Windows 10: How do I pick a Feature Update to upgrade to, and ignore the rest?

Discus and support How do I pick a Feature Update to upgrade to, and ignore the rest? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm on 1909 right now. Assuming Microsoft doesn't change their support policies (again...), I have no intention of installing any feature updates until... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Raident, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Raident Win User

How do I pick a Feature Update to upgrade to, and ignore the rest?

I'm on 1909 right now. Assuming Microsoft doesn't change their support policies (again...), I have no intention of installing any feature updates until 2109, and even then not until Spring 2022 when 1909 support expires.

How do I get Windows 10 to ignore 2004, 2009, 2104 and 2204?

:)

Raident, Apr 17, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Apr 17, 2020
  3. z1tu Win User
    Help me pick!

Well, unless you don't like it, I would suggest Sniper Elite 3, because it's the most expensive game on that list. The rest you can get really cheap if you look hard enough *Smile How do I pick a Feature Update to upgrade to, and ignore the rest? :)

4. malware Win User

Intel Updates Core 2 Quad Q9550 to E-0 Stepping

We continue our Monday news list with another Intel story that brings to our attention information concerning the company and more specificly its 2.83GHz Core 2 Quad Q9550 chips that will move from the current C-1 to the newer E-0 stepping. The updated chips will start selling on August 22nd, featuring the following changes:
    • New SSpec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • CPUID will change from 0x10677 to 0x1067A
    • Package change to Halide free package
    Apart from that, the new stepping CPUs will not include any other changes. Of course, like most new stepping parts a BIOS update will be needed.

Product Change Notification 108663 - 00

Source: TechConnect Magazine

malware, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I pick a Feature Update to upgrade to, and ignore the rest? - Similar Threads - pick Feature Update

2. How do I uninstall feature update 21h2?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I uninstall feature update 21h2?: Recently my windows 10 forcefully installed update 21h2 even though my windows was incompatible. Every time I turn on my computer the same feature update is being installed and finishes installing, when I log in the feature update is installing at 0%. I am unable to delete...
  3. How do I uninstall feature update 21h2?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I uninstall feature update 21h2?: Recently my windows 10 forcefully installed update 21h2 even though my windows was incompatible. Every time I turn on my computer the same feature update is being installed and finishes installing, when I log in the feature update is installing at 0%. I am unable to delete...
  4. How do I uninstall feature update 21h2?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Should I ignore this update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Should I ignore this update: A checkout of Updates in Settings lists 20 plus failed attempts. Should I just ignore it? Or? The code is 0x80070002. I have read the associated info, it does not mean much to me. But there is this "Note This update is currently not needed on devices that are administered...
  6. Windows 10 Updates Are Ignoring the Pause Updates Feature

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Updates Are Ignoring the Pause Updates Feature: Three times now when I have my computer set to Pause Updates, Windows 10 keeps bypassing it then sneaking in bad updates. What is the point of pausing updates if Windows 10 is going to keep ignoring my request. I am trying to finish a project uploading large files then the...
  7. Ignore updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Ignore updates?: Looking back I've spent many dozens of hours dealing with update problems over the years & now with the latest one failing I'm wondering: On a Windows 10 Home box, can I just ignore these blasted updates all together & get on with my life? 134735
  8. How do I get into a locked netbook with resting it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I get into a locked netbook with resting it: How do I get into a locked netbook windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-into-a-locked-netbook-with-resting-it/33bad1d5-0b5a-4a21-8205-6b308a526762"
  9. Windows 10. How do I rest to original installation?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10. How do I rest to original installation?: Windows 10. How do I rest to original installation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-how-do-i-rest-to-original-installation/83b01014-5ec2-4c97-a73b-62a5aa51112f
  10. Autostart Features Ignored since last Features Update (1709)

in Windows 10 Support
    Autostart Features Ignored since last Features Update (1709): Since I upgraded to Version 1709, I can disable Autostart Features via Task Manager but they are Ignored and the Program is started even though it is disabled. In Version 1703 I did not have that Bug. Program in Question: Send To OneNote Tool (OneNote 2013 installed) In...