Windows 10: How do I PERMANENTLY stop Microsoft Edge from hijacking my default PDF program

Discus and support How do I PERMANENTLY stop Microsoft Edge from hijacking my default PDF program in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; If you are going to reply with the standard Microsoft BS of go to file associations and remove MS Edge and put your preferred app than you can STOP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by us331242, May 23, 2022.

1. us331242 Win User

How do I PERMANENTLY stop Microsoft Edge from hijacking my default PDF program

If you are going to reply with the standard Microsoft BS of go to file associations and remove MS Edge and put your preferred app than you can STOP because that is NOT the permanent solution!!! ever since Windows 10 came out MS Edge Hijacks the Open of PDF files. You can go in on a weekly or sometimes daily bases and re-associate it back to the Full Acrobat Pro but Edge just comes back and takes it over again and again and again for the last 8 YEARS!!!! THIS IS SUCH A PITA!!! Microsoft Leave my settings alone!!! is there a way I can DENY edge access to OPEN ANYTHING? I NEVER WANT it to O

:)

us331242, May 23, 2022

2. How do I stop Microsoft Edge from hijacking my default PDF program

Good day!

How do I stop Microsoft Edge from hijacking my default PDF program (Adobe Reader/Acrobat)? Microsoft Edge keeps resetting itself as the default application for viewing PDF files. Even after setting Adobe reader as the default program, opening a PDF file
    directly from a zipped folder will revert the default PDF handler back to Edge.

Moved from: Microsoft Edge / PDF, EPUB, and reading / Windows 10

Normal User 18, May 23, 2022
  3. GTnNC Win User
    How do I stop Microsoft Edge from hijacking my default PDF program

Hello, I am on this thread because indeed Edge "hijacks" the default pdf association — i.e., when I set the association to open a pdf with a specific program at some point in time thereafter Edge will become the default without my intervention. Then,
    I will go back and make my chosen program the default and eventually Edge will hijack the association again to become the default. This is very annoying and needs to be fixed.

GTnNC, May 23, 2022
  4. FlashDRW Win User

How do I stop Microsoft Edge from hijacking my default PDF program

I have the same problem, this simple solution has been pushed for years and it does not work, Edge still hijacks the default. I save multiple word files to PDF and need to manage them in Acrobat. Very frustrating. I just paid $169 to update my W10 to Pro
    on a brand new Lenovo, just to get GPEDIT the 'proper' way, and am still unable to prevent this from occurring.

There must be a solution. I do not use Edge and will refuse to use it as long as it continues to do this.

FlashDRW, May 23, 2022
Thema:

1. How do I PERMANENTLY stop Microsoft Edge from hijacking my default PDF program - Similar Threads - PERMANENTLY stop Microsoft

2. how do i stop microsoft from hijacking my programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i stop microsoft from hijacking my programs: how do i stop microsoft from taking control "hijacking" my computer and adding microsoft apps as defaults? where do i go to retrieve the programs that were removed as my default applications. furthermore how do i stop Edge from constantly taking over my browser? I have...
  3. how do i stop microsoft from hijacking my programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i stop microsoft from hijacking my programs: how do i stop microsoft from taking control "hijacking" my computer and adding microsoft apps as defaults? where do i go to retrieve the programs that were removed as my default applications. furthermore how do i stop Edge from constantly taking over my browser? I have...
  4. PDF file association is hijacked by Edge

PDF file association is hijacked by Edge: Hello! Edge is set as the default app for pdf files even though I never wanted this... the thing is that Edge should be fully uninstalled since I've used 3rd party scripts to remove bloat from my windows system, but now I can't change file associations for pdfs no matter what...
  5. How do I PERMANENTLY stop Microsoft Edge from hijacking my default PDF program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I PERMANENTLY stop Microsoft Edge from hijacking my default PDF program: If you are going to reply with the standard Microsoft BS of go to file associations and remove MS Edge and put your preferred app than you can STOP because that is NOT the permanent solution!!! ever since Windows 10 came out MS Edge Hijacks the Open of PDF files. You can go...
  6. How do I PERMANENTLY stop Microsoft Edge from hijacking my default PDF program

How do I PERMANENTLY stop Microsoft Edge from hijacking my default PDF program: If you are going to reply with the standard Microsoft BS of go to file associations and remove MS Edge and put your preferred app than you can STOP because that is NOT the permanent solution!!! ever since Windows 10 came out MS Edge Hijacks the Open of PDF files. You can go...
  7. How to Stop Edge From Hijacking my PDF or HTML Associations

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Stop Edge From Hijacking my PDF or HTML Associations: How to Stop Edge From Hijacking my PDF or HTML Associations ...every time i run windows 10 the default app of pdf and html be Edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-edge-from-hijacking-my-pdf-or-html/fe4af742-09a2-4e05-9eba-c9caed4c8a6d
  8. Stop Microsoft Edge from hijacking my default PDF

Stop Microsoft Edge from hijacking my default PDF: My windows and Edge are up-to-date. When I launch a PDF file on a website, Edge will take over and requires I save the file, and then presents an icon on the screen which I click to open it in a tab. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is my Windows default, and is ignored by the...
  9. Edge keeps hijacking PDF

Edge keeps hijacking PDF: Good day Support i have problem with Edge keeps on hijacking my PDF, i have tried changing the registry and set Edge to NoOpen, that did not help, i updated my windows to latest version, still having the same issue, may you please provide me with a working solution?...
  10. How do I change default PDF program from Microsoft Edge to Adobe?

How do I change default PDF program from Microsoft Edge to Adobe?: After the update of Windows 10 yesterday and noticed that all my PDF files open with Microsoft Edge not Adobe Reader? I would like to know how to change the PDF set up in default with Adobe not Microsoft Edge? All I see all the PDF files with the icon, Microsoft Edge on it....