Windows 10: How do I permanently remove Windows 10 Pro from my Microsoft User Account?

Discus and support How do I permanently remove Windows 10 Pro from my Microsoft User Account? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My HP Laptop came with Windows 10 Home and I recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. As soon as I upgraded, my Audio stopped working properly. It cuts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Kenner L, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Kenner L Win User

How do I permanently remove Windows 10 Pro from my Microsoft User Account?

My HP Laptop came with Windows 10 Home and I recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro.

As soon as I upgraded, my Audio stopped working properly. It cuts out after 2 seconds.

So, I reset the computer to reinstall Windows 10 Home,

*but my Microsoft User Account installed Windows 10 Pro again since it is listed as the default operating system to reinstall.

How do I permanently remove Windows 10 Pro from my Microsoft User Account to keep it from installing ever again on my HP laptop that came with Windows 10 Home?

:)

Kenner L, Sep 3, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Look at this thread,How to Delete a User Account in Windows 10, it may help. You can try the various methods.
    Make sure you are using an administrative account when removing the account or log on using the Administrator's account.

Or, if you are patient and know what you are doing, manually remove it.

Either way, Goodluck.

95Viper, Sep 3, 2020
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown How do I permanently remove Windows 10 Pro from my Microsoft User Account? :(

Zakin, Sep 3, 2020
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I permanently remove Windows 10 Pro from my Microsoft User Account? - Similar Threads - permanently remove Pro

2. how to remove microsoft from my user account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove microsoft from my user account: I have my user accounts set up and they show my email address which I just learned is making microsoft my account manager. I don't know how to correct this. They are part of my local user account and admin account. I want to clear out this info and have a local user account...
  3. how to remove microsoft from my user account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to remove microsoft from my user account: I have my user accounts set up and they show my email address which I just learned is making microsoft my account manager. I don't know how to correct this. They are part of my local user account and admin account. I want to clear out this info and have a local user account...
  4. how to remove microsoft from my user account

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Permanently remove licence from microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Permanently remove licence from microsoft account: I would like to know how to remove a microsoft licence from the microsoft account to not be associated.I tried to remove my MS account with a local user and remove the device from the account but when when I register again in the computer with my MS account it says that I...
  6. How do i remove a microsoft account from my windows user

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i remove a microsoft account from my windows user: so guys i just wanna change my windows user microsoft account to something else but with same files no change pls help anyone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-a-microsoft-account-from-my/26187221-f3fc-4d95-b3f0-217d7adffa60
  7. How do I remove a Family user from my microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I remove a Family user from my microsoft account?: I added my account as a family member on my laptop, but I don't want it anymore. How do I remove my account from the family & other users thing? submitted by /u/Bitsofbean_1250 [link] [comments]...
  8. How do I remove Windows 10 Pro from my Microsoft Account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I remove Windows 10 Pro from my Microsoft Account?: My HP Laptop came with Windows 10 Home and I recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. As soon as I upgraded, my Audio stopped working properly. It cuts out after 2 seconds. So, I reset the computer to reinstall Windows 10 Home, but my Microsoft Account installed Windows 10 Pro...
  9. How to permanently remove laptop device from my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to permanently remove laptop device from my Microsoft account: At this location https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026440/microsoft-account-manage-your-devices I found these instructions: If you don't use a device but it still appears in your devices list, here's how to remove it: Go to account.microsoft.com/devices, sign in,...
  10. How to remove a user permanently

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove a user permanently: I purchased my laptop about 5 years ago. I am the Administrator and only user. About 2 years ago a new user popped up, this is a person I knew but has no reason to be a User of this laptop. I keep removing them as a user but every now and then they pop up again. My main...