Windows 10: how do i permanently move settings icon to system tray

Discus and support how do i permanently move settings icon to system tray in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I found this online. However, Step 3 does not exist in my Notifications and Actions or I don't see it. I had it in my computer that died. Both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by paulaE., Dec 5, 2020.

1. paulaE. Win User

how do i permanently move settings icon to system tray

I found this online. However, Step 3 does not exist in my Notifications and Actions or I don't see it.

I had it in my computer that died. Both are/were Window 10. Makes no sense.

Also every time my system updates windows and or dell i don't know which it screws up the size of my windows. This shouldn't happen. Thanks

Windows 10 - System Tray
    1. Step 1 − Go to the SETTINGS window and choose System.
    2. Step 2 − In the SYSTEM window, select Notifications & actions. ...
    3. Step 3 − In the SELECT WHICH ICONS APPEAR ON THE TASKBAR window, you can turn on or off the icons in whichever way you prefer.

:)

paulaE., Dec 5, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Disable Windows 10 System tray icon permanently !?

Hi, this may help for default Windows icons - in Settings:

how do i permanently move settings icon to system tray [​IMG]

Are you also referring to system tray icons from other installed programs?

Or do you mean you want to hide the whole system tray/Notification area?
    Add or Remove Notification Area on Taskbar in Windows 10

Also try (or similar)

how do i permanently move settings icon to system tray [​IMG]

dalchina, Dec 5, 2020
  3. KateRL Win User
    Move icon from system tray to taskbar permanently

If I move an icon from the system tray and pin it to the taskbar it reverts to system tray next time I log in. How do I move it to the taskbar permanently? I'm running Windows 10.

Thanks

Kate

KateRL, Dec 5, 2020
  4. how do i permanently move settings icon to system tray

How to recover hidden icon in System tray on Windows 10?

Hi Callum,

As you are facing issues with un-hiding the icon in System tray, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know which is the icon you have deleted from the system tray for better assistance?

I suggest you to try the below steps to add the icons to Taskbar and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, click on Settings.
    • Click on System> Notifications & actions.
    • Click on Select which icons appear on taskbar (to select the icons that appear on Taskbar)
      and also click on Turn system icons on or off

Hope it helps. If the issue still persists, let us know with brief description for further assistance. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

how do i permanently move settings icon to system tray

1. how do i permanently move settings icon to system tray - Similar Threads - permanently move settings

2. How do I disable the hidden icons icon on system tray?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable the hidden icons icon on system tray?: I was looking for this option online and theoretically there should be a section in the settings app on windows 11 available from version 22572 onward that allows people to disable the hidden icons icon on the system tray by easily toggling a switch. However, I have version...
  3. How do I disable the hidden icons icon on system tray?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable the hidden icons icon on system tray?: I was looking for this option online and theoretically there should be a section in the settings app on windows 11 available from version 22572 onward that allows people to disable the hidden icons icon on the system tray by easily toggling a switch. However, I have version...
  4. System Tray Notification Icons Disappear Move

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Tray Notification Icons Disappear Move: After my New Laptop installed the latest update this morning KB5003637, my System Tray Icons will condense when you select a navigation item or the expanded list and then will disappear.Resizing the System Tray Icons will bring them back until you select something...
  5. How do I move the background running application icon to a system tray

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I move the background running application icon to a system tray: How do I move these icons to a system tray or just a simple tray where there is a arrow to see all these icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-the-background-running-application/ba0e0585-435b-4647-a5f5-eb50a6c208b9
  6. How to permanently hide a "hidden" system tray icon?

How to permanently hide a "hidden" system tray icon?: Hi, I'm not sure if this is question is applicable to this forum because I own Windows 7, but seeing how the system tray features are similar between Windows 10 and 7, I thought of asking in hopes that someone can help. I have a few applications that are left working in the...
  7. Disable Windows 10 System tray icon permanently !?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Windows 10 System tray icon permanently !?: Hello everyone, I'm new here and I'll try to respect anything. I need your help guys, I've been looking for hours and couldn't find the way I did it months ago. I'm pretty sure I used one of your tutorials to help me. I did it for some softwares. (Windows 10) I don't want...
  8. Move system tray

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Move system tray: Hi! So I have a cool new wallpaper and I want a minimal look in my home screen. I am using rocketdock for a MacOS dock effect for my apps but I have no use of the taskbar. I found a way to hide it completely, but I still want system tray to appear on the top right part of my...
  9. Windows 10 System Tray Icons Moving

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 System Tray Icons Moving: I have just installed a fresh version of Windows 10 Pro 1809, Build 17763.253 and my PC works perfectly. However, my system tray is behaving in a strange manner. To the left and/or the right of the clock a white vertical bar continuously flashes on and off causing the icons...
  10. Permanently hiding system tray icon

Permanently hiding system tray icon: Hey all, I was looking for a way to hide a certain program's system tray icon. If I use the built in hiding option it still shows when I click the arrow, which is not what I want. I want to completely hide it (stealth). I've been looking for programs to do this but they're...