Windows 10: How Do I Prevent Computer From Freezing?

Discus and support How Do I Prevent Computer From Freezing? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, earlier I made a post about it freezing and making a beeping sound but got no answers. Today, after opening my PC and launching Minecraft, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tqkend, Oct 16, 2022.

1. Tqkend Win User

How Do I Prevent Computer From Freezing?

Hi, earlier I made a post about it freezing and making a beeping sound but got no answers. Today, after opening my PC and launching Minecraft, my computer froze after around 10 minutes or less. This time, there was no beeping sound and I couldn't do anything. The only thing that worked was audio from the call I was in. I force my PC to restart which worked but this is basically the second time it has happened and I would like to know how to stop it. I think I remember my PC being a little louder when it froze, but I couldn't open task manager or anything so I am unsure. I am also not sure if i

:)

Tqkend, Oct 16, 2022
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Oct 16, 2022
  3. Ralph Sta Win User
    Windows 10 (Pro 64bit) randomly freezes

Thank you for the information, Neil. To address your concern regarding the random freezes that's happening on your computer, we suggest performing the steps below, and check if the experience will be the same:

• Sign in using an administrator account in your Windows 10 computer.
    • Disable or uninstall any anti-virus that you've installed to prevent it from interfering with the upgrade to Windows 10.
    • Reinstall Windows 10.

Let us know the outcome of the troubleshooting procedure for us to assist you further.

Ralph Sta, Oct 16, 2022
  4. SwatRider Win User

Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hello,

I have the latest windows updates, drivers, and BIOS.

The issue was caused by the Radeon drivers - i explained in my previous post.

To solve the issue I run a program called ClockBlocker that prevents the graphics card from downclocking and freezing the computer.

Thank you all for all the help.

SwatRider, Oct 16, 2022
Thema:

1. How Do I Prevent Computer From Freezing? - Similar Threads - Prevent Computer Freezing

2. How do I prevent windows from "locking" itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I prevent windows from "locking" itself: Every time i try to play a game on my laptop windows will pop up a screen that say Locking and then turn itself off, I want to turn this off, even if i have to use the regedit...
  3. How do I prevent a game from automatically downloading?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I prevent a game from automatically downloading?: Windows keeps downloading a game I repeatedly uninstall. I have removed the Microsoft Store from my computer and it still shows up every day. How to I prevent this?...
  4. How Do I Prevent Computer From Freezing?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How Do I Prevent Computer From Freezing?: Hi, earlier I made a post about it freezing and making a beeping sound but got no answers. Today, after opening my PC and launching Minecraft, my computer froze after around 10 minutes or less. This time, there was no beeping sound and I couldn't do anything. The only thing...
  5. How Do I Prevent Computer From Freezing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Prevent Computer From Freezing?: Hi, earlier I made a post about it freezing and making a beeping sound but got no answers. Today, after opening my PC and launching Minecraft, my computer froze after around 10 minutes or less. This time, there was no beeping sound and I couldn't do anything. The only thing...
  6. How do I prevent new instances from opening?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I prevent new instances from opening?: Hello, here is the issue:Suddenly, Windows opens a new instance of any browser when a link is clicked or when the browser icon on the taskbar is clicked. This has no relation to the internal browser settings which are set at "open link in new tab". This happens with all...
  7. How do I prevent this from happening again?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I prevent this from happening again?: It took me forever to figure out how to even use my new laptop without being forced to log into my hotmail account. I'm just not going to do it, I hate this about Windows 10. Anyway, I opened my laptop today to see this screen that almost gave me a heart attach because I was...
  8. How do I prevent the latest update from bricking my computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I prevent the latest update from bricking my computer?: I noticed that windows was threatening to install updates on the next reboot (I had thought I blocked all the windows update servers in the host file but I guess they made more or something) I looked it up and apparently lots of people can't boot their computer after this...
  9. How do I prevent Windows from installing a driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I prevent Windows from installing a driver?: I have an issue where Intel Management Interface Engine driver is preventing my laptop from hibernating or shutting down, I mean, the system just comes back to lock screen instead of turning off. If you search the web, you'll see this driver is well known to cause this issue,...
  10. How do I prevent my computer from going into a deep sleep?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I prevent my computer from going into a deep sleep?: How do I prevent my computer from going into a deep sleep after inactivity? I have hybrid sleep off. Whenever I try to wake it up, it doesn't respond to any of keys except for the power button. That leads me to thinking it's been shut down, crashed, or is in a deep sleep....