Windows 10: how do I pin/copy the computer icon to my Win10 desktop?

Discus and support how do I pin/copy the computer icon to my Win10 desktop? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Please see question in my subject... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ReginaMartin1, Sep 15, 2018.

1. how do I pin/copy the computer icon to my Win10 desktop?

Please see question in my subject

:)

ReginaMartin1, Sep 15, 2018
  2. MCK
    mck Win User

Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Sep 15, 2018
  4. how do I pin/copy the computer icon to my Win10 desktop?

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

how do I pin/copy the computer icon to my Win10 desktop?

1. how do I pin/copy the computer icon to my Win10 desktop? - Similar Threads - pin copy computer

2. how do I add an app icon to my computer desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I add an app icon to my computer desktop?: How do I add an app icon to my computer desktop? Side question: Why do they "improve" computers so we have to learn how to do things we used to do just fine?...
  3. how do I add an app icon to my computer desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I add an app icon to my computer desktop?: How do I add an app icon to my computer desktop? Side question: Why do they "improve" computers so we have to learn how to do things we used to do just fine?...
  4. How do I pin Apps to my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I pin Apps to my desktop: Original Question was "How do i pin Apps to my desktop" Example: Calendar. The answer I found was: For Application: Start Menu>Right click on App>Open file location>Right click on the App>Sent to Desktop create shortcut. When I right click on the app I don't get the option to...
  5. How do I pin Apps to my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I pin Apps to my desktop: Original Question was "How do i pin Apps to my desktop" Example: Calendar. The answer I found was: For Application: Start Menu>Right click on App>Open file location>Right click on the App>Sent to Desktop create shortcut. When I right click on the app I don't get the option to...
  6. How do I pin Apps to my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. how do I resize the icons on my desktop?

how do I resize the icons on my desktop?: how do I resize the icons on my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-resize-the-icons-on-my-desktop/eaaf63f0-6c53-4ac8-bc86-5216a82266ec
  8. How do i reset my computer so my desktop icons appear

How do i reset my computer so my desktop icons appear: how do i reset my computer to get my desktop icons back? Lost them yesterday https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reset-my-computer-so-my-desktop-icons/e5e9583e-e1a8-40ba-825c-4eefe6e1ae70
  9. How do I pin facebook to my desktop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I pin facebook to my desktop?: Pin facebook to my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-pin-facebook-to-my-desktop/6cf32abe-1057-4d93-b075-73f00d92b5c9
  10. How to lock icons in desktop in WIN10

How to lock icons in desktop in WIN10: I want to lock the icons in my desktop so that other users can't add or remove icons. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-lock-icons-in-desktop-in-win10/aa1c15f1-0191-4ff0-a168-f4b58b2ce482