Windows 10: how do I place a URL showing my home location on my desktop.

Discus and support how do I place a URL showing my home location on my desktop. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I do not seem to be able to how do I place a URL showing my home location on my desktop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by frankgathome, Mar 6, 2021.

1. how do I place a URL showing my home location on my desktop.

I do not seem to be able to how do I place a URL showing my home location on my desktop.

:)

frankgathome, Mar 6, 2021

2. Private and User Desktop Switched Places

"The desktop" can be stored in any folder, and there's a setting for where you want it to be. It can also be "easily" changed by drag-dropping, which often causes issues like you see.

To fix it, is probably just a few things:

• Go to your C:\Users\Jgo folder. Right-click the desktop folder and choose Properties. On the location tab, make sure it's correct there. If not correct, change it to the right place and restart. At the end you still may need to drag your icons from the
      public folder back to your real desktop.
    • If still no success, or if the location tab doesn't show up, you can use the steps here to fix it: Desktop folder moved

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Mar 6, 2021
  3. Cyndera80 Win User
    Cannot move desktop to a new location in Windows 7

I've been trying to move the desktop location on a machine that runs Windows 7.

On my own machine (Windows 10), there's a "Location" tab in the desktop properties.

That tab is missing on the machine that runs Windows 7.

I came across the suggestion below in other threads, but it is not working for me. Any other suggestions on how to change to location or how to get the location tab to show?

Thanks!

1. Open the Registry editor (Regedit.exe)
    2. Browse to the location:

HKCU > Software > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Explorer > User Shell Folders.
    3. In the right window pane select the required value (i.e. Desktop).
    4. Insert the new location for the folder to be stored.
    5. Close the registry editor and log off

--> Didn't work.

Cyndera80, Mar 6, 2021
  4. how do I place a URL showing my home location on my desktop.

Can I Change My Default Desktop Location??

Hello Lucas,

You may change the default location for the desktop and library folders on Windows 10.

To change the default location of the folders, please follow these steps:

• Click Start, type This PC and press
      Enter
    • Right-click the Desktop folder and select Properties.
    • Go to Location tab and click Move.
    • Find the new location for the Desktop folder and click
      Select
      Folder.
    • Click OK to finish.

The steps must be done on each of the library folders.

Regards.

Devlin Sco, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

how do I place a URL showing my home location on my desktop.

1. how do I place a URL showing my home location on my desktop. - Similar Threads - place URL showing

2. how do I place 4 pictures on my desktop background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I place 4 pictures on my desktop background: how do I place 4 pictures on my desktop background https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-place-4-pictures-on-my-desktop-background/90cc429e-5707-4e23-862f-780cb86a96ed
  3. how do I place 4 pictures on my desktop background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I place 4 pictures on my desktop background: how do I place 4 pictures on my desktop background https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-place-4-pictures-on-my-desktop-background/90cc429e-5707-4e23-862f-780cb86a96ed
  4. how do I place 4 pictures on my desktop background

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. When I start my PC, it shows the Desktop located at user/OneDrive/Desktop. How do I change...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I start my PC, it shows the Desktop located at user/OneDrive/Desktop. How do I change...: When I start my PC, it shows the Desktop located at user/OneDrive/Desktop. How do I change so that it starts at user/Desktop instead https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-start-my-pc-it-shows-the-desktop-located-at/5e7c8f1b-6ff0-4af3-8504-45e227810df7
  6. When I start my PC, it shows the Desktop located at user/OneDrive/Desktop. How do I change...

When I start my PC, it shows the Desktop located at user/OneDrive/Desktop. How do I change...: When I start my PC, it shows the Desktop located at user/OneDrive/Desktop. How do I change so that it starts at user/Desktop instead https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-start-my-pc-it-shows-the-desktop-located-at/5e7c8f1b-6ff0-4af3-8504-45e227810df7
  7. How do I remove the onedrive url from my desktop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I remove the onedrive url from my desktop?: I am really irate at this onedrive bs. It installed itself with windows, i know its a windows program but then it succeeded in taking everything I had on my desktop and throw it into my onedrive which immediately started giving me error messages cuz the onedrive doesnt have...
  8. How do I remove the onedrive url from my desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove the onedrive url from my desktop?: I am really irate at this onedrive bs. It installed itself with windows, i know its a windows program but then it succeeded in taking everything I had on my desktop and throw it into my onedrive which immediately started giving me error messages cuz the onedrive doesnt have...
  9. How do I remove the onedrive url from my desktop?

10. showing wrong location of my desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    showing wrong location of my desktop: my desktop is showing wrong location. how can i correct this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/showing-wrong-location-of-my-desktop/4d8f6cf4-25da-45e2-a8a2-38735a5a33e0