Windows 10: How Do I Pin A Gmail Shortcut To The Taskbar

Discus and support How Do I Pin A Gmail Shortcut To The Taskbar in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I created a desktop shortcut to my Gmail account, that opens with the Chrome browser, directly to my Gmail account. However, when I drag the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Geosammy, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Geosammy Win User

How Do I Pin A Gmail Shortcut To The Taskbar

Hi,

I created a desktop shortcut to my Gmail account, that opens with the Chrome browser, directly to my Gmail account.
    However, when I drag the shortcut to the tackbar. The option to Pin it to the taskbar is not present. The only option available, is Pin To Google Chrome.

This option only works, while Chrome is open.
    Once the browser is closed. The shortcut doesn't remain.

How can I pin my Gmail desktop shortcut to the taskbar, so that it remain there? When it's clicked on, it opens to my Gmail account as it does when on my desktop?

I hope this inquire is understandable.

:)

Geosammy, Sep 16, 2018

2. pin gmail shortcut

Have tried every suggestion I found online but cannot pin gmail shortcut to start nor taskbar.

Using Windows 10m IE11 and Microsoft Edge browsers

klaro 1590, Sep 16, 2018
  3. Pinning "Settings" to the Taskbar

I've tried both suggestions. But thanks to your(?) earlier post, I do have an icon pinned to the taskbar for settings.

Both were my posts How Do I Pin A Gmail Shortcut To The Taskbar :) In fact, at first I forgot to post the usual steps to pin Settings to taskbar, and rather complicated (which I thought) by suggesting you create a shortcut. Hence the 2nd post. Anyway, glad the shortcut method helped.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Sep 16, 2018
  4. How Do I Pin A Gmail Shortcut To The Taskbar

How do I add a shortcut to the Taskbar on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are unable to add a shortcut to the taskbar in Windows 10. You are right that there is no option to pin the shortcut to the taskbar. However, you should be able to drag and drop the shortcut to the taskbar. If you are unable
    to do that try the steps provided below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

• Open the network connection page by clicking on the shortcut.
    • Once that page is open, you could see the same in the taskbar.
    • Now, right click on the icon of network connection in the taskbar which is representing your shortcut.
    • Select the option pin to the taskbar.
    • Now the shortcut will be pinned to the taskbar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Sep 16, 2018
Thema:

How Do I Pin A Gmail Shortcut To The Taskbar

1. How Do I Pin A Gmail Shortcut To The Taskbar - Similar Threads - Pin Gmail Shortcut

2. How Do I pin Google Drive Shortcuts to Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I pin Google Drive Shortcuts to Taskbar?: I downloaded and installed the Google Drive app, and shortcuts for it, plus ones for Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides appeared on my desktop. How do I move those to the task bar?I am NOT using Google Chrome....
  3. How Do I pin Google Drive Shortcuts to Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Do I pin Google Drive Shortcuts to Taskbar?: I downloaded and installed the Google Drive app, and shortcuts for it, plus ones for Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides appeared on my desktop. How do I move those to the task bar?I am NOT using Google Chrome....
  4. How to pin shortcuts to taskbar in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to pin shortcuts to taskbar in Windows 11?: In Windows 10, I was able to drag a file such as Excel and drop it on the pinned Excel app on the taskbar, and it would stay as a shortcut to that file by right-clicking on top of the pinned app, would bring all the pinned shortcuts for that app. However, I’m not able to do...
  5. How to pin shortcuts to taskbar in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to pin shortcuts to taskbar in Windows 11?: In Windows 10, I was able to drag a file such as Excel and drop it on the pinned Excel app on the taskbar, and it would stay as a shortcut to that file by right-clicking on top of the pinned app, would bring all the pinned shortcuts for that app. However, I’m not able to do...
  6. How can I Add / Pinning Gmail to the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I Add / Pinning Gmail to the Taskbar: How can I Add or is it named Pinning Gmail to the Taskbar? I've already Added a Banking Site to it, & Sorry 4 repeating the Question How can I Add or Pin Gmail to the Taskbar [ATTACH]...
  7. Pinned shortcuts to taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pinned shortcuts to taskbar: Hi, Shortcuts pinned to Edge and Excel on tasksbar in Windows 10 cannot be moved up and down with the mouse like I used to in Windows 7. Is this no longer possible in Windows 10 or do I have an error or setting that can be fixed? If so any suggestions are welcome....
  8. how do i pin gmail to my taskbar in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i pin gmail to my taskbar in windows 10: how do i pin Gmail to my taskbar in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/how-do-i-pin-gmail-to-my-taskbar-in-windows-10/037a2ca4-d76f-4a08-a8ab-02260acc9d5d
  9. Pinning Gmail to Taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Pinning Gmail to Taskbar: I'd like to be able to pin Gmail icon to the task bar, but it attaches to my Mozilla Icon. On windows xp and window 7, the icon link always showed in the TB. Have tried 4 or 5 times, but still no luck. Anyone know how to do this? Thanks 22972
  10. Pin shortcut to Sound to taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Pin shortcut to Sound to taskbar: I have a shortcut to ControlPanel/Sound: %windir%\system32\mmsys.cpl which I'd like to pin to the taskbar. The open window has no pin option. I tried dragging mmsys.cpl to the tasbar, which created a pinned icon but the icon brings up the Default programs window, not sound....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pin gmail to taskbar

2. how to pin gmail to taskbar

3. pin gmail to task bar

4. gmail pin to taskbar,
  5. gmail shortcut on taskbar,
  6. how do i pin gmail to taskbar,
  7. how to pin gmail to task bar,
  8. add gmail to taskbar,
  9. pin gmail to taskbar windows 10,
  10. pin gmail,
  11. add gmail shortcut to taskbar,