Windows 10: How do I password protect a zipped folder in Microsoft 10

Discus and support How do I password protect a zipped folder in Microsoft 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Article in link... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PraveenSH, Nov 30, 2020.

1. PraveenSH Win User

How do I password protect a zipped folder in Microsoft 10

Article in link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files/how-do-i-password-protect-a-zipped-folder-in/34f35561-a6a8-492e-96f4-175a218aeb32 does not answer where to provide the password!

:)

PraveenSH, Nov 30, 2020

2. Password protect a zip-folder

Hi
    DettePJ_7

You could set a password to a zip folder using a program like 7-Zip.

• Download it from
      here
      & install it
    • Select the folder that you want to protect with a password
    • Right-click on the folder > 7-Zip >
      Add to archive...
    • Insert the password that you'd like to apply under Encryption and click
      OK
    Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alby

Alberto Giura (AlbyTech), Nov 30, 2020
  3. DettePJ_7 Win User
    Password protect a zip-folder

Hi, I have Windows 10.

How do I password protect a zip folder?

DettePJ_7, Nov 30, 2020
  4. How do I password protect a zipped folder in Microsoft 10

I have a zipped folder containing many documents and want to password protect it. How do I do that in Microsoft 10?

EricShield1, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I password protect a zipped folder in Microsoft 10 - Similar Threads - password protect zipped

2. How do you password protect a zip file in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you password protect a zip file in Windows 11?: How do you password protect a zip file in Windows 11? I see that there is a greyed out option, but that is only for Pro license users. Why was that feature removed for home users? Should we not move towards more security instead of less?...
  3. How do you password protect a zip file in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you password protect a zip file in Windows 11?: How do you password protect a zip file in Windows 11? I see that there is a greyed out option, but that is only for Pro license users. Why was that feature removed for home users? Should we not move towards more security instead of less?...
  4. how do i encrypt a .zip folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i encrypt a .zip folder?: encrypt : requires password to open .zip folder : a regular non-7zip/WinRAR/etc folder submitted by /u/Dr_DD_RpW_A [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ny56v6/how_do_i_encrypt_a_zip_folder/
  5. How do I password protect a folder in Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I password protect a folder in Windows 10: hi all I am sending my laptop for repair and want to keep nosy eyes from some documents on my laptop that contain personal info eg statements, letters, etc. Can I password protect a folder so that the repair shop can't see the documents? I googled and found...
  6. Password Protected ZIP Files

Password Protected ZIP Files: I have some password protected ZIP files. When I open them the first time I have to enter the password. However, if it has been opened and closed, it does not ask for a password when I open it again. That is unacceptable to me. There is a reason why I have passwords on these...
  7. How do you password protect folders in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you password protect folders in Windows 10?: Google shows all sorts of results that say something about going into properties, advanced, encrypt contents to secure data, and then there are several comments saying it doesn't work for them. It certainly didn't work for me. If that's not an option, does anyone have a...
  8. How do I password protect my desktop folders?

How do I password protect my desktop folders?: I just bought this Windows 10 Pro because i needed to be able to encrypt my folder with a password. After it was set up, the "encrypt content to a secure data" is still grayed out. How do i go around it and create a password-protected folder? Any help will be very much...
  9. Password Protecting a Zipped folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Password Protecting a Zipped folder: So it seems that the only folder that windows lets you lock on Windows 10 is a Zipped folder, but when i go into Properties of the folder and try to select encrypt its faded out and cannot be selected? Please help?...
  10. How do I password protect a folder

How do I password protect a folder: How do I password protect a folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-password-protect-a-folder/a6e1a357-c248-44c4-adf0-d1fc02f569b2"