Windows 10: How do I prevent auto sign-in when using Office products?

Discus and support How do I prevent auto sign-in when using Office products? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I open MS products, like Office, they automatically sign in to my account, even if I am logged in on a local account. As others occasionally use... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by alicelookingglass, Apr 27, 2019.

1. How do I prevent auto sign-in when using Office products?

When I open MS products, like Office, they automatically sign in to my account, even if I am logged in on a local account. As others occasionally use my computer and the software I think this is a security issue. I do not like the idea of an auto-login. Can local accounts be prevented from auto-logging into MS accounts?

:)

alicelookingglass, Apr 27, 2019
  2. Kari Win User
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 27, 2019
  4. How do I prevent auto sign-in when using Office products?

Prevent Auto sign in to Hotmail in Microsoft Edge

Hello max,

We regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you with some useful information from here..

From the description provided, I understand that you want to prevent auto sign in to Outlook account, rather would want to be presented with the login options.

To be able to assist you better, let us know if you are using the same Outlook account configured as Microsoft Account in your PC? Because, the Microsoft Edge sign-in to the Outlook.com account automatically that you use the sign-in to the user account.

However, if it isn't the same outlook account, I suggest you to clear
    Cookies and saved website data and then remove the option to save passwords under Manage Passwords

Refer the following sections from the Microsoft Help FAQ article below.

How can I clear and manage cookies in Microsoft Edge?

I don't want Microsoft Edge to remember my passwords for the sites I visit. How do I turn that off?

Microsoft Edge and privacy: FAQ

Write to us with further required information related to auto sign in to Microsoft edge for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Apr 27, 2019
Thema:

How do I prevent auto sign-in when using Office products?

1. How do I prevent auto sign-in when using Office products? - Similar Threads - prevent auto sign

2. how do I disable auto sign in when windows is booting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I disable auto sign in when windows is booting?: I have several accounts on my computer, one for games and entertainment, the other for studying. When starting the computer, I am offered an account to choose from and asked to enter a password, but the problem is that if I log into an account other than the one I had enabled...
  3. how do I disable auto sign in when windows is booting?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I disable auto sign in when windows is booting?: I have several accounts on my computer, one for games and entertainment, the other for studying. When starting the computer, I am offered an account to choose from and asked to enter a password, but the problem is that if I log into an account other than the one I had enabled...
  4. When I use my MS Office, I am asked to sign in again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I use my MS Office, I am asked to sign in again: Hi, I am having a problem with my Ms Office. I am getting a sign that tells me there is an error, that I am signed in, but that I should sign in again to fix the problem. I don't dare to do this because I worry that I may end up having to sign in every time I use Office.Can...
  5. Had to reset Laptop & lost office product key. How do I get office?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Had to reset Laptop & lost office product key. How do I get office?: I just spent the day restoring my laptop bc MS couldn't update. Now after the restore, I can't find the product key for office. How can I get it without buying a new suite?TIA,Eric...
  6. Is there a way to prevent auto-sign in with xbox companion app?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to prevent auto-sign in with xbox companion app?: I used an app on a windows 10 PC and every time someone launches the app it automatically logs into my account giving anyone who uses the app access to my personal information and software. We tried resetting the app and uninstalling it but every time the app is installed...
  7. using a product code for Office 2019

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    using a product code for Office 2019: Microsoft is big, fat pain. I bought a product code for Office 2019 for my new computer. It keeps telling me that I used that code on another microsoft account. I don't have another account. Do you think a real person could be reached to solve this issue H*** no! I...
  8. installing office when I have existing office products

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    installing office when I have existing office products: I just purchased MS office and want to install but it is asking me to uninstall my current MS products (outlook etc) and I don't want to lose data. What is a good way around this. Thank you...
  9. how do I prevent windows from auto shutting down when I close the lid/ can I be alerted to...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    how do I prevent windows from auto shutting down when I close the lid/ can I be alerted to...: how do I prevent windows from auto shutting down when I close the lid/ can I be alerted to when this happens sometimes usually when I haven't shut down my pc in a while when I close the lid it just autoshuts down...
  10. Screens dim when using office products

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screens dim when using office products: Whenever I open one of my Office 365 application (Word, Powerpoint), both of my monitors dim as if a blue light filter has been applied. When I close the Office application. The screen goes back to normal. This affects the entire monitor, not just the window with the Office...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. prevent autosing in office

2. ofice365 prevent auto-signin