Windows 10: How do I play bluray discs on windows 10?

Discus and support How do I play bluray discs on windows 10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Whenever I try to play blu ray discs on my blu ray drive, I get an error in VLC. I tried getting help from Microsoft tech support but they seemed to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jbarrettt, Jun 28, 2020.

1. jbarrettt Win User

How do I play bluray discs on windows 10?

Whenever I try to play blu ray discs on my blu ray drive, I get an error in VLC. I tried getting help from Microsoft tech support but they seemed to be unable to understand what it meant to play a blu ray disc. How do I play bluray discs on windows 10? o_O

One "advisor" said to use VLC and it would play any blu ray disc, but when I try to play any of my blu rays I get this error. Of course I googled how to get AACS library for playing blu ray in VLC, but the sites that are returned by my searches seem a bit disreputable. I want an official Microsoft solution for playing blu ray discs on windows 10 but there doesn't seem to be one.

How do I play blu ray discs in windows 10?

How do I play bluray discs on windows 10? cc63bf9f-fa94-4488-b8d8-94e401aca234?upload=true.jpg

:)

jbarrettt, Jun 28, 2020

2. BluRay Drive won't play movie discs

I am trying to play some bluray discs on Windows 10. It sometimes sees the drive but rarely see the disc in the drive. I am unable to go back to Windows 7 or 8.
    Every time I try to play a movie in various movie player, the disc would not be found.

Miss Bad Wolf, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Steve C Win User
    Can't Play BluRay Disks?

I can no longer play BluRay disks following my recent upgrade to Windows 10 - I've tried playing commercial BluRay discs and recorded disks from my Panasonic BluRay TV recorder.

The BluRay disks used to play fine on my PC but now I've upgraded to Windows 10 nothing will play the disk or .m2ts file - I've tried Nero BluRay Player, VLC, Films & TV and Media Player.

The BluRay disks play fine in my 2 dedicated BluRay players so the disks are OK. Has Windows 10 done something to trash the codecs for BluRay playback and how do I check and solve the issue? Perhaps I should uninstall/reinstall Nero 2015 which I use for BluRay playback?

Steve C, Jun 28, 2020
  4. How do I play bluray discs on windows 10?

Unable to access pictures from bluray. BD disc on Windows 10

does any one know why Microsoft have stopped all bluray playback programs from playing bluray discs, I havew tried cyberlink power dvd 15 it does not work with windows 10 and have tried vlc player and other players, so now my Sony vaio with bluray player
    which I purchased for playing bluray is next to useless, should have purchased an apple?

Original title: bluray

davehughesmicrosoft, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

How do I play bluray discs on windows 10?

1. How do I play bluray discs on windows 10? - Similar Threads - play bluray discs

2. Windows 10 File Manager is not Displaying Bluray Optical Drive and it Won't Play Discs...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 File Manager is not Displaying Bluray Optical Drive and it Won't Play Discs...: I spent most of yesterday trying to get my dvd player to work I haven't tried playing anything since last Christmas.I've already tried all of the solutions in this help article >...
  3. Windows 10 File Manager is not Displaying Bluray Optical Drive and it Won't Play Discs...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 File Manager is not Displaying Bluray Optical Drive and it Won't Play Discs...: I spent most of yesterday trying to get my dvd player to work I haven't tried playing anything since last Christmas.I've already tried all of the solutions in this help article >...
  4. Windows 10 File Manager is not Displaying Bluray Optical Drive and it Won't Play Discs...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My BluRay Disc Drive +RW is being recognized by Windows 7 but doesn't read DVDs, BluRays or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My BluRay Disc Drive +RW is being recognized by Windows 7 but doesn't read DVDs, BluRays or...: My BluRay Drive is BH12LS38 and for some reason I am having this problem since a week ago. I tried to restore, use RegEdit... but still nothing. Any suggestions?...
  6. How do I play a picture CD on my disc drive?

How do I play a picture CD on my disc drive?: How do I play a photo CD in my disc drive? There is no CD icon on my desktop. I have inserted the disc but cannot get more than one picture to play in Slideshow....
  7. Some bluray discs are not recognized others are

Some bluray discs are not recognized others are: winver 1903 build 18326.387 Commercial blu rays. Some are recognized immediately others not at all. I have 2 internal bd roms and the firmware is current for both. Cd and dvd are fine and recognized. So the drives are fine and the Bly ray discs are fine.... windows just...
  8. bluray not playing since update

bluray not playing since update: I have a bluray internal drive that worked perfectly before the creators update and since only works with dvd's or with cd's and does not recognise bluray disks. if a bluray disk is loaded in drive windows 10 thinks the drive is empty. Please help!...
  9. BluRay Drive won't play movie discs

BluRay Drive won't play movie discs: I am trying to play some bluray discs on Windows 10. It sometimes sees the drive but rarely see the disc in the drive. I am unable to go back to Windows 7 or 8. Every time I try to play a movie in various movie player, the disc would not be found. 6202
  10. Can't Play BluRay Disks?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Play BluRay Disks?: I can no longer play BluRay disks following my recent upgrade to Windows 10 - I've tried playing commercial BluRay discs and recorded disks from my Panasonic BluRay TV recorder. The BluRay disks used to play fine on my PC but now I've upgraded to Windows 10 nothing will...