Windows 10: How do I overwrite default settings used by Task Scheduler

Discus and support How do I overwrite default settings used by Task Scheduler in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have an application i.e. ACCUPLACER Score Client that I am running which creates/deletes a task in the Windows Task Scheduler Library. When the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Joe-TXST, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Joe-TXST Win User

How do I overwrite default settings used by Task Scheduler

I have an application i.e. ACCUPLACER Score Client that I am running which creates/deletes a task in the Windows Task Scheduler Library. When the application creates the task, it creates it with the default security settings of "Run only if user is logged on" and "Run with highest privileges" turned off. Is there a way to overwrite these settings so the security settings are set to "Run whether user is logged on or not" and "Run with highest privileges" is turned on?

:)

Joe-TXST, Jun 23, 2022

2. Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to clear the task from Task Scheduler using the below steps and check if the issue still persists.

Steps:-

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Click on Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select the particular task and right click on it.
    • Select End.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jun 23, 2022
  3. Cannot schedule a task with Task Scheduler - error 2147942403

Hi,

I suggest you to check the below settings and check fi it helps.

• In task scheduler, click on the scheduled job properties > then settings.
    • In the last listed option: "If the task is already running, the following rule applies:"
    • Select "Stop the existing instance" from the drop down list.
    • Save and Exit. Then check whether the task is running or not.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Jun 23, 2022
  4. How do I overwrite default settings used by Task Scheduler

Window's Task Scheduler Not Running

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Have you tried recreating the task? If so, are you getting the same issue?
    • Have you tried creating a new task?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you ensure that the Task Scheduler is running. You can verify if the service is running by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Services (Local), make sure that the Task Scheduler service's status is
      Started or Enabled.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

How do I overwrite default settings used by Task Scheduler

1. How do I overwrite default settings used by Task Scheduler - Similar Threads - overwrite default settings

2. How do you set up a task scheduler action to change default audio device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you set up a task scheduler action to change default audio device?: I'm trying to set up a two events in task scheduler.1. Change default audio input and output to my Virtual Oculus device whenever Oculus Program/Process is started. I can set the trigger by following this guide, but I can't figure out how to set the action to change my...
  3. How do you set up a task scheduler action to change default audio device?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you set up a task scheduler action to change default audio device?: I'm trying to set up a two events in task scheduler.1. Change default audio input and output to my Virtual Oculus device whenever Oculus Program/Process is started. I can set the trigger by following this guide, but I can't figure out how to set the action to change my...
  4. How do I use Task Scheduler to start a program minimized?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I use Task Scheduler to start a program minimized?: I'm trying to start CUPID HWMonitor to start minimized on login. I can start it minimized through the shortcut properties, and I can start it poped-up on login, but I can't get it to start minimized through Task Scheduler. Using /background or start/ min does not work either....
  5. How do I use Task Scheduler to start a program minimized?

How do I use Task Scheduler to start a program minimized?: I'm trying to start CUPID HWMonitor to start minimized on login. I can start it minimized through the shortcut properties, and I can start it poped-up on login, but I can't get it to start minimized through Task Scheduler. Using /background or start/ min does not work either....
  6. How do I use Task Scheduler to start a program minimized?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How do I overwrite default settings used by Task Scheduler

How do I overwrite default settings used by Task Scheduler: I have an application i.e. ACCUPLACER Score Client that I am running which creates/deletes a task in the Windows Task Scheduler Library. When the application creates the task, it creates it with the default security settings of "Run only if user is logged on" and "Run with...
  8. How do I re-create (restore) a task in Task Scheduler?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I re-create (restore) a task in Task Scheduler?: Once Windows 10 got itself updated to the Anniversary edition, I noticed there was some problem with the Family Safety feature - namely, whenever my kids asked me for a remote extension of the time limit, and I granted it, it simply wouldn't push through to the PC. So, an...
  9. How do I use task scheduler to setup hourly reminders

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I use task scheduler to setup hourly reminders: I want to use task scheduler to setup periodic reminders and since I'd no idea how to do this I googled and tried this but no success. So how do I do this. I'm trying to setup a reminder on a hourly or so basis to do exercises for RSI in my hands. Appreciate any help *Smile...
  10. How do I minimize onedrive with task scheduler?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I minimize onedrive with task scheduler?: I like all my cloud service to start with a delay so my laptop starts and loads faster. I have OneDrive, Dropbox, Skype and Google Drive all starting with a delay in task scheduler but I cannot get OneDrive and Skype to start minimized! It's driving me crazy! I have the...