Windows 10: How do I PERMANENTLY Disable automatic windows update restart?

Discus and support How do I PERMANENTLY Disable automatic windows update restart? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I absolutely HATE this stupid "feature". Its bloody annoying and is no use to me whatsoever. I don't care what version of windows I'm running, and old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EternalClickbait, Dec 13, 2020.

1. How do I PERMANENTLY Disable automatic windows update restart?

I absolutely HATE this stupid "feature". Its bloody annoying and is no use to me whatsoever. I don't care what version of windows I'm running, and old version fromgasp 1 week ago is not going to kill me and is perfectly fine. I'm a gamedev in my spare time, and I often leave my laptop running overnight in sleep mode, sometimes hibernate because my projects take a really long time to load up. I come back in the morning and oh no, windows restarted and I lost all my **** work. And now I have to waste my time opening up my projects and sometimes restoring from VCS because the restart corrupted my work. In my opinion, this is one of the worst "features" microsoft ever created. How do I COMPLETELY disable it changing active hours is useless because I can't make it 24/7? Showing a notification is a cool idea, but if I'm not at my computer, it's kinda pointless.

:)

EternalClickbait, Dec 13, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

how to permanently disable windows 10 automatic updates,

Hi Ezequíaz, complete the 3 steps below to permanently stop Windows 10 Automatic Updates:

Open the Settings App

Go to Accounts - Sign-in Options

Choose to sign in with a Local Account rather than a Microsoft Account.

In the Settings App

Go to Network and Internet

Set your WiFi connection as Metered

Click your Start Button, type services and hit ENTER

Scroll down the list of services to find Windows Update

Double click the service

If it has started, click 'Stop'

Then you must set its startup type to 'Disabled' - 'Manual' will not do!

Restart your PC

That's It!

DaveM121, Dec 13, 2020
  3. EpsylonDH Win User
    How do I PERMANENTLY disable Window Ink for Windows 10 Pro 1803

I tried it, and after restarting the changes I made to these services persisted, but the "Use Windows Ink" box checked itself again... I tried unchecking it and restarting again for a double check, no effect :/

Still, thanks for the suggestion.

EpsylonDH, Dec 13, 2020
  4. How do I PERMANENTLY Disable automatic windows update restart?

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Dec 13, 2020
Thema:

How do I PERMANENTLY Disable automatic windows update restart?

1. How do I PERMANENTLY Disable automatic windows update restart? - Similar Threads - PERMANENTLY Disable automatic

2. How do I permanently disable automatic Windows 10 Updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I permanently disable automatic Windows 10 Updates?: Today I before I left for work, I had several tabs in two different programs open, with unsaved work that I hadn't finished yet. I closed my laptop to put it into sleep mode, came back 6 hours later, and Windows had gracefully updated against my will and deleted a lot of...
  3. How do I permanently disable automatic Windows 10 Updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I permanently disable automatic Windows 10 Updates?: Today I before I left for work, I had several tabs in two different programs open, with unsaved work that I hadn't finished yet. I closed my laptop to put it into sleep mode, came back 6 hours later, and Windows had gracefully updated against my will and deleted a lot of...
  4. How do I permanently disable automatic Windows 10 Updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How do I permanently disable Windows Update?

How do I permanently disable Windows Update?: Hi,Firstly, Windows Update is completely dodgy. First I didn't have enough space so I eventually got sick of being bombarded with warnings to update, so changed my drive partition to make 30GB. Update went through then cancelled and rolled back with a 0xc1900101 - 0x30018...
  6. Permanently disable automatic restarts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Permanently disable automatic restarts: Once again, windows automatically restarted. This time I lost 2 days worth of work. I need to know how to permanently disable auto restart. I WILL decide when it is safe to reboot. Automatic updates are one thing, but this is a work computer. I need it to remaining running...
  7. How do i permanently disable auto updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i permanently disable auto updates?: Me computer constantly tries to "update" windows regardless of if the "update" works or not, it does this every time i turn it on and it makes booting up my pc take ages. Most of the time it says update failed undoing changes, but a few times it "successfully updated" and...
  8. How do i disable windows update permanently?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i disable windows update permanently?: submitted by /u/Balharhad [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m2wt2p/how_do_i_disable_windows_update_permanently/
  9. How do you permanently disable automatic windows updates?

How do you permanently disable automatic windows updates?: I do not want windows updates, how do I permanently disable automatic updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-permanently-disable-automatic-windows/b1cf6802-da8e-448b-8a5b-5614fa9a3767
  10. How do I permanently disable automatic updates?

How do I permanently disable automatic updates?: I had 17 tabs open in an Incognito tab all about different things for my jeep. I've been trying to work on it and it's taken me a few days to get all the information I need so I can mess with the headlights, jack, and a couple of other things without the fear of messing...