Windows 10: How do I overcome the "Missing Media" right in the early stages of installation

Discus and support How do I overcome the "Missing Media" right in the early stages of installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an existing computer based in an MSI B450i Motherboard, MSI Radion RX850 Armor graphics card and Ryzen 5 3600 CPU. It has a Single NVME.m2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlanChandler42, Aug 16, 2020.

1. How do I overcome the "Missing Media" right in the early stages of installation

I have an existing computer based in an MSI B450i Motherboard, MSI Radion RX850 Armor graphics card and Ryzen 5 3600 CPU. It has a Single NVME.m2 Drive Samsung EVO 960 and two SSD one Samsung 860EVO and one WD Blue Nand,

I am running linux on this machine with Virtual Box running a properly licenced version of Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 a while ago. But since I would like to run MS FS2020 when it gets released shortly, I decided I needed to be able to Dual Boot into Windows 10 so I can properly use the graphics card. I need to keep my Virtual Box installation, so I will licence a new copy of Windows 10 as soon as I can get it installed.

I used my existing Windows system to download and use the media creation tool, but since it doesn't expose my usb ports, the best I was able to do was to create the Windows.iso file. However on Linux its a simple matter to make the usb by using "dd" to copy bit for bit onto a usb device San Disk Cruz - 16GB.

I have also created an usb by downloading the Windows English International Version iso directly in linux. The results are the same.

I can boot into this Media, and I get the initial pages of the installer - the first where it checks the language etc and the second where it has the "Install Now" button.

But shortly afterwards it comes up with Missing Media message saying it needs the drivers for the DvD or USB Hard Drive. WHERE do I find these?

I have seen videos on the internet that says move the media to a different non usb 3.0 port, but I tried all that and no luck. I went to the motherboard manufactures web site and AMD web site looking for drivers, but these all seem like files that only work after installation ie they are .exe files that need a windows installation to run them. So I am stuck I cannot move forward.

PS one follow up question. I have formatted the Samsung 860 Evo with 4 partitions. I am currently using partitions 3 and 4 for my own use and was hoping to install windows on partitions 1 and 2, but I saw a sticky post here that implied a windows installation requires the entire disk. Is that true? I was also aiming to provide windows with a single partition of 300G on the NVME drive for Flight Simulator Data. I presume I can provide just that one partition to become the D drive or is that constrained to be a whole drive too.

:)

AlanChandler42, Aug 16, 2020
  2. Law-II Win User

Windows Media Center Live TV Help

Hi

go here - Hauppauge | Page Not Found select "Windows Media Center install" tab

look at - Setting up your TV tuner in Windows 7 Media Center - select download (will open a pdf with screen by screen instructions)
    "Download
    Here is a screen by screen view of the setup of Windows Media Center. It was based on the WinTV-HVR-1600, but the setup with other WinTV-HVR products will be similar."

Follow the guide stage by stage

let the TPU community know at what "step" Media Center gets stuck at Example: step 1, step 2

nb: It may be to do with your zip code and or post code not being entered

In regard to your DVD Rom drive - go to -control panel/device manager/DVD/CD-ROM drives -make a note of the make and model number Example: Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-215D ATA Device - highlight the device you have installed -press right mouse button-select properties-details-property and select Install Date from the drop down list and let us know this.

atb (all the best)

Law-II

Law-II, Aug 16, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 16, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

How do I overcome the "Missing Media" right in the early stages of installation

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Thema:

How do I overcome the "Missing Media" right in the early stages of installation

1. How do I overcome the "Missing Media" right in the early stages of installation - Similar Threads - overcome Missing Media

2. Windows media pack missing. but its already installed and On. How do i fix this?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows media pack missing. but its already installed and On. How do i fix this?: Ive downloaded a software called medal, it keeps giving me error to download media feature pack. But I checked it and I've already installed. I cant find a solution, can anyone help me.My system infoEdition Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 Installed on ‎4/‎6/‎2021 OS build...
  3. media rights

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    media rights: I have some music downloads that I bought from AOL a long time ago. When I try to play them it gives an error and I don't have media rights. Is there a way to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-rights/07adbcd0-a5b1-43f1-b474-b4f1eb95d39b
  4. Clean install stages

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install stages: Can anyone send me here screenshots of a clean install? As i did one but i just clicked on the highlighted partition and it did the install but i think i didnt do it correctly as i think i have to click on format? is this correct?...
  5. How do I overcome "The requested operation requires elevation."?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I overcome "The requested operation requires elevation."?: How do I overcome "The requested operation requires elevation."? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-overcome-the-requested-operation-requires/8b55a79f-1c90-40af-ae5f-85e519171884
  6. How do I overcome the error message Error 0x80070005 on upgrade?

How do I overcome the error message Error 0x80070005 on upgrade?: Encountering error message "Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004 -Error 0x80070005" when Windows attempts to upgrade? Is there a solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-overcome-the-error-message-error/68932fc8-3394-4e2a-bcc9-0feb27d2af58
  7. UWP Process: How problematic it is? If i overcome!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    UWP Process: How problematic it is? If i overcome!!!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sdr4488 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g76gts/uwp_process_how_problematic_it_is_if_i_overcome/
  8. How do I choose the location on installing the installation media

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I choose the location on installing the installation media: It always choose the hard drive that always has low storage, and I want it to be my USB submitted by /u/Zemicron [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f6nvgs/how_do_i_choose_the_location_on_installing_the/
  9. How to overcome 1719 Win10 Installer Service errors?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to overcome 1719 Win10 Installer Service errors?: How to overcome 1719 Win10 Installer Service errors? Nothing works. Old solutions predate Win10 so they cannot be trusted and/or used. Vendors do not have solutions either....
  10. How do I install media information?

How do I install media information?: How di I install media information? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-install-media-information/a053a640-bebb-4fd0-b7fa-e58bf988f18e