Windows 10: How do I play a DVD?

Discus and support How do I play a DVD? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How do I play a DVD in Windows 10 Do I have to purchase a media player or can I do it for Free? 23536 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Cyberdesigner, Sep 21, 2015.

1. How do I play a DVD?

How do I play a DVD in Windows 10

Do I have to purchase a media player or can I do it for Free?

:)

Cyberdesigner, Sep 21, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

How do i play a disc i've loaded and how can i eject it out of my computer.

Hi Julia,

Is the disc a DVD?

Windows 10 does not support DVD playback by default

If it is a DVD, click the link below to download the VLC player, you can use that to play DVD's

Official download of VLC media player, the best Open Source player - VideoLAN

To eject the disc, on the front of the DVD drive is a small button, press that to eject the disc . . .

DaveM121, Sep 21, 2015
  3. How do i play a disc i've loaded and how can i eject it out of my computer.

I am new to computers and trying to learn as go along.

I inserted a disc and laptop made sound like disc was getting ready to play, but nothings happened and I can't find how to eject disc.

JulieCarter1, Sep 21, 2015
  4. How do I play a DVD?

Cluster Head, Sep 21, 2015
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Sep 21, 2015
  6. I second the motion on VLC.

The problem is that the default player does not have the codecs needed to play some commercial dvds. Pehaps others too. Microsoft stopped paying the royalties on the codecs they have shipped in past versions of Windows due to the cost (a billion dollars plus) anticipated in the number of Windows 10 giveaways during the Get Windows 10 Program.

The Windows DVD Player ($14.99) in the Store does have the codecs. It is free if you upgraded from a copy of Windows 7 or 8 that included Media Center (not the same as Media Player).

Cbarnhorst, Sep 21, 2015
  7. larc919 Win User
    larc919, Sep 21, 2015
  8. How do I play a DVD?

9. Excellent Reply, I never knew any of that!

10. Thanks I will keep that in mind but maybe overkill as you say.

Cyberdesigner, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How do I play a DVD?

1. How do I play a DVD? - Similar Threads - play DVD

2. which software is best to play DVD on external drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    which software is best to play DVD on external drive?: Using a Lenovo i5 laptop, which is a little over one year old, running windows 11 Home. The external DVD drive is from Lenovo but it seems to want me to buy software in order to play the disc. Lenovo wants $69 to make it play, good for 30 days only. Which software would you...
  3. which software is best to play DVD on external drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    which software is best to play DVD on external drive?: Using a Lenovo i5 laptop, which is a little over one year old, running windows 11 Home. The external DVD drive is from Lenovo but it seems to want me to buy software in order to play the disc. Lenovo wants $69 to make it play, good for 30 days only. Which software would you...
  4. I can't understand how to play a DVD on my computer. I was told it was free. I paid...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't understand how to play a DVD on my computer. I was told it was free. I paid...: I was told by Microsoft that DVDs could be played for free on my computer. I paid $15 for an app to play DVDs on my computer in addition. I still don't have the slightest idea of how to make the DVD in my computer right now play!...
  5. I can't understand how to play a DVD on my computer. I was told it was free. I paid...

I can't understand how to play a DVD on my computer. I was told it was free. I paid...: I was told by Microsoft that DVDs could be played for free on my computer. I paid $15 for an app to play DVDs on my computer in addition. I still don't have the slightest idea of how to make the DVD in my computer right now play!...
  6. I can't understand how to play a DVD on my computer. I was told it was free. I paid...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. dvd not playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dvd not playing: hello my hp pc isnt letting me sse the dvd it says for ,e to upgredw to a new dvd sytem but its charging me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-not-playing/ef26426c-ae77-4b4f-975f-a21337f84361
  8. dvd not playing

dvd not playing: hello my hp pc isnt letting me sse the dvd it says for ,e to upgredw to a new dvd sytem but its charging me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-not-playing/ef26426c-ae77-4b4f-975f-a21337f84361
  9. How can I play a DVD rom PC game from 2008 on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I play a DVD rom PC game from 2008 on windows 11?: Hi! So I've had this game called Barbie Horse Adventures Riding Camp since I was a little girl for PC and was obsessed with it. Recently I bought a copy of it to play again, but it just doesn't run on my Windows 11 computer. I've tried everything; compatibility mode, using a...
  10. How can I play a DVD rom PC game from 2008 on windows 11?

How can I play a DVD rom PC game from 2008 on windows 11?: Hi! So I've had this game called Barbie Horse Adventures Riding Camp since I was a little girl for PC and was obsessed with it. Recently I bought a copy of it to play again, but it just doesn't run on my Windows 11 computer. I've tried everything; compatibility mode, using a...