Windows 10: How do I prevent auto sign-in when using Office products?

Discus and support How do I prevent auto sign-in when using Office products? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I open MS products, like Office, they automatically sign in to my account, even if I am logged in on a local account. As others occasionally use... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by alicelookingglass, Apr 27, 2019.

1. How do I prevent auto sign-in when using Office products?

When I open MS products, like Office, they automatically sign in to my account, even if I am logged in on a local account. As others occasionally use my computer and the software I think this is a security issue. I do not like the idea of an auto-login. Can local accounts be prevented from auto-logging into MS accounts?

:)

alicelookingglass, Apr 27, 2019
  2. Kari Win User
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 27, 2019
  4. How do I prevent auto sign-in when using Office products?

Prevent Auto sign in to Hotmail in Microsoft Edge

Hello max,

We regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you with some useful information from here..

From the description provided, I understand that you want to prevent auto sign in to Outlook account, rather would want to be presented with the login options.

To be able to assist you better, let us know if you are using the same Outlook account configured as Microsoft Account in your PC? Because, the Microsoft Edge sign-in to the Outlook.com account automatically that you use the sign-in to the user account.

However, if it isn't the same outlook account, I suggest you to clear
    Cookies and saved website data and then remove the option to save passwords under Manage Passwords

Refer the following sections from the Microsoft Help FAQ article below.

How can I clear and manage cookies in Microsoft Edge?

I don't want Microsoft Edge to remember my passwords for the sites I visit. How do I turn that off?

Microsoft Edge and privacy: FAQ

Write to us with further required information related to auto sign in to Microsoft edge for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Apr 27, 2019
Thema:

How do I prevent auto sign-in when using Office products?

1. How do I prevent auto sign-in when using Office products? - Similar Threads - prevent auto sign

2. how do I prevent windows from auto shutting down when I close the lid/ can I be alerted to...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    how do I prevent windows from auto shutting down when I close the lid/ can I be alerted to...: how do I prevent windows from auto shutting down when I close the lid/ can I be alerted to when this happens sometimes usually when I haven't shut down my pc in a while when I close the lid it just autoshuts down...
  3. how do I do auto-mounting in windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do I do auto-mounting in windows: I come from linux. In linux, we have a /etc/fstab file that tells the "mount" command what to mount as the root directory and what to mount as the home directory... Here is my problem that may require a fstab-related feature: I have two disks. When I installed windows I...
  4. how do I do auto-mounting in windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how do I do auto-mounting in windows: I come from linux. In linux, we have a /etc/fstab file that tells the "mount" command what to mount as the root directory and what to mount as the home directory... Here is my problem that may require a fstab-related feature: I have two disks. When I installed windows I...
  5. Screens dim when using office products

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screens dim when using office products: Whenever I open one of my Office 365 application (Word, Powerpoint), both of my monitors dim as if a blue light filter has been applied. When I close the Office application. The screen goes back to normal. This affects the entire monitor, not just the window with the Office...
  6. How Do I use CHM files in Office Excel 365

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How Do I use CHM files in Office Excel 365: I've created a VBA form in Office Excel 365. I've also created a help file (CHM format), and trying to integrate it into my form so that F1 will use it, and the "What's this" button will use it. So far I can't see how to do this; it seems that Office Excel 365 is still...
  7. how do i sign in as a widows administrator?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i sign in as a widows administrator?: how do I sign in as a windows administrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-sign-in-as-a-widows-administrator/26e15c18-1fd9-4cf8-b198-d60495561734"
  8. How do I remove the picture on top of the background when signing in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I remove the picture on top of the background when signing in: When I start up the laptop and get the sign in screen, There's a picture sitting above the sign in box. I want to remove it. But can't find out how...
  9. How do I see what product key I used during install?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I see what product key I used during install?: I have a computer that I built and installed Windows 10 on. I used the computer for a little while and am now selling it. I want to sell it with the disc that I used to do the install. Problem is I have multiple copies of Windows 10 and I'm not sure what disk I used for the...
  10. Preventing Auto Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Preventing Auto Updates: I'm having startup issues with a Windows 10 Build: Cumulative update for Windows 10 ver. 1511 KB3192444. (I hope I copied it correctly). Before this update is installed the problem doesn't exist, after it's installed it does. I posted this issue here but have not gotten...