Windows 10: How do I permanently disable windows update under Windows 10- for real?

Discus and support How do I permanently disable windows update under Windows 10- for real? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Good morning All,I'm so frustrated with Windows 10 regular updates that I've been dealing with for the last few months. The last successful updates was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mtstek, Feb 2, 2023.

1. mtstek Win User

How do I permanently disable windows update under Windows 10- for real?

Good morning All,I'm so frustrated with Windows 10 regular updates that I've been dealing with for the last few months. The last successful updates was summer 2022 than the problem began. The PC got updated but then got hung up during next reboot saw Windows logo first then after it went away, the circle of death kept running around..... So I had to use F8 to repair my PC to get it back to working condition. I did this every few days for few months, then I saw this post and followed it. That won't work for me. Windows just automatically turns update service on and I hate it. I have

:)

mtstek, Feb 2, 2023
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 2, 2023
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    Cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4: July 12, 2016 - Microsoft Support

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Feb 2, 2023
  4. alahmed Win User

Real Temp crashes Windows 10

Hello

I am a new here and I need help please.

I have noticed that disabling Turbo Boost by Real Temp is crashing the system after the last update of windows 10.

before the last update that function was working perfectly without any issue.

after getting windows last updates which was yesterday and after restarting my system , and tried disabling turbo boost by real temp as I used to do , my system crashed.

I thought it was just an error, but every time I try that scenario, my system crashes.

File sharing and storage made simple

my computer is Lenovo Y700 , intel I7 6700HQ

alahmed, Feb 2, 2023
Thema:

1. How do I permanently disable windows update under Windows 10- for real? - Similar Threads - permanently disable update

2. how do i permanently disable updates in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i permanently disable updates in windows 10?: if i am unable to permanently disable this computer from doing ANY automatic updates, i WILL permanently disable this computer from ever being able to be distinguished from a pile of any type of fecal matter!!!!!!!...
  3. how do i permanently disable updates in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i permanently disable updates in windows 10?: if i am unable to permanently disable this computer from doing ANY automatic updates, i WILL permanently disable this computer from ever being able to be distinguished from a pile of any type of fecal matter!!!!!!!...
  4. how do i permanently disable updates in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How do I permanently disable windows update under Windows 10- for real?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I permanently disable windows update under Windows 10- for real?: Good morning All,I'm so frustrated with Windows 10 regular updates that I've been dealing with for the last few months. The last successful updates was summer 2022 than the problem began. The PC got updated but then got hung up during next reboot saw Windows logo first then...
  6. How do I permanently disable windows update under Windows 10- for real?

How do I permanently disable windows update under Windows 10- for real?: Good morning All,I'm so frustrated with Windows 10 regular updates that I've been dealing with for the last few months. The last successful updates was summer 2022 than the problem began. The PC got updated but then got hung up during next reboot saw Windows logo first then...
  7. How do I permanently disable automatic Windows 10 Updates?

How do I permanently disable automatic Windows 10 Updates?: Today I before I left for work, I had several tabs in two different programs open, with unsaved work that I hadn't finished yet. I closed my laptop to put it into sleep mode, came back 6 hours later, and Windows had gracefully updated against my will and deleted a lot of...
  8. How do I permanently disable automatic Windows 10 Updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I permanently disable automatic Windows 10 Updates?: Today I before I left for work, I had several tabs in two different programs open, with unsaved work that I hadn't finished yet. I closed my laptop to put it into sleep mode, came back 6 hours later, and Windows had gracefully updated against my will and deleted a lot of...
  9. How do I permanently disable Windows Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I permanently disable Windows Update?: Hi,Firstly, Windows Update is completely dodgy. First I didn't have enough space so I eventually got sick of being bombarded with warnings to update, so changed my drive partition to make 30GB. Update went through then cancelled and rolled back with a 0xc1900101 - 0x30018...
  10. How do i disable windows update permanently?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i disable windows update permanently?: submitted by /u/Balharhad [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m2wt2p/how_do_i_disable_windows_update_permanently/