Windows 10: How do I permanently stop Windows 10 from downloading and installing updates?

Discus and support How do I permanently stop Windows 10 from downloading and installing updates? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; For about a year and a half, Windows 10 has been forcing me to install a broken update. If I don't shut down my computer, a shirt time later, Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ware Network 32 64, Dec 29, 2018.

1. How do I permanently stop Windows 10 from downloading and installing updates?

For about a year and a half, Windows 10 has been forcing me to install a broken update. If I don't shut down my computer, a shirt time later, Windows 10 forcefully shuts down my computer and installs the update. Then in the middle of the update, it displays "We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes. Do not turn off your computer" and it displays that for hours. After an extremely long period of time, the computer finally restarts and logs me in, but when I click on the start menu, it gives me a "critical error" and logs me off. So, I have to fix the start menu which takes some more time, and after all of that trouble, Windows 10 downloads and installs the same broken update. Microsoft thinks that forcing their customers to install updates makes their computers better, but it doesn't. It breaks the computers, instead. I just want this to stop. Please. Somebody tell me how to stop Windows 10 from downloading and installing updates. I don't have Group Policy Editor and I don't want to reformat my computer. If you have a solution to this, please tell me it.

:)

Ware Network 32 64, Dec 29, 2018
  2. m4gicfour Win User

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Dec 29, 2018
  3. Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Dec 29, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

How do I permanently stop Windows 10 from downloading and installing updates?

[Windows 10] hide/prohibit install of specific Windows Update

try both. disable the group policy, uninstall the windows update/driver - and then use the tool to stop it downloading again.

Mussels, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

How do I permanently stop Windows 10 from downloading and installing updates?

1. How do I permanently stop Windows 10 from downloading and installing updates? - Similar Threads - permanently stop downloading

2. How do I permanently STOP Windows from DOWNLOADING ANY updates during the day , or at all ??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I permanently STOP Windows from DOWNLOADING ANY updates during the day , or at all ??: This is going to be LONG so please read ALL of it ..... as it is all pertinent info to this situation ........ and if you are not willing to take the time to read ALL of it , then do not respond as your solution will most likely be of no use to me ... because you did not...
  3. How do I permanently STOP Windows from DOWNLOADING ANY updates during the day , or at all ??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I permanently STOP Windows from DOWNLOADING ANY updates during the day , or at all ??: This is going to be LONG so please read ALL of it ..... as it is all pertinent info to this situation ........ and if you are not willing to take the time to read ALL of it , then do not respond as your solution will most likely be of no use to me ... because you did not...
  4. How do I permanently STOP Windows from DOWNLOADING ANY updates during the day , or at all ??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Permanently Stop Windows 10 from updating

Permanently Stop Windows 10 from updating: I want to completely disable windows 10 from updating. Windows update constantly wastes my time and stops running programs to update only to show an error message saying it can not complete the changes and has to revert to the old settings. It will not allow me to set the 7...
  6. How do I stop automatic updates on Windows 10 permanently?

How do I stop automatic updates on Windows 10 permanently?: How do I stop automatic updates permanently? I have Windows 10, Version 1909 installed on my PC. Dell, Inspiron 3847. For the last few months, I have tried to update to Windows Version 20H2 but the updates fail when it reaches 71% . I have tried using the Media Creation tool...
  7. How to permanently stop Windows 10 Professional from updating

How to permanently stop Windows 10 Professional from updating: Hello [ first a long context explanation ] This does it. This update broke just too many things and I don't even have the option for a rollback. The only difference between malware and Microsoft products is that you rarely pay for a Malware infection in advance. Now I'm...
  8. How do I permanently stop windows updates from downloading and automatically installing?

How do I permanently stop windows updates from downloading and automatically installing?: Is there some way to stop the automatic download and install of windows updates? I'm using my laptop mainly for gaming, but every second day there's a fking windows update consuming 99% of my internet connection for hours trying to download some update - great, i'm in a...
  9. How do I stop update from downloading

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I stop update from downloading: It keeps downloading and installing and I don't want it cause it causes my start menu from displaying. I need it to stop installing. [img] 113111
  10. How to stop the download permanently

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to stop the download permanently: Every time I go to windows update Windows 10 stars downloading, how can I stop this. I don't want Windows 10. I've hidden KB3035583, under optional updates I've unchecked the box update to windows pro and hidden it but it still downloads when I go to windows update. How can I...