Windows 10: How do I paste text from a pdf into ONE excel cell, not multiple?

Discus and support How do I paste text from a pdf into ONE excel cell, not multiple? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I tried to paste a paragraph of text from a PDF into ONE excel cell but it's pasting it into multiple. What do I do to fix this?I tried wrapping... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Hope Lichtman, Mar 22, 2023.

1. How do I paste text from a pdf into ONE excel cell, not multiple?

Hello,I tried to paste a paragraph of text from a PDF into ONE excel cell but it's pasting it into multiple. What do I do to fix this?I tried wrapping text, exiting and reopening the file and nothings working.PLEASE HELP this is a work project that's due friday, If Im at the wrong place, tell me where to go please.

:)

Hope Lichtman, Mar 22, 2023
  2. sygnus21 Win User

Definitive statement of Excel single cell capacity limitations

Realize Excel is not designed to be a word document. Typically, a cell would hold a title or some short text far less then 255 characters. With that if you need far more than the cell limitation, you could either insert a Word document... Insert an object in your Excel spreadsheet. There's also the option to link to documents such as Word, PDF or website from within Excel *Wink

At the end of the day, you're not going to overcome the cell limit, so I suggest you look for alternatives as suggested above.

Good luck

sygnus21, Mar 22, 2023
  3. comcom Win User
    Definitive statement of Excel single cell capacity limitations

Can someone here teach how to copy all text from 1996 California Proposition 218 - Wikipedia into a single cell so in future I can read the text in the top box? Please refer to my post#8. You can see after copying and pasting all the text, the last character it shows is "expres", after that a lot of characters not copied into the cell. Thanks.

Maybe it is already written somewhere in some of your answers, but I could not figure out how to do it. Can you write in step by step form, e.g. if I want to bold a text in Excel, I would write 1. click [home] in top menu>2. use mouse to select text>3. click icon.

comcom, Mar 22, 2023
  4. How do I paste text from a pdf into ONE excel cell, not multiple?

coping text from a excel cell to another excel cell

I am trying to copy text from one excel to another excel cell automatically on the same worksheet

LarrySullivan1, Mar 22, 2023
Thema:

How do I paste text from a pdf into ONE excel cell, not multiple?

1. How do I paste text from a pdf into ONE excel cell, not multiple? - Similar Threads - paste text pdf

2. Excel spreadsheet average of cells containing multiple variables

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel spreadsheet average of cells containing multiple variables: I keep a spreadsheet of blood pressure readings which I give to my GP to enable him to see a better picture of my condition.The format is 119/79/75 125/84/69 107/69/73 114/74/75 135/91/73 126/81/85 128/76/78 137/82/63 124/79/69etc on a daily basis..My GP asked if it would be...
  3. Excel spreadsheet average of cells containing multiple variables

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excel spreadsheet average of cells containing multiple variables: I keep a spreadsheet of blood pressure readings which I give to my GP to enable him to see a better picture of my condition.The format is 119/79/75 125/84/69 107/69/73 114/74/75 135/91/73 126/81/85 128/76/78 137/82/63 124/79/69etc on a daily basis..My GP asked if it would be...
  4. How do I paste text from a pdf into ONE excel cell, not multiple?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I paste text from a pdf into ONE excel cell, not multiple?: Hello,I tried to paste a paragraph of text from a PDF into ONE excel cell but it's pasting it into multiple. What do I do to fix this?I tried wrapping text, exiting and reopening the file and nothings working.PLEASE HELP this is a work project that's due friday, If Im at the...
  5. Cannot select text in one specific cell in Excel 365

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot select text in one specific cell in Excel 365: Am trying to select text in a cell in Excel365 to change it to strikethru but cannot select it by any means - double click just moves the cursor - SHIFT Arrow left/right does the same. I can delete it, but not select it. Other cells work correctly. Any ideas?...
  6. Excel: How do I find the cell named "Rest"?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel: How do I find the cell named "Rest"?: is above Excel: Wie finde ich die Zell mit dem Namen "Rest"?
  7. coping text from a excel cell to another excel cell

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    coping text from a excel cell to another excel cell: I am trying to copy text from one excel to another excel cell automatically on the same worksheet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/coping-text-from-a-excel-cell-to-another-excel/5a272c74-33e6-457c-82f8-3ae3196e8f81"
  8. Excel copy and paste cell to non adjacent cell in Apple

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Excel copy and paste cell to non adjacent cell in Apple: In windows Excel to copy and paste to a non adjacent cell press the control key and move the cusor to the edge of the cell and you get an arrow with a plus sign to move the contents to another cell. On my Apple computer I cannot get an arrow to appear when I select the cell....
  9. Make Excel display text in a column's cells based on the presence of text in neighboring cells

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Make Excel display text in a column's cells based on the presence of text in neighboring cells: 1-21-19 I have seen some discussions relating to this question that involve formulae that result in text appearing in a column's cells based on the findings of a numerical value in a neighboring cell, or the converse-- a numerical value is made to appear based on a formula...
  10. MS Excel - Sorting text cells

in Microsoft Office and 365
    MS Excel - Sorting text cells: I am entering stamp collection catalogue "numbers" in a spreadsheet column. However, I am having problems sorting the stamps properly. For example: stamps 1, 2, 3, 1a, 2a, 3a should be sorted as 1, 1a, 2, 2a, 3, 3a. I know I am doing something wrong because I keep getting the...