Windows 10: How do I permanently disable automatic Windows 10 Updates?

Discus and support How do I permanently disable automatic Windows 10 Updates? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Today I before I left for work, I had several tabs in two different programs open, with unsaved work that I hadn't finished yet. I closed my laptop to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RowingRussell, May 20, 2022.

1. How do I permanently disable automatic Windows 10 Updates?

Today I before I left for work, I had several tabs in two different programs open, with unsaved work that I hadn't finished yet. I closed my laptop to put it into sleep mode, came back 6 hours later, and Windows had gracefully updated against my will and deleted a lot of stuff I had been working on and was still toying with. This is at LEAST the third time it has happened, without asking permission or notifying me that it would update while I was away, and what pissed me off even more is that it updated while I had programs running with unsaved work. At least 3-4 hours of what I had been exper

:)

RowingRussell, May 20, 2022
  2. DaveM121 Win User

how to permanently disable windows 10 automatic updates,

Hi Ezequíaz, complete the 3 steps below to permanently stop Windows 10 Automatic Updates:

Open the Settings App

Go to Accounts - Sign-in Options

Choose to sign in with a Local Account rather than a Microsoft Account.

In the Settings App

Go to Network and Internet

Set your WiFi connection as Metered

Click your Start Button, type services and hit ENTER

Scroll down the list of services to find Windows Update

Double click the service

If it has started, click 'Stop'

Then you must set its startup type to 'Disabled' - 'Manual' will not do!

Restart your PC

That's It!

DaveM121, May 20, 2022
  3. Jetster Win User
    Jetster, May 20, 2022
  4. Drone Win User

How do I permanently disable automatic Windows 10 Updates?

[Guide] Disabling Windows 10 Automatic updates and "spyware"

Hide Windows Updates or driver updates

Your Windows 10 PC gets the latest updates automatically. In rare cases, a driver or update might cause issues with your PC. To keep the update from reinstalling automatically, download this troubleshooter, it will let you hide the problematic updates.

Drone, May 20, 2022
Thema:

How do I permanently disable automatic Windows 10 Updates?

1. How do I permanently disable automatic Windows 10 Updates? - Similar Threads - permanently disable automatic

2. how do i permanently disable updates in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i permanently disable updates in windows 10?: if i am unable to permanently disable this computer from doing ANY automatic updates, i WILL permanently disable this computer from ever being able to be distinguished from a pile of any type of fecal matter!!!!!!!...
  3. how do i permanently disable updates in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i permanently disable updates in windows 10?: if i am unable to permanently disable this computer from doing ANY automatic updates, i WILL permanently disable this computer from ever being able to be distinguished from a pile of any type of fecal matter!!!!!!!...
  4. how do i permanently disable updates in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How do I permanently disable automatic Windows 10 Updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I permanently disable automatic Windows 10 Updates?: Today I before I left for work, I had several tabs in two different programs open, with unsaved work that I hadn't finished yet. I closed my laptop to put it into sleep mode, came back 6 hours later, and Windows had gracefully updated against my will and deleted a lot of...
  6. How do I permanently disable automatic Windows 10 Updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I permanently disable automatic Windows 10 Updates?: Today I before I left for work, I had several tabs in two different programs open, with unsaved work that I hadn't finished yet. I closed my laptop to put it into sleep mode, came back 6 hours later, and Windows had gracefully updated against my will and deleted a lot of...
  7. How do I permanently disable Windows Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I permanently disable Windows Update?: Hi,Firstly, Windows Update is completely dodgy. First I didn't have enough space so I eventually got sick of being bombarded with warnings to update, so changed my drive partition to make 30GB. Update went through then cancelled and rolled back with a 0xc1900101 - 0x30018...
  8. How do I PERMANENTLY Disable automatic windows update restart?

How do I PERMANENTLY Disable automatic windows update restart?: I absolutely HATE this stupid "feature". Its bloody annoying and is no use to me whatsoever. I don't care what version of windows I'm running, and old version fromgasp 1 week ago is not going to kill me and is perfectly fine. I'm a gamedev in my spare time, and I often leave...
  9. How do you permanently disable automatic windows updates?

How do you permanently disable automatic windows updates?: I do not want windows updates, how do I permanently disable automatic updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-permanently-disable-automatic-windows/b1cf6802-da8e-448b-8a5b-5614fa9a3767
  10. How do I permanently disable automatic updates?

How do I permanently disable automatic updates?: I had 17 tabs open in an Incognito tab all about different things for my jeep. I've been trying to work on it and it's taken me a few days to get all the information I need so I can mess with the headlights, jack, and a couple of other things without the fear of messing...