Windows 10: How do I prevent mouse pointer from detecting this overlay while capturing gameplay using...

Discus and support How do I prevent mouse pointer from detecting this overlay while capturing gameplay using... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/anlkuma [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fyc3qi/how_do_i_prevent_mouse_pointer_from_detecting/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/anlkuma, Apr 10, 2020.

1. How do I prevent mouse pointer from detecting this overlay while capturing gameplay using...

/u/anlkuma, Apr 10, 2020

2. Mouse Pointer

Hi,

You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows. To change how your mouse pointer looks, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu, then click Control Panel.
    • Select Mouse, then go to the Pointers tab.
    • Select the pointer you prefer from the drop-down list, click
      Apply > OK.

If you want to use a pointer that is not on the list, you can download it online. After that, go to Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers tab again, then click
    Browse.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Angela Pun, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Mouse Pointer almost invisible when pressed Win + G in games.

Hi Isaquede,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your mouse pointer, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes/updates made on your device?
    • When did the issue begin?
    • Is it happening in all your activities?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?

In the meantime, we suggest that check these article: Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    & How to troubleshoot mouse pointer display issues in Microsoft games, and follow
    the troubleshooting steps to resolve your mouse pointer issue.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Apr 10, 2020
  4. How do I prevent mouse pointer from detecting this overlay while capturing gameplay using...

Spinning blue circle next to mouse pointer

This is an incredibly frustrating issue. I do a lot of screen capture recordings and I can't have my mouse arrow popping up a blue circle every 4 to 5 seconds. I'm not sure exactly when this started for me, but now that I'm ready to do some more recording
    I'm noticing it constantly.

Here's a solution I've found to at least stop the blue circle:

• Start with the Microsoft suggestion of going to the mouse properties.
    • Click on the "Pointers" tab.
    • Select the "Working In Background" pointer and click on "Browse"
    • Select the first mouse arrow option (the one that looks like a normal mouse arrow)
    This doesn't get rid of whatever is causing the system to have to keep working in the background, but it will at least make the blue circle stop popping up.

J Buchmann, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

How do I prevent mouse pointer from detecting this overlay while capturing gameplay using...

1. How do I prevent mouse pointer from detecting this overlay while capturing gameplay using... - Similar Threads - prevent mouse pointer

2. How do I prevent Snipping Tool from disabling FastStone Capture Auto-save

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I prevent Snipping Tool from disabling FastStone Capture Auto-save: When I upgraded to Windows 11 Vers. 23H2, the Snipping Tool was installed without asking me.It is the only change that occurred before FastStone Capture 9.3 stopped saving auto-save captures to the destination directory.I have come to like Snipping Tool, but I love this bar!...
  3. How do I prevent Snipping Tool from disabling FastStone Capture Auto-save

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I prevent Snipping Tool from disabling FastStone Capture Auto-save: When I upgraded to Windows 11 Vers. 23H2, the Snipping Tool was installed without asking me.It is the only change that occurred before FastStone Capture 9.3 stopped saving auto-save captures to the destination directory.I have come to like Snipping Tool, but I love this bar!...
  4. mouse pointer is offset from mouse pointer hotspot

mouse pointer is offset from mouse pointer hotspot: i don't know how this happenedI have 2 monitors, never had this problem appear before today. It's offset like in the image this is ms paint.Same problem under photoshop, same offset distance. I tried restarting the comptuer, i tried changing all the pointer settings, changing...
  5. mouse pointer is offset from mouse pointer hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse pointer is offset from mouse pointer hotspot: i don't know how this happenedI have 2 monitors, never had this problem appear before today. It's offset like in the image this is ms paint.Same problem under photoshop, same offset distance. I tried restarting the comptuer, i tried changing all the pointer settings, changing...
  6. How do I prevent my touchscreen input from grabbing my mouse pointer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I prevent my touchscreen input from grabbing my mouse pointer?: My setup is as follows: I have a primary desktop monitor which I navigate using a mouse. I also have a secondary touchscreen where I interact by touching sliders, buttons etc. The problem is that whenever I touch the touchscreen, the mouse pointer moves to the touched...
  7. How do I prevent my touchscreen input from grabbing my mouse pointer?

How do I prevent my touchscreen input from grabbing my mouse pointer?: My setup is as follows: I have a primary desktop monitor which I navigate using a mouse. I also have a secondary touchscreen where I interact by touching sliders, buttons etc. The problem is that whenever I touch the touchscreen, the mouse pointer moves to the touched...
  8. How to prevent Users from changing Mouse Pointers in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to prevent Users from changing Mouse Pointers in Windows 10: Changing the mouse pointer according to the theme we use in Windows 10 is normal. There are a lot of options available to change. But these mouse pointers might be confusing if a computer is used by many people. It takes time to get accustomed to the new mouse pointer. The...
  9. How do i sync the gameplay audio with the gameplay in windows 10 game capture?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i sync the gameplay audio with the gameplay in windows 10 game capture?: im trying to record a video using the capture in game mode everything works fine but the game audio is delayed and not synced up at all, how do i fix this?...
  10. How do I prevent time from being used while the screen is locked?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I prevent time from being used while the screen is locked?: My daughter forgot to sign out of our home PC yesterday, so when she tried to use her laptop at school she'd already used up all her time. I checked the time in family link and it was definitely over night while she slept. Surely there is a better way than expecting a...