Windows 10: How do I permanently get rid of the German Language Pack?

Discus and support How do I permanently get rid of the German Language Pack? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have posted similar question before, but I have never gotten a definitive answer to this question. I NEED HELP! Situation: I am running Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HenryStock, May 14, 2019.

1. How do I permanently get rid of the German Language Pack?

I have posted similar question before, but I have never gotten a definitive answer to this question. I NEED HELP!

Situation: I am running Windows 10 professional / 1809 on a custom built desktop machine. A while back I installed the Microsoft German Language Pack on this system because I wanted to have access to the german language keyboard. What I did not understand was that the German Language Pack does so much more. It practically turns your computer into one built for use in Germany, with German prompts all over the place, in Windows Explore, on the start menu when you right click the mouse, etc., etc, etc. This was NOT WHAT I WANTED. So I tried to uninstall the German Language Pack, but apparently that is not so easy to do. I could not find a successful way to do this within the Windows Settings.

For one thing, since everything is in German it is hard to know if I am choosing the right options. Please see the following images:

How do I permanently get rid of the German Language Pack? 1c4c9cf3-6b0f-4328-8d65-611d4fd94f37?upload=true.jpg

How do I permanently get rid of the German Language Pack? [​IMG] How do I permanently get rid of the German Language Pack? 31557370-ea40-4723-8d4f-fb86e3fcfa9a?upload=true.jpg

These changes did nothing as far as I could tell.

Then I read a post that gave me a command line method to try to remove the German Language Pack. The command was:

lpksetup /u

This did result in apparent removal of the German Language Pack after a restart. However, ... the removal of the package seems to be only temporary. If the is any form of an update and sometimes just another restart, the dammed German Language pack comes back like a bad dream. I cannot figure out how to prevent this and I am wasting time trying to remove it every few days.

I really wish that I could get a Microsoft expert to help me with this. It is annoying. It does not give me a good feeling about the company. The process should be documented better if nothing else. If there is a Microsoft Windows support employee out there that can help then please respond. I will take help from anybody that can explain what I am not doing or doing wrong, just so I can get rid of this pain in the **** language pack issue.

P.S. I have multiple user logons for this computer, three to be exact. This problem only appears to affect one of these user profiles. The problem is that the one effected is my main user ID.

:)

HenryStock, May 14, 2019

2. E71 - German Language Pack?

you have to take the phone to a nokia care point and ask them to install German language pack on it. note that if you reset or update the phone, that language pack will be lost.

phonehacker, May 14, 2019
  3. E7 German language pack

I have a Danish E7 and need a German language pack

olesen---01, May 14, 2019
  4. How do I permanently get rid of the German Language Pack?

can't access my windows french language pack or german language pack; it is installed, but does not show up on one drive, ubs, or hard drive

Hi kingchef,

If the Windows French language pack or German language pack were already installed on your computer, it should appear on the list of your Preferred languages. To check, just navigate to
    Settings > Time and Language > Region & language. Under Languages you'll see your
    Preferred languages. Kindly look into the list and check if both language packs appear.

If both languages appear on the list and you want to use it without changing the current Windows display language, then just add its keyboard. Follow these steps:

1. On the Preferred languages, just click the French or German language pack, then click
      Options.
    2. Click the plus sign to Add a keyboard.
    3. Select your preferred keyboard layout.

For more information about adding and switching between input languages, please checkout the link

Add and switch input and display language preferences in Windows 10

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after the troubleshooting steps above, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 14, 2019
Thema:

How do I permanently get rid of the German Language Pack?

1. How do I permanently get rid of the German Language Pack? - Similar Threads - permanently rid German

2. Cannot uninstall German Language pack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot uninstall German Language pack: I bought a new laptop in Germany. But I am not using the German language. Wanted to remove the German language from the language tab. While it is present in the language shortcut, I cannot uninstall the German Language pack at Settings->Time & Language->Region & Language tab....
  3. Cannot uninstall German Language pack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot uninstall German Language pack: I bought a new laptop in Germany. But I am not using the German language. Wanted to remove the German language from the language tab. While it is present in the language shortcut, I cannot uninstall the German Language pack at Settings->Time & Language->Region & Language tab....
  4. How do I get rid of a language?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of a language?: And how do I add an image here? I cant copy/paste? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-a-language/a8fed72e-0fa4-479d-b55a-64509fc0f12f
  5. How do I get rid of a language?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of a language?: And how do I add an image here? I cant copy/paste? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-a-language/a8fed72e-0fa4-479d-b55a-64509fc0f12f
  6. How do I permanently get rid of Cortana from Windows 10?

in Cortana
    How do I permanently get rid of Cortana from Windows 10?: How do I get rid of Cortana from my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-permanently-get-rid-of-cortana-from/2aee089a-473b-4f6c-8dd4-23bf93d6f1d1
  7. How do I get rid of the custom languages?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get rid of the custom languages?: [ATTACH] How do I get rid of the custom languages? I tried pressing delete on them but it didn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-the-custom-languages/e40741fc-2dab-4f26-8123-7ed7a4b7f105
  8. How do I download a language pack? There's no option to install a language pack.

How do I download a language pack? There's no option to install a language pack.: There's no option to download a language pack. How do I download it if there's no option to download it in the first place? The language I'm trying to download is Spanish, but there's no download "language pack" option [ATTACH] See there's no option to download a language...
  9. German Language

German Language: My facebook is now in German - how do I get English back. Someone advices go to arrow top right of facebook s creen etc - problem is its all in German https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/german-language/74173b7a-7e2c-4893-8ab5-d337cd1fcd71
  10. How to get rid of the russian keyboard in the Ukrainian language pack

How to get rid of the russian keyboard in the Ukrainian language pack: Dear support, For some reasons after installing the Ukrainian language on Windows 10 an extra russian keyboard appears: [ATTACH] Unfortunately it doesn't appear on the language page: [ATTACH] and on the language options page as well: [ATTACH] So I cannot remove it by...