d-5a1b-4d88-901b-9325249d6afa
  8. My computer (HP ) and DVD player

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer (HP ) and DVD player: I purchased a new laptop ( HP ) with Windows 10 It came with no DVD or CD player so I purchased a external DVD player but I cannot get the DVD to install the DVDs that I had on Windows 7 . Is there something else I must purchase ? I have followed all the instructions I can...
  9. How Do I Find My DVD Drive's Manufacturer?

How Do I Find My DVD Drive's Manufacturer?: In both BIOS and Device Manager, the name is HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GUC0N. When I searched the internet I couldn't find any useful information. In Device Manager, when I opened the driver's Properties dialog, for manufacturer it said, "Standard CD-ROM Drives." When I searched for...
  10. How do I boot from dvd drive on HP laptop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I boot from dvd drive on HP laptop?: How do I boot from dvd drive on HP laptop? According to Google it says press esc repeatedly and then f9. I did this and it did not work so I went into the BIOS and changed boot order to cd/dvd drive at the top but it will not boot do I have to press another key? Thank you in...