Windows 10: How do I permanetly move a file from the SSD to HDD?

Discus and support How do I permanetly move a file from the SSD to HDD? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just bought a new computer with both SSD and HDD. For some reason all screen captures are being saved directly to the C drive (SSD). I have moved the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Heavens16, May 19, 2019.

1. Heavens16 Win User

How do I permanetly move a file from the SSD to HDD?

I just bought a new computer with both SSD and HDD. For some reason all screen captures are being saved directly to the C drive (SSD). I have moved the captures file from the C drive to the D drive (HDD), however anytime I take a new screen shot the image capture is still saved in the C drive. How do I set it so that all new screen captures are saved to the D drive instead of the C drive? I am sure there are other files being automatically saved to the C drive as well that I will need to use this feature for. I would like to keep the SSD as free as possible with only the operating system saved on it.

:)

Heavens16, May 19, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

SSD VS HDD

Storage wise an SSD is absolutely no different to a HDD - 500GB SSD = 500GB HDD.

The difference between an SSD and an HDD is mainly Read/Write speed - How fast Windows, Applications and Files load

An SSD is much faster than an HDD

Also SSD's do not need defragmenting as they employ a totally different method of storing files and deleting files.

I Hope this Answers your Question!

DaveM121, May 19, 2019
  3. How to transfer files from SSD to HDD?

I am currently using Acer Swift 3 Windows 10. This laptop has two storages which are SSD and HDD. Every time I download or transfer any files from my pen drives, the files will be saved in SSD. I do not know how to save in HDD. I want to save in HDD because
    it has larger spaces compared to SSD. How to transfer my current files in SSD to HDD and how to make HDD as my default storage? Please help me solve this. Thank you.

yellowhoody, May 19, 2019
  4. marxuuh Win User

Moving files from SSD to HDD?

So I bought a computer which had 1tb HDD and 128 SSD. Windows is installed to the SSD and now there is only 10gb of available space, because all the apps were installed to the SSD. So my question is - is it possible to move installed applications (Program
    Files/x64 folder) to the HDD drive without losing any data?

marxuuh, May 19, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I permanetly move a file from the SSD to HDD? - Similar Threads - permanetly move file

2. How do I move OneDrive from a HDD that is inaccessible to an SSD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I move OneDrive from a HDD that is inaccessible to an SSD?: My Windows 10 is installed on my SSD (C:) drive, while my OneDrive was linked to my HDD (D:). Something happened that corrupted my D:, so I am unable to use it anymore. Now, whenever I start my computer and try to do things to my desktop, I get the prompt "D:\OneDrive\Desktop...
  3. Moving WIndows from HDD to SSD with files on it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving WIndows from HDD to SSD with files on it: I want to move my windows from an hdd to an ssd. The ssd already has stuff on it, but there is enough space for windows on it. However, everywhere ive looked it uses examples of the ssd being wiped. Do I have to delete all the stuff on it for it to work? And if I do, can I...
  4. Moving files from SSD to HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving files from SSD to HDD: I want to transfer all the files execpt the ones required to boot up Windows from my SSD to the HDD to keep my SSD free as it is a low capacity one. I have tried many methods posted online but couldn't do anything about it and I need the steps to be explained in such a way...
  5. How to move OS from HDD to SSD?

How to move OS from HDD to SSD?: Im going to be getting another ssd soon to put windows on and a few games. Is there a way to move windows from my hard drive to this ssd? submitted by /u/RBM2123456 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ic3iap/how_to_move_os_from_hdd_to_ssd/
  6. How do I move windows 10 to an ssd from an hdd?

How do I move windows 10 to an ssd from an hdd?: I just got a new ssd. Currently my boot drive is my old hdd. I want my new boot drive to be my ssd, but i still want to use my hdd for storing things. Do i just have to change my boot drive in bios? Or what do i have to do? submitted by /u/jesseo5804 [link] [comments]...
  7. How to move window from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to move window from HDD to SSD: How to move window from HDD to SSD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-move-window-from-hdd-to-ssd/e943886a-a104-4826-95b3-1ccda93b1107
  8. Moving from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving from HDD to SSD: Hello, I recently decided to buy a new 1TB SSD to “replace” my current and only HDD. I’ve been using my HDD for some time now and I wanted to make the SSD my windows 10 boot drive but I’m not sure how to do this. I wanted to make it a clean install so I can add my programs...
  9. How to move program file on ssd to hdd

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to move program file on ssd to hdd: Can anyone please explain in detail if it is possible to make my program files running in OS on SSD to HDD. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-move-program-file-on-ssd-to-hdd/1737445e-72ba-4252-9261-1bf3109791b4
  10. Move user files from SSD to HDD...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Move user files from SSD to HDD...: I am just one user on my laptop, I want my docs videos pics etc moved from my SSD to the HDD... I read the tutorial for setting it up so all future users accts will be there. It is way too complicated for a novice such as myself. Is there not an easy way to make this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to permanently move files to ssd