Windows 10: How do i prevent external HDD to go in sleep in windows 10 ?

Discus and support How do i prevent external HDD to go in sleep in windows 10 ? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am using windows 10 in my laptop and desktop. I am having a problem with my external HDD. Windows automatically disconnects my external HDD after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Piyush_Jain, Aug 14, 2018.

1. How do i prevent external HDD to go in sleep in windows 10 ?

I am using windows 10 in my laptop and desktop. I am having a problem with my external HDD.

Windows automatically disconnects my external HDD after 30-40 minutes. I have tried all but still it disconnects with a sound.

In windows 7 all same steps worked for me but I don't know why these are not working in windows 10. I have searched on internet and found that so many people have this same problem in windows 10 only.

Please guys if anyone have any working solution for this problem please tell me it would help me a lot.

Thank You

My mail is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

Piyush_Jain, Aug 14, 2018

2. external HDD

Hi,

Usually, this problem occur due to software incompatibility or corrupted USB drivers. For us to better assist you, we would like to clarify the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Which driver did you uninstall? Have you reinstall the driver? If yes, how did you reinstall the driver?
    • Have you check if the external HDD is visible in Device Manager?

If the issue still persists after uninstalling some games, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. If you're using the latest Windows 10 version, follow these steps on how to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Hardware and Devices and click
      Run the troubleshooter.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Aug 14, 2018
  3. dermy Win User
    External HDDs

Hi i had a seagate freeagent (external) which stopped working so i bought another enclosure and the hdd kept disconnecting/reconnecting in windows 8.1, so i boht another enclosure and also the same thing. Iv tried a different hdd and all hdds work perfectly when plugged directly into sata ports on the board, are there any other steps i can try or do you think iv just been unlucky with enclosures?

dermy, Aug 14, 2018
  4. How do i prevent external HDD to go in sleep in windows 10 ?

Preventing sleep on laptop/monitor

Hi Tricia,

In order to help you with your concern about preventing your Windows 10 not to go to sleep mode, may we request you to answer the following questions first:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer system prior to getting this issue?
    • What is the current Build and Version of your Windows 10 PC? To know these information follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type Winver.
    • Press Enter.
    • A small box will appear showing the current Build and
      Version
      of your PC.

(Should you need to update your PC, you may click on this
    link
    . This will also show you the update history for Windows 10.)

• Are you getting any error messages? If yes, kindly post it here.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

You may utilize the troubleshooting suggestions from the post of
    Aleksandr 10 in this thread, to remedy the
    automatic sleep that your device is displaying. This link has been helpful to a lot of Community members who had the same concern and may also be helpful in the issue at hand.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

How do i prevent external HDD to go in sleep in windows 10 ?

1. How do i prevent external HDD to go in sleep in windows 10 ? - Similar Threads - prevent external HDD

2. External HDD always active; Not going into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External HDD always active; Not going into sleep mode: Hi there! I have a problem with my external 1TB HDD drive. Since I got a new laptop for my oculus quest 2, I decided to store all the games on an external HDD, which is connected over a SATA-USB3 adapter. It works without a problem, but in some games, while im in a room for...
  3. External HDD always active; Not going into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External HDD always active; Not going into sleep mode: Hi there! I have a problem with my external 1TB HDD drive. Since I got a new laptop for my oculus quest 2, I decided to store all the games on an external HDD, which is connected over a SATA-USB3 adapter. It works without a problem, but in some games, while im in a room for...
  4. Defender won't let an external HDD go to sleep

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender won't let an external HDD go to sleep: Hello, Well, the topic title says it all. I recently purchased a Western Digital My Book 8TB and no matter what I couldn't get it to stand by/sleep. I tried everything: messing around with USB power options, indexing, installing dedicated WD software that has a sleep timer -...
  5. USB external HDD keeps going to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB external HDD keeps going to sleep: I have a ThinkPad X1 6 gen for specs Currently I have a USB external HDD that keeps going to sleep. When I go to power options, there is no options for usb power however looking online I see that there should be. I've tried running some CMD commands I found online to restore...
  6. Four external HDDs - how to prevent them from going to sleep?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Four external HDDs - how to prevent them from going to sleep?: I have four external hard disks and all of them are connected to a laptop via a USB 3.0 hub. However, looking at the Device Manager information, view by container, there are certain differences as may be seen in the images below. I'm trying to manage the power setting on...
  7. How to prevent external HDD from going to sleep?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to prevent external HDD from going to sleep?: I have four external hard disks connected to my laptop either directly or through a USB hub. I have searched the issue that I'm asking about, but I have not found a definitive answer. The most common solution appears to be to use a program to write a small file to each hard...
  8. External USB HDD going to sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    External USB HDD going to sleep mode: I don't understand why Microsoft refuses to address this problem in Windows 10. It's an old problem and all the answers from Microsoft are vague and send us around things that people have already tried and it does not solve the problem. Just look at the blogs of the...
  9. How do I prevent my computer from going into a deep sleep?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I prevent my computer from going into a deep sleep?: How do I prevent my computer from going into a deep sleep after inactivity? I have hybrid sleep off. Whenever I try to wake it up, it doesn't respond to any of keys except for the power button. That leads me to thinking it's been shut down, crashed, or is in a deep sleep....
  10. How do I prevent going to sleep with certain program active?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I prevent going to sleep with certain program active?: Hello -- I am new to this forum, but I would like to ask for help. I have been with you all since Seven Forums. I am using a program that is no longer being further developed or supported by the developer. It is called PS3 Media Server and is basically the best program...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 prevent hdd go to sleep