Windows 10: How do I PERMANENTLY uninstall XBox?

Discus and support How do I PERMANENTLY uninstall XBox? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm not a gamer and have zero interest in XBox. However, it keeps showing up in my Taskbar. I've tried uninstalling it both by right clicking on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BruceBarr1, May 23, 2022.

1. How do I PERMANENTLY uninstall XBox?

I'm not a gamer and have zero interest in XBox. However, it keeps showing up in my Taskbar. I've tried uninstalling it both by right clicking on the icon in the Taskbar, and through Settings>Apps. However, every time I reboot.... there it is again. It's eating up resources I'm a video editor so I need all the resources I have available and to me XBox is just bloatware. It's making me seriously consider switching to Linux at this point. How do I get rid of XBox?Thanks

:)

BruceBarr1, May 23, 2022

2. Want to UNINSTALL XBox

Hi Kristi,

Xbox App is one of the built-in applications on Windows 10. To uninstall it from your computer, you have to perform the following steps using the Windows PowerShell:

• Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.  
    • Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.  
    •  Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
    • Hit Enter.  

If you are unable to uninstall the app, reset Windows Store to clear the store cache and try to uninstall the Xbox app again.

Here's how to reset Windows Store:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.   
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).   
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.   

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, May 23, 2022
  3. Want to UNINSTALL XBox

I done the uninstall procedure per your instruction, but it did not work. The uninstall button for both X-Box apps,are greyed out.They show advanced,but when you click it,it shows a reset button this does not uninstall.Please Help?

Robert Bilderback, May 23, 2022
  4. How do I PERMANENTLY uninstall XBox?

How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused How do I PERMANENTLY uninstall XBox? :confused:

oli_ramsay, May 23, 2022
Thema:

How do I PERMANENTLY uninstall XBox?

1. How do I PERMANENTLY uninstall XBox? - Similar Threads - PERMANENTLY uninstall XBox

2. How do I permanently uninstall Wi-Fi direct virtual adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I permanently uninstall Wi-Fi direct virtual adapter: Hello I've followed this guide to uninstall and permanently remove Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter, but it keeps coming back. also disabled it and it still says "connected" I've tried everything. I've also noticed this tooThis normal?...
  3. How to permanently uninstall xbox from Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to permanently uninstall xbox from Windows 11: PROBLEM:The Windows Update of March 14, 2023—KB5023706 OS Build 22621.1413 appears to automatically install xbox into WIN 11. Ever since, file explorer crashes, even after a fresh reboot. I have restarted windows explorer: task manager > processes > rt click Windows Explorer...
  4. How to permanently uninstall xbox from Windows 11

How to permanently uninstall xbox from Windows 11: PROBLEM:The Windows Update of March 14, 2023—KB5023706 OS Build 22621.1413 appears to automatically install xbox into WIN 11. Ever since, file explorer crashes, even after a fresh reboot. I have restarted windows explorer: task manager > processes > rt click Windows Explorer...
  5. How do I PERMANENTLY uninstall XBox?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I PERMANENTLY uninstall XBox?: I'm not a gamer and have zero interest in XBox. However, it keeps showing up in my Taskbar. I've tried uninstalling it both by right clicking on the icon in the Taskbar, and through Settings>Apps. However, every time I reboot.... there it is again. It's eating up resources...
  6. How do I permanently uninstall windows powershell?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I permanently uninstall windows powershell?: I need to know how to UNINSTALL PowerShell or PERMANENTLY DISABLE it. Its mad annoying; keeps popping up and interrupting my videos and gameplay....
  7. How do I permanently uninstall windows powershell?

How do I permanently uninstall windows powershell?: I need to know how to UNINSTALL PowerShell or PERMANENTLY DISABLE it. Its mad annoying; keeps popping up and interrupting my videos and gameplay....
  8. How do I permanently uninstall windows powershell?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. How do I permanently uninstall a device from the device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I permanently uninstall a device from the device manager: How do I remove Microsoft PS/2 KEyboard and mouse permanently, because they keep reappearing after I uninstall them, they are causing my computer to crash....
  10. how to uninstall xbox

how to uninstall xbox: How do I uninstall XBOX on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_xbox/how-to-uninstall-xbox/d7043fd5-e170-4447-86f4-bc067cc2ff4b