Windows 10: How do i password protect filea and folders on my pc

Discus and support How do i password protect filea and folders on my pc in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want to password protect files and folders on my windows 10 computer I've already tryed the hidden folders option it doesn't satisfy me is there an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Facts-notEELINGS, Aug 9, 2020.

1. How do i password protect filea and folders on my pc

I want to password protect files and folders on my windows 10 computer I've already tryed the hidden folders option it doesn't satisfy me is there an application i can use to achieve this

submitted by /u/Facts-notEELINGS
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Facts-notEELINGS, Aug 9, 2020
  2. suraswami Win User

Password protecting Folders

I am building a machine for my friend and he was asking me to create folders and password protect it. How do I do in XP pro? Is there a built in tool or should I rely on third party tool? if so anything free out there?

Thanks for the help.

*Toast :toast:

suraswami, Aug 9, 2020
  3. bakasamaz Win User
    How To: Password Protect a Folder in Network?

Hi all I have a question for you all Networking Expert out there. Im running a small networking at my house. this Network consist of 3 computers : My computer, My sister's and My mom's. My computer act as a Network Harddrive, I share a lot of Files in my computer. Sometimes my sister like to pull over some files from my computer, but there are some folders where i dont like her to open. Im thinking to Password Protect a certain folders, so whenever she or my mom open those certain folders a pop up will show up asking for password (im thinking to password protect because sometimes I need to able to access those folders from either my mom's or sister's computer) Is there anyway to do this? third party Program? all computers in my network running Windows XP.

bakasamaz, Aug 9, 2020
  4. FLY3R Win User

How do i password protect filea and folders on my pc

?? How do I PW protect Folders in windows

Sup, i was wondering if anyone knew how to password protect a "Folder" in windows or do i need a 3rd party software, if so recommendations would be great. Thanks

FLY3R, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

How do i password protect filea and folders on my pc

1. How do i password protect filea and folders on my pc - Similar Threads - password protect filea

2. How can I password protect folders?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I password protect folders?: How can someone who has a personal laptop or tablet e.g. Surface Go with Windows 11 S password protect or encrypt folders? Is Bitlocker something that can be purchased for individuals? Are there any particular applications or alternatives Microsoft recommends for individuals...
  3. How can I password protect folders?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I password protect folders?: How can someone who has a personal laptop or tablet e.g. Surface Go with Windows 11 S password protect or encrypt folders? Is Bitlocker something that can be purchased for individuals? Are there any particular applications or alternatives Microsoft recommends for individuals...
  4. How To Password Protect A Folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How To Password Protect A Folder?: Hey, so I have been trying to find a way to password protect a folder, for various sets of reasons, and it's a bit weird that this isn't a thing. I have been on multiple different websites and videos, but all they do is give you a .bat file that just hides the folder. This...
  5. How do I password protect a zipped folder in Microsoft 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I password protect a zipped folder in Microsoft 10: Article in link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files/how-do-i-password-protect-a-zipped-folder-in/34f35561-a6a8-492e-96f4-175a218aeb32 does not answer where to provide the password!...
  6. How do I password protect a folder in Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I password protect a folder in Windows 10: hi all I am sending my laptop for repair and want to keep nosy eyes from some documents on my laptop that contain personal info eg statements, letters, etc. Can I password protect a folder so that the repair shop can't see the documents? I googled and found...
  7. How do I password-protect all Word files in a folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I password-protect all Word files in a folder?: Hello, I'm looking to make all the files in a folder on my computer read-only unless a password is entered. There are about 50 files, so an automated method would be ideal. Editing the permissions of the folder won't suit the problem. There needs to be a password that...
  8. How do I password protect my desktop folders?

How do I password protect my desktop folders?: I just bought this Windows 10 Pro because i needed to be able to encrypt my folder with a password. After it was set up, the "encrypt content to a secure data" is still grayed out. How do i go around it and create a password-protected folder? Any help will be very much...
  9. How do I password protect a folder

How do I password protect a folder: How do I password protect a folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-password-protect-a-folder/a6e1a357-c248-44c4-adf0-d1fc02f569b2"
  10. How I can protect a folder with password?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How I can protect a folder with password?: I need your support; how i can create a password to protect my folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-can-protect-a-folder-with-password/9cc8f781-f069-4737-866a-972f39aa7f45"