Windows 10: How do I paste the items on the clipboard where I want them?

Discus and support How do I paste the items on the clipboard where I want them? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have copied a cropped screenshot to clipboard. When I get the clipboard, I can pin the item or delete it. That is all. If I try to Ctrl C, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Reine6, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Reine6 Win User

How do I paste the items on the clipboard where I want them?

Hello, I have copied a cropped screenshot to clipboard. When I get the clipboard, I can pin the item or delete it. That is all. If I try to Ctrl C, the clipboard disappears. I watched various videos and it seems that my clipboard is missing something as what I watched shows that the clipboard doesn't run away. Plus I see other elements on the clipboard in these videos that don't appear in mine. So how do I go about this?

:)

Reine6, Jun 25, 2020

2. Paste command not pasting most recent clipboard item

Hi, I'm working in Windows 10 and have a persistent problem with Copy + Paste. The problem is that the Paste command typically does not paste the most recent item from the clipboard, but rather pastes an item previously copied to the clipboard. So, for example,
    I might go grab something from the web via CTRL + C, and then try to copy it into an email, only to find that the pasted material is something I previously copied, not the material I copied most recently. At that point I have to go back, re-copy the stuff
    from the web, and try the paste command again. This works, but performing this sequence of steps twice most of the time is a pain in the...keyboard.

I'd welcome any suggestions. Thanks.

David Dodenhoff, Jun 25, 2020
  3. BetwixtAg Win User
    Pasting from clipboard

Thank you, The first suggestion worked. The second did also provided I did not click in the Paint window first.

I'd spent some time trying to work it out for myself but was fooled by the clipboard window always closing prematurely. So thanks again.

Also thanks to Frederick, although solved, I've noted your alternative suggestion.

BetwixtAg, Jun 25, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Pasting from clipboard

Hi BetwixtAg

Click your Start Button, then just type paint and form the resulting list open the Paint Application

In Paint, press Ctrl + V does that image paste form the clipboard?

If not, leave Paint open, press the Windows Key + V to open the clipboard

Click the Paint window, then click that image on the clipboard app, does that paste the image into Paint?

DaveM121, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I paste the items on the clipboard where I want them? - Similar Threads - paste items clipboard

2. How do I copy/paste from my clipboard and how do I resize the clipboard window?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I copy/paste from my clipboard and how do I resize the clipboard window?: I can't copy anything from my windows clipboard. When I click on an item, the clipboard disappears. Also, the clipboard window is too small...
  3. How do I copy/paste from my clipboard and how do I resize the clipboard window?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I copy/paste from my clipboard and how do I resize the clipboard window?: I can't copy anything from my windows clipboard. When I click on an item, the clipboard disappears. Also, the clipboard window is too small...
  4. How do I copy/paste from my clipboard and how do I resize the clipboard window?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Desktop icons not staying where I want them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icons not staying where I want them: Hi there - I have just switched from a desktop to a laptop, and I have a number of icons on my main screen. However, I like these icons to be grouped in a particular way - for example, all Word icons to be together, all Excel icons together, a Citrix icon on the top right of...
  6. How do I enable multiple clipboard copy paste in Windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I enable multiple clipboard copy paste in Windows?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/triciti [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ro7co4/how_do_i_enable_multiple_clipboard_copy_paste_in/
  7. How do I paste pictures from the clipboard?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I paste pictures from the clipboard?: Whenever I access the clipboard, I keep right-clicking the image I want to copy but it doesn't do anything. And when I exit the clipboard and right-click again, no menu pops up asking me if I want to paste it, which I think means that it was never copied in the first place....
  8. where do i find my clipboard

where do i find my clipboard: where do I find my copied item that has been copy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-find-my-clipboard/8ef595dc-af05-43c6-9741-897144e118dd
  9. how can i place desktop icons where i want them

how can i place desktop icons where i want them: how can i place desktop icons where i want them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-place-desktop-icons-where-i-want-them/7c83c79e-b794-49fa-9fdd-4079d50e99fc
  10. Paste command not pasting most recent clipboard item

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Paste command not pasting most recent clipboard item: Hi, I'm working in Windows 10 and have a persistent problem with Copy + Paste. The problem is that the Paste command typically does not paste the most recent item from the clipboard, but rather pastes an item previously copied to the clipboard. So, for example, I might go...