Windows 10: How do I prevent loosing LAN features when I prioritize WiFi over LAN?

Discus and support How do I prevent loosing LAN features when I prioritize WiFi over LAN? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I’m trying to get my server a dedicated internet connection while’s my other systems can still access it via lan. I tried to simply connect a WiFi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by louismahunu, Feb 12, 2024.

1. How do I prevent loosing LAN features when I prioritize WiFi over LAN?

I’m trying to get my server a dedicated internet connection while’s my other systems can still access it via lan. I tried to simply connect a WiFi network to it while’s keeping the lan connected but discovered that windows always prioritized LAN connections over WiFi.so I used the metric system to change the priority values of both my wireless and lan adaptors, prioritizing my WiFi over my lan. It works but now anytime my WiFi if prioritized my server can’t be accessed or discovered by any of my systems on the lan, although the server is still connected to the lan. How do I fix this?

:)

louismahunu, Feb 12, 2024

2. WIFI priortize over LAN all the time

Hi mate i want to prioritize wifi over LAN all the time even LAN is connected

Mohamed Gazali, Feb 12, 2024
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

newtekie1, Feb 12, 2024
  4. How do I prevent loosing LAN features when I prioritize WiFi over LAN?

Using both LAN & Wifi connection

Hi,

My workstation with windows 7 is connected to both LAN and Wireless network.

I need Wireless network mainly for web browsing and nothing else, and LAN connection for everything else such as network drives.

Because Win7 tried to use LAN connection for web browsing by default, I prioritized Wireless for TCP/IPv4 by manually setting lower metric for wireless over LAN.

The problem is that my email account (Exchange Server 2010) only connects through LAN connection. (Connection status shows RCP/TCP when working.)

And because I have prioritized wireless over LAN, I cannot connect to my email server. (When wireless is prioritized, the connection status shows that it's trying to connect through RCP/HTTP.)

Does anyone have a solution to my issue?

At the end of the day, I just need my web browser to connect through Wireless network while working on LAN for everything else.

Thank you.

Daniel_82_, Feb 12, 2024
Thema:

How do I prevent loosing LAN features when I prioritize WiFi over LAN?

1. How do I prevent loosing LAN features when I prioritize WiFi over LAN? - Similar Threads - prevent loosing LAN

2. How do I prevent loosing LAN features when I prioritize WiFi over LAN?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I prevent loosing LAN features when I prioritize WiFi over LAN?: I’m trying to get my server a dedicated internet connection while’s my other systems can still access it via lan. I tried to simply connect a WiFi network to it while’s keeping the lan connected but discovered that windows always prioritized LAN connections over WiFi.so I...
  3. Permanently prefer wifi connection over LAN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permanently prefer wifi connection over LAN: I'm out in the country and have a very poor landline internet connection, the laptop is connected to my home network via a LAN cable. I have better internet connectivity via a mobile phone hotspot, and this is connected via Wifi to the laptop and this is where I want to...
  4. Permanently prefer wifi connection over LAN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanently prefer wifi connection over LAN: I'm out in the country and have a very poor landline internet connection, the laptop is connected to my home network via a LAN cable. I have better internet connectivity via a mobile phone hotspot, and this is connected via Wifi to the laptop and this is where I want to...
  5. WIFI priortize over LAN all the time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI priortize over LAN all the time: Hi mate i want to prioritize wifi over LAN all the time even LAN is connected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-priortize-over-lan-all-the-time/8cb7fb96-ba9b-4f71-a56a-66fae759265e
  6. WIFI priortize over LAN all the time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIFI priortize over LAN all the time: Hi mate i want to prioritize wifi over LAN all the time even LAN is connected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-priortize-over-lan-all-the-time/8cb7fb96-ba9b-4f71-a56a-66fae759265e
  7. WIFI priortize over LAN all the time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Priorotizing LAN over WiFi Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Priorotizing LAN over WiFi Windows 10: Windows 10 May upgrade to W10 home changed my LAN priority to WiFi. Need to change back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/priorotizing-lan-over-wifi-windows-10/c611e21b-0fd4-41c3-b6ba-9d185e4b4576
  9. How do I stop M$ from disabling my LAN over and over and over....

How do I stop M$ from disabling my LAN over and over and over....: Every single time there's any kind of update, my LAN gets disabled. See details here: Network Computers are Not Visible in Windows 10 All I have to do is open Winaero Tweaker and click a box (instead of opening services and scrolling down to "Function Discovery Resource...
  10. How do I stop M$ from disabling my LAN over and over and over....

How do I stop M$ from disabling my LAN over and over and over....: Every single fucking time there's any kind of update, my LAN gets disabled. See details here: Network Computers are Not Visible in Windows 10 I all have to do is open Winaero Tweaker and click a box (instead of opening services and scrolling down to "Function Discovery...