Windows 10: How do I play an amr file?

Discus and support How do I play an amr file? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; VLC should play the file natively if that is better for you ... Official download of VLC media player, the best Open Source player - VideoLAN Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Barman58, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Barman58 Win User

How do I play an amr file?

Barman58, Apr 4, 2018
  2. Mandroid Win User

I recorded some audio from an app from my phone but can't play it. Even after converting it to mp3, I had no luck doing it. Thanks in advance!

:)

Mandroid, Apr 19, 2018
  3. Development question...

I have a device capable of playing AMR encoded data.

I have a buffer full of AMR encoded data.

How do I get something - anything - any API at all - that will PLAY that AMR data? I can see examples for playing WAV, its not WAV I have its AMR, and my device CAN play AMR through mediaplayer. I DON'T want to launch media player as an application to play
    the AMR, I want to use a programming API to play the AMR (whether that uses some of the media player code I don't care - but I don't want my application to launch and use mediaplayer). I would be happiest for a managed code (C#) solution, but a natice (C++)
    solution is ok. It surely can't be that difficult on a mobile device to play the most common mobile device sound data?

Dave Hitchman, Apr 19, 2018
  4. vedat227 Win User

push to talk speech turn duration

hi;

perhaps it is related with speech codec ? as i know push to talk is using AMR with code rate 5.17kbit/sn. but i can not play the speech that is comming form phone (n95) with an amr player and i can not play the speech that is composed by amr recoder, with
    my n95.

if i able to play speech tha tis comming form my n95 with an amr player, it can be start point for me. could you also give me infromration about push to talk amr speech encoding ?

thanks...

vedat

vedat227, Apr 19, 2018
  5. Berton Win User
    Berton, Apr 19, 2018
  6. Mandroid Win User
    I've seen these links but, which one do you recommend --- if any?!

Mandroid, Apr 19, 2018
  7. Berton Win User
    Just have to check some of them, no quick fix without having some knowledge about the format.

Berton, Apr 19, 2018
  8. Mandroid Win User

I understand. Thanks!!

Mandroid, Apr 19, 2018
  9. dmholt57 Win User
  10. Bree New Member
    On link that caught my eye was this one, saying...
    https://www.lifewire.com/amr-file-2619620

I already have Audacity (in Portable App form). It can export audio to many other formats (.wav, .mp3 and others) so would be one way to convert it.

https://portableapps.com/apps/music_...acity_portable

Thema:

1. How do I play an amr file? - Similar Threads - play amr file

2. how do i play a .vbo video file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i play a .vbo video file?: how do i play a .vbo video file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-play-a-vbo-video-file/fc2c43b4-8f0f-4cbb-a256-25aadafcba6c
  3. how do i play a .vbo video file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i play a .vbo video file?: how do i play a .vbo video file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-play-a-vbo-video-file/fc2c43b4-8f0f-4cbb-a256-25aadafcba6c
  4. How do I play wma audio file with drm?

How do I play wma audio file with drm?: I have tons of files I ripped years ago from my CDs before they were stolen from me. I also have some backup files for the DRMs How can I either get around the DRM blocking the use of these files and or restore the backed up DRM licenses in Windows 10?...
  5. How do I play the music file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I play the music file?: I thought I had a file that would play. But Windows Media Player doesn't recognize the file type. The only option I can see is to compress the file but the compressed file won't do anything,...
  6. How do I play the music file?

How do I play the music file?: I thought I had a file that would play. But Windows Media Player doesn't recognize the file type. The only option I can see is to compress the file but the compressed file won't do anything,...
  7. How do I play the file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I play the file?: I thought I had a file that would play. But Windows Media Player doesn't recognize the file type. The only option I can see is to compress the file but the compressed file won't do anything,...
  8. How do I play the file?

How do I play the file?: I thought I had a file that would play. But Windows Media Player doesn't recognize the file type. The only option I can see is to compress the file but the compressed file won't do anything,...
  9. Open .amr files and saving so I can listen on Windodws 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open .amr files and saving so I can listen on Windodws 10: How can I open .amr audio files on Windows 10 so that I can hear them, save them.Alternatively, is there a file type I could extract or auto convert them to in Windows 10 and if so how would I do that.Thank for any help offered...
  10. How do i play a .fli file with windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i play a .fli file with windows 10?: How do i play a .fli file with windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-play-a-fli-file-with-windows-10/ef216c6c-8670-40d9-b8d9-223d37f65c1e