Windows 10: How do I open .webp files in Microsoft Photos?

Discus and support How do I open .webp files in Microsoft Photos? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello! I'm trying to open .webp files in Microsoft Photos by default. However, on the Opens With screen, I cannot find Microsoft Photos, and it opens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KatLau meow, Jan 16, 2021.

1. How do I open .webp files in Microsoft Photos?

Hello! I'm trying to open .webp files in Microsoft Photos by default. However, on the Opens With screen, I cannot find Microsoft Photos, and it opens with Microsoft Edge by default. I've tried the "Choose default applications by file type" in settings and that doesn't work either. I know the Photos app supports .webp as I can manually open them, it's just annoying to do so. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

:)

KatLau meow, Jan 16, 2021

2. Windows 10, Outlook 2016 and quick preview for .webp files

I do not known what happen recently but I guess it is related to a windows update.

I was able to quick preview .webp file attachment in outlook 2016, but all of sudden, it is not working anymore.

My file association are now associate with Google Chrome.

I was expecting to see Microsoft Photo in the list of available application to open the .webp files but it not listed.

Any suggestion?

SNicolas1974, Jan 16, 2021
  3. Open WebP images on Photos app

Hi

How to Open WebP images on
    Photos app ? its only showing in windows photo viewer.

Siamak5561, Jan 16, 2021
  4. How do I open .webp files in Microsoft Photos?

Open WebP images on Photos app

Photos support WebP very well on my other device, but I dont know why I can not choose to open webp format on Photos. and already shows in windows photo viewer..

Siamak5561, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

How do I open .webp files in Microsoft Photos?

1. How do I open .webp files in Microsoft Photos? - Similar Threads - open webp files

2. Will Microsoft Photos be enabled to view .webp photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will Microsoft Photos be enabled to view .webp photos: Will Microsoft Photos be enabled to view .webp photos? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-microsoft-photos-be-enabled-to-view-webp/d8646c61-2dd3-414c-b91f-064dd31b8cb9
  3. Will Microsoft Photos be enabled to view .webp photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will Microsoft Photos be enabled to view .webp photos: Will Microsoft Photos be enabled to view .webp photos? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-microsoft-photos-be-enabled-to-view-webp/d8646c61-2dd3-414c-b91f-064dd31b8cb9
  4. Windows 'Photos' App Support for .webp Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 'Photos' App Support for .webp Files: I'm trying to understand why the 'Photos' app the Windows 10/11 default for most common image formats will not open files with the ".webp" extension even though it actually *can* display those images. It seems like 'Photos' simply will not recognize any file with that...
  5. Windows 'Photos' App Support for .webp Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 'Photos' App Support for .webp Files: I'm trying to understand why the 'Photos' app the Windows 10/11 default for most common image formats will not open files with the ".webp" extension even though it actually *can* display those images. It seems like 'Photos' simply will not recognize any file with that...
  6. Windows 'Photos' App Support for .webp Files

7. How do I make Microsoft Photos the default viewer for .webp files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make Microsoft Photos the default viewer for .webp files?: The WindowsApps folder where it resides is hidden, and I'm led to believe that I should keep it that way for security reasons.When I go to the settings menu > apps, and I select the default programs menu, selecting .wepb files currently set to Chrome, Photos is not on the...
  8. How do I make Microsoft Photos the default viewer for .webp files?

How do I make Microsoft Photos the default viewer for .webp files?: The WindowsApps folder where it resides is hidden, and I'm led to believe that I should keep it that way for security reasons.When I go to the settings menu > apps, and I select the default programs menu, selecting .wepb files currently set to Chrome, Photos is not on the...
  9. Open WebP images on Photos app

Open WebP images on Photos app: Hi How to Open WebP images on Photos app ? its only showing in windows photo viewer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-webp-images-on-photos-app/e163fe16-5b83-44df-93fc-5f17c913aebe
  10. I need to open .webp files with the Windows 10 Photos app

I need to open .webp files with the Windows 10 Photos app: I need to open .webp files with the Photos app but it doesn't show up in the "open with" context menu and I can't find the .exe file. I know that the Photos app can read it because renaming the extension works. This shouldn't be hard to do but I can't find a way to do it....