Windows 10: How do I permanently delete a folder in windows 10 using CMD commands?

Discus and support How do I permanently delete a folder in windows 10 using CMD commands? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have had problems deleting some folder from my PC and I did not know how I created it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Muwanga Godfrey, May 21, 2023.

1. How do I permanently delete a folder in windows 10 using CMD commands?

I have had problems deleting some folder from my PC and I did not know how I created it.

:)

Muwanga Godfrey, May 21, 2023

2. 0 byte folder cannot be deleted Problem

I have a 0 byte folder and I can't delete it. I'm using win 7 64 bit.
    please help *Cry :cry:

It says access denied when trying, please login as admin blah blah msgs....

I've searched the net for hours, Trying unlocker, fileassassin, and all other 'file deleter' programs out there. tried on safe mode, tried the cmd commands, even in cmd it says access denied, tried the closing explorer.exe and doing the command. I tried changing permissions and atrributes and it says you do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings. I logged in as the Administrator and still no hope.

the folder originally contained all my movies but since then i moved(using the move command) all of them someplace else(on another hdd) and I thought it was gone but the folder is still there, 0 bytes. It was shared when i deleted it and still appeared on the shared folders list but inaccessible coz it was already deleted so i 'unshared' the folder from the shared folders list. and so the problem began. the folder is still there and it is undeletable

One surefire way to do it without deleting my files is copying all other files to another HDD and reformat it and copy it back again but my hdd is currently contains 1 tb out of 1.36 and i dont have any hdds with that free space to use.

ALSO I CAN'T OPEN THE FOLDER it says

Location is not available

'directory' is not accessible.
    Access is Denied.

i think its more of a windows glitch than a virus problem

help??? *Frown How do I permanently delete a folder in windows 10 using CMD commands? :(

lyndonguitar, May 21, 2023
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink How do I permanently delete a folder in windows 10 using CMD commands? ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, May 21, 2023
  4. Tintai Win User

How do I permanently delete a folder in windows 10 using CMD commands?

I deleted $Windows~.BT folder that was propably Windows 10 files. How to recover?

Hello,

So about two weeks ago I deleted a $Windows~.BT folder (through the cmd). Now I know that was Windows 10 files ready for install.

How can I download it again? I'm sure I need to reinstall some update. But which?

Tintai

Tintai, May 21, 2023
Thema:

How do I permanently delete a folder in windows 10 using CMD commands?

1. How do I permanently delete a folder in windows 10 using CMD commands? - Similar Threads - permanently delete folder

2. How do I permanently delete a folder in windows 10 using CMD commands?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I permanently delete a folder in windows 10 using CMD commands?: I have had problems deleting some folder from my PC and I did not know how I created it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-permanently-delete-a-folder-in-windows-10/de82ca30-b16e-43f2-94c9-daa52b580c0c
  3. How do I permanently delete a folder in windows 10 using CMD commands?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I permanently delete a folder in windows 10 using CMD commands?: I have had problems deleting some folder from my PC and I did not know how I created it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-permanently-delete-a-folder-in-windows-10/de82ca30-b16e-43f2-94c9-daa52b580c0c
  4. How to delete the Windows.old folder PERMANENTLY?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to delete the Windows.old folder PERMANENTLY?: These two folders are annoying me, I'm unable to delete both of them. Both the folders are taking up too much space on the disk, around 5-6 GB. Whenever, I try to delete them permanently, I get a message that, you don't have the permissions because it's owned by the...
  5. Useful Commands to Manage Files and Folders through CMD in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Useful Commands to Manage Files and Folders through CMD in Windows 10: [IMG]This article lists down various commands that you can use to manage files and folders through Command-Line in Windows 10. Although a lot of users prefer using a graphical user interface to manage files for a hassle-free experience, some also use the command-line...
  6. How do I find the location of a specific folder using cmd?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I find the location of a specific folder using cmd?: If I wanted to find a specific folder location or locations on my Windows 10 pc from the command-line, how would this be done? submitted by /u/rbjolly [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/irzlrf/how_do_i_find_the_location_of_a_specific_folder/
  7. How to sync MDM using cmd command

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to sync MDM using cmd command: Hi i would like to know how can i sync polices between computer and mdm server using cmd command as the picture show " sync " button [ATTACH] it appears that this button related to " system32\deviceenroller.exe " file according to these two articles...
  8. NVIDIA - how do I delete permanently?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVIDIA - how do I delete permanently?: I have tried so many ways of deleting NVIDIA from my computer. I don't need or want it. But every single time it keeps installing itself a day or so later. Please, how can I delete if off my computer once and for all?...
  9. How to delete files and folders using Command Prompt in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to delete files and folders using Command Prompt in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]At times, all our attempts to delete files or folders via File Explorer yield no results. Many reasons can be attributed to the failure, which can lock down the files/folders and prevent their deletion. In such cases, you can use [...] This post How to...
  10. how do i Delete tablet mode permanently in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i Delete tablet mode permanently in windows 10: so the problem is even when i set on pc mode and set dont ask dont change it still changes my laptop to tablet mode but my laptop dus not have touchscreen and it is really biginneng to bug me so please tel me how to permanently delete tablet mode from my laptop (btw sorry...