Windows 10: How do I Output two Audio Inputs into ONE Output?

Discus and support How do I Output two Audio Inputs into ONE Output? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've got a really funky setup. Basically XBOX One (HDMI to HDMI)/ Computer (HDMI to HDMI) to Receiver (supports 4K passthrough) to Monitor (via HDMI)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JOSHSKORN, Jan 8, 2018.

1. JOSHSKORN Win User

How do I Output two Audio Inputs into ONE Output?

I've got a really funky setup. Basically
    XBOX One (HDMI to HDMI)/ Computer (HDMI to HDMI) to Receiver (supports 4K passthrough) to Monitor (via HDMI)

I also have my computer plugged directly into my monitor via DisplayPort.

I want to be able to hear my XBOX One through my headset, and really the only way is to plug a cable into the Microphone jack of my receiver, into the Line In on my computer, and play it back through my preferred device, in this case is a headset. Additionally, I have to set my receiver as the active playback device by clicking the speaker on the system tray and selecting it. When I do this, I can only hear what's played back through the line in port and not through my computer, until I switch the Playback Device back to my headset (Logitech G933).

I think what I'm looking for, is to essentially have both my receiver speakers and my headset active as the current playback device, so I can hear what's going on through my XBOX One AND my PC. For the most part, while gaming, I don't need to worry about this, because I use the XBOX app, which allows keyboard functionality for typing messages. What I'm mainly concerned about, is hearing when notifications on my PC come through while watching TV.

Does this make sense? Is this possible? I've tried looking into this, but there is no related "Mix" option in my Recording Devices.

:)

JOSHSKORN, Jan 8, 2018

2. The Volume on my desktop

There are only two things for sound one is Sound video and game controllers and another is audio inputs and outputs and what tab do I look in to find the details of it

DeathLord_, Jan 8, 2018
  3. dhm3 Win User
    Windows 10 v1709 FCU: How to update drivers for "Audio Inputs and Outputs"?

There are now two audio categories under Device Managers:

Audio Inputs and Outputs

Sound, video and game controllers

I am having surround channel mapping issues since FCU where Windows 10 is sending LS or LR audio to LF instead so the whole sound stage is off center to the right. I have tried updating all my drivers to no avail and just noticed Windows 10 has added a
    new category under Device Manager. All the drivers under "Audio Inputs and Outputs" are by Microsoft and dated 9/28/2017 where as all the drivers under "Sound, video and game controllers" are according to the sound drivers I've installed. Whether automatic
    or manual, Windows 10 says the drivers in "Audio Inputs and Outputs" are the best. This is for both Nvidia or Realtek, Uninstall devices have the same result. I've checked with others for Realtek Digital Output (Optical) and they have newer versions dated
    2018 by Microsoft but they have no idea how they got here.

How do I find and update drivers for "Audio Inputs and Outputs"? Again,
    NOT
    for drivers that update "Sound, video and game controllers". If you don't know the difference, please do not reply with methods for regular drivers and muddy this thread.

dhm3, Jan 8, 2018
  4. How do I Output two Audio Inputs into ONE Output?

that entire post either needs to be rephrased or you have to post photos to support what you are trying to achieve , i found it difficult to visualize the situation using provided text but maybe that is just me . but based on the header i suggest you take a look at something like this or similar that might solve your problem :

How do I Output two Audio Inputs into ONE Output? [​IMG]

also try to update your sound driver because you seem to be on windows default , also you might want to enable the "Listen to this device" from recording devices properties for "line in"

nIGHTmAYOR, Jan 9, 2018
  5. From what you're describing it sounds like you want to have two output devices (HDMI receiver + line-out headset) and have Windows output both the line-in audio and the local audio to both outputs? Is that correct?

Unfortunately if you don't have a "Stereo Mix" device I haven't found a way to do it. I assume you've already updated to the latest audio drivers for your mobo?

PolarNettles, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How do I Output two Audio Inputs into ONE Output?

1. How do I Output two Audio Inputs into ONE Output? - Similar Threads - Output Audio Inputs

2. how do I set output audio as input audio?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I set output audio as input audio?: maybe a dumb question but I wonder if I can use digital output on my motherboard as input? I want to connect my xbox 360 to digital output with optical cable and make the sound go out through PC speakers connected to 3.5 jack. is it possible?...
  3. how do I set output audio as input audio?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I set output audio as input audio?: maybe a dumb question but I wonder if I can use digital output on my motherboard as input? I want to connect my xbox 360 to digital output with optical cable and make the sound go out through PC speakers connected to 3.5 jack. is it possible?...
  4. how do I set output audio as input audio?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I set the output audio as input audio?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I set the output audio as input audio?: I want to set the output audio as input audio, which means that the "microphone" or the audio input picks up exactly the same audio as what the pc itself outputs. On my Win10 computer I managed to do this by setting "Stereo Mix" as the input device instead of "Microphone"....
  6. How do I set the output audio as input audio?

How do I set the output audio as input audio?: I want to set the output audio as input audio, which means that the "microphone" or the audio input picks up exactly the same audio as what the pc itself outputs. On my Win10 computer I managed to do this by setting "Stereo Mix" as the input device instead of "Microphone"....
  7. How to fix two input jacks are displaying as one output

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix two input jacks are displaying as one output: I just purchased earphones, but when i plugged it in my pc, it was not detecting it.When i tried to test if it was still working, speakers and that earphones was working at the same time.So i checked in sound settingsin control panel and in the properties of my speakers there...
  8. How to fix two input jacks are displaying as one output

How to fix two input jacks are displaying as one output: I just purchased earphones, but when i plugged it in my pc, it was not detecting it.When i tried to test if it was still working, speakers and that earphones was working at the same time.So i checked in sound settingsin control panel and in the properties of my speakers there...
  9. How to fix two input jacks are displaying as one output

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Audio Input And Output

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Input And Output: Is there any way I can sent an audio device's output as an input. As in playing audio and it going through a mic/input. submitted by /u/Shreksc00ch [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kijzcr/audio_input_and_output/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows two audio inputs to one output

2. two audio inputs to one output