Windows 10: How do I password protect my desktop folders?

Discus and support How do I password protect my desktop folders? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just bought this Windows 10 Pro because i needed to be able to encrypt my folder with a password. After it was set up, the "encrypt content to a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MaritzLavarias, Jul 18, 2020.

1. How do I password protect my desktop folders?

I just bought this Windows 10 Pro because i needed to be able to encrypt my folder with a password. After it was set up, the "encrypt content to a secure data" is still grayed out. How do i go around it and create a password-protected folder?

Any help will be very much appreciated. I am not tech savvy but i can follow instructions.

Thank you,

Maritz

:)

MaritzLavarias, Jul 18, 2020
  2. MCK
    mck Win User

How can I find the password for my Windows 10 laptop?

I found a solution to my problem. What I did was:
    1. Open Network & Sharing Center on the laptop.
    2. Click "Change advanced sharing settings"
    3. Expand the "All Networks" item.
    4. Change "Password protected sharing" from On to Off.

Now when I click my laptop name in File Explorer > Networks, it just shows my shared folder without asking for a network credentials password. This is how it used to work before.

Hope this helps others,

3. How do I Password Protect my PC Settings?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.

I understand how you feel about the situation. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps:

• Open User Account Control Settings by clicking the Start button.
    • Then type uac, and then click Change User Account Control settings.

• Do one of the following:
    • To turn off UAC, move the slider to the Never notify position, and then click
      OK. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. You will need to restart your computer for UAC to be turned off.
    • To turn on UAC, move the slider to choose when you want to be notified, and then click
      OK. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jul 18, 2020
  4. How do I password protect my desktop folders?

How can I protect a folder with a password?

I need to password-protect my directories, because I don't want my boss to see everything I save or download. He obviously knows the 'root' password and I'm not that familiar with Linux, so I don't know how to "hide" some of my directories from him.
    Thanks

chikiwighi, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

How do I password protect my desktop folders?

1. How do I password protect my desktop folders? - Similar Threads - password protect desktop

2. How can I password protect folders?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I password protect folders?: How can someone who has a personal laptop or tablet e.g. Surface Go with Windows 11 S password protect or encrypt folders? Is Bitlocker something that can be purchased for individuals? Are there any particular applications or alternatives Microsoft recommends for individuals...
  3. How can I password protect folders?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I password protect folders?: How can someone who has a personal laptop or tablet e.g. Surface Go with Windows 11 S password protect or encrypt folders? Is Bitlocker something that can be purchased for individuals? Are there any particular applications or alternatives Microsoft recommends for individuals...
  4. How To Password Protect A Folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How To Password Protect A Folder?: Hey, so I have been trying to find a way to password protect a folder, for various sets of reasons, and it's a bit weird that this isn't a thing. I have been on multiple different websites and videos, but all they do is give you a .bat file that just hides the folder. This...
  5. How do I password protect a folder in Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I password protect a folder in Windows 10: hi all I am sending my laptop for repair and want to keep nosy eyes from some documents on my laptop that contain personal info eg statements, letters, etc. Can I password protect a folder so that the repair shop can't see the documents? I googled and found...
  6. How do I password-protect all Word files in a folder?

How do I password-protect all Word files in a folder?: Hello, I'm looking to make all the files in a folder on my computer read-only unless a password is entered. There are about 50 files, so an automated method would be ideal. Editing the permissions of the folder won't suit the problem. There needs to be a password that...
  7. How do i password protect filea and folders on my pc

How do i password protect filea and folders on my pc: I want to password protect files and folders on my windows 10 computer I've already tryed the hidden folders option it doesn't satisfy me is there an application i can use to achieve this submitted by /u/Facts-notEELINGS [link] [comments]...
  8. How do I password protect a single desktop if I have mutiple desktops on my computer?

How do I password protect a single desktop if I have mutiple desktops on my computer?: I just want to be able to keep like a pin code or a password that is securing one of my 3 desktops so I can place like windows with sensitive info and stuff on it when I'm working. Thanks! submitted by /u/Hrishnugg [link] [comments]...
  9. How do I password protect a folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I password protect a folder: How do I password protect a folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-password-protect-a-folder/a6e1a357-c248-44c4-adf0-d1fc02f569b2"
  10. How I can protect a folder with password?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How I can protect a folder with password?: I need your support; how i can create a password to protect my folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-can-protect-a-folder-with-password/9cc8f781-f069-4737-866a-972f39aa7f45"