Windows 10: How do I permanently disable the scheduled shutdown?

Discus and support How do I permanently disable the scheduled shutdown? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I don't know why it's doing it, it didn't use to. Lately at a certain time it's been dimming my screen with a box (like when it lets you know you're... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Howl_Free_or_Die, Apr 7, 2021.

1. How do I permanently disable the scheduled shutdown?

I don't know why it's doing it, it didn't use to. Lately at a certain time it's been dimming my screen with a box (like when it lets you know you're running out of battery? That's what I mean) and letting me know that there is a scheduled shutdown (NOT restart) and that it will shutdown in 5 mins.

I've looked at various power settings, and the scheduled restart is unchecked and grayed out. Yet this still happens.

How do I permanently disable this? Because doing the Win+R shutdown -a, every single day, is not happening.

submitted by /u/Howl_Free_or_Die
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Howl_Free_or_Die, Apr 7, 2021

2. Permanently Disable File History Backup

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to turn off the back up and check if it helps.

• Press windows+X and click on control panel.
    • Then click on “backup and restore option”.
    • Then click on the option “turn on schedule”.
    • Then on the left hand side you will get the option ”Turn off schedule”.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 7, 2021
  3. How to disable automatic maintenance permanently?

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

In Windows 8.1, you could open the task scheduler and browse to the location: Task Scheduler > Microsoft > Windows > Task Scheduler. You could then eventually, disable
    Idle Maintenance & Regular Maintenance. But in Windows 10, these entries are not listed.

In this case, I would suggest you to send your feedback using the Feedback App in Windows 10. To open the feedback app:

• Open Start menu.
    • Type Feedback and hit Enter
    • Follow the prompts
    Hope the information helps.

Harkanwar Singh, Apr 7, 2021
  4. Honey Win User

How do I permanently disable the scheduled shutdown?

How to Schedule Auto shutdown when internet get disconnected?

thanks alot for effort, it would defenetly work but i got problem in one step,
    when i set action to run a program, i select "shutdown" and nothing happens. how to shutdown ?

Honey, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

How do I permanently disable the scheduled shutdown?

1. How do I permanently disable the scheduled shutdown? - Similar Threads - permanently disable scheduled

2. How do I disable Efficiency Mode Permanently?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable Efficiency Mode Permanently?: Each time effeciency mode is active, it kills any tabls that I have open and there is no way to activate the tabs without closing and I lose a lot of information. This is by far the worst feature of anything that Microsoft has come up with. If this feature cannot offer a user...
  3. How do I permanently disable Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I permanently disable Windows Defender: Seriously, how do I do it. It’s driving me insane. It keeps turning itself on randomly, sometimes a few SECONDS after I turn it off, making the computer unusable. I don’t need some silly antivirus running in the background constantly, I know how the internet works. How do I...
  4. How do I permanently disable Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I permanently disable Windows Defender: Seriously, how do I do it. It’s driving me insane. It keeps turning itself on randomly, sometimes a few SECONDS after I turn it off, making the computer unusable. I don’t need some silly antivirus running in the background constantly, I know how the internet works. How do I...
  5. How do I permanently disable Windows Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I permanently disable Windows Update?: Hi,Firstly, Windows Update is completely dodgy. First I didn't have enough space so I eventually got sick of being bombarded with warnings to update, so changed my drive partition to make 30GB. Update went through then cancelled and rolled back with a 0xc1900101 - 0x30018...
  6. How do i permanently disable auto updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i permanently disable auto updates?: Me computer constantly tries to "update" windows regardless of if the "update" works or not, it does this every time i turn it on and it makes booting up my pc take ages. Most of the time it says update failed undoing changes, but a few times it "successfully updated" and...
  7. How do i disable caps permanently

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i disable caps permanently: Sometimes my caps lock starts bugging out a lot and spamming Between being on caps and not and im wondering if theres a way to make it so i litteraly cant get caps in any way even if i press caps lock Ive tried fixing the problem only fix is completely resetting windows and...
  8. How do I PERMANENTLY disable Windows Defender?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I PERMANENTLY disable Windows Defender?: Yes, I am aware installing another AV disables it. I just want to have no antivirus at all, however. I've tried using regedit to create a d-word value DisableAntiSpyware, but it gets deleted after every restart for some odd reason. I do not have windows 10 pro, so I can't...
  9. How do I permanently disable automatic updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I permanently disable automatic updates?: I had 17 tabs open in an Incognito tab all about different things for my jeep. I've been trying to work on it and it's taken me a few days to get all the information I need so I can mess with the headlights, jack, and a couple of other things without the fear of messing...
  10. How Do I Permanently Disable System Sound?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How Do I Permanently Disable System Sound?: I disable all system sounds from my PC. But after boot up the system sounds come back. How do I permanetly disable them? 101876