Windows 10: How do I prevent my machine from ever updating to windows 11?

Discus and support How do I prevent my machine from ever updating to windows 11? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to be able to shut down and restart my computer and not have to install windows 11. Is there any way to do that without causing issues with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nathan Tessier2563, Sep 30, 2022.

1. How do I prevent my machine from ever updating to windows 11?

I want to be able to shut down and restart my computer and not have to install windows 11. Is there any way to do that without causing issues with my device?

:)

Nathan Tessier2563, Sep 30, 2022

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Sep 30, 2022
  3. Windows Update - Prevents Appliations from Loading

Update KB4015217 currently preventing a number of applications in our environment from loading.

We have to perform the following steps to get the applications to run:

Uninstall Windows Update KB4015217

• Windows Update
    • Update History
    • Uninstall Update
    Reboot

Run the “Windows Update Hide Tool”

Hide update KB4015217

1234Jenifer1234, Sep 30, 2022
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

How do I prevent my machine from ever updating to windows 11?

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

Thema:

How do I prevent my machine from ever updating to windows 11?

1. How do I prevent my machine from ever updating to windows 11? - Similar Threads - prevent machine ever

2. How can I prevent an update from ever installing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I prevent an update from ever installing?: Hello, The update KB5030310 breaks my graphic drivers constantly. I have uninstalled this update already 3 times and it keeps getting installed.Even if I paused all updates for 5 weeks, I still got it installed again today, how can I "blacklist" it or pause it from...
  3. How can I prevent an update from ever installing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I prevent an update from ever installing?: Hello, The update KB5030310 breaks my graphic drivers constantly. I have uninstalled this update already 3 times and it keeps getting installed.Even if I paused all updates for 5 weeks, I still got it installed again today, how can I "blacklist" it or pause it from...
  4. How do I allow important updates to Windows 11 and prevent Microsoft from changing my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I allow important updates to Windows 11 and prevent Microsoft from changing my...: Almost every time Microsoft updates my computer, I have to restore my previous favorite settings. If this continues I will stop using windows and go to Apple. I want important, needed updates. I don't want Microsoft meddling with my favorite/default settings. Stop hijacking...
  5. How do I allow important updates to Windows 11 and prevent Microsoft from changing my...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I allow important updates to Windows 11 and prevent Microsoft from changing my...: Almost every time Microsoft updates my computer, I have to restore my previous favorite settings. If this continues I will stop using windows and go to Apple. I want important, needed updates. I don't want Microsoft meddling with my favorite/default settings. Stop hijacking...
  6. How do I allow important updates to Windows 11 and prevent Microsoft from changing my...

7. How do I prevent my machine from ever updating to windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I prevent my machine from ever updating to windows 11?: I want to be able to shut down and restart my computer and not have to install windows 11. Is there any way to do that without causing issues with my device?...
  8. How do I prevent my machine from ever updating to windows 11?

How do I prevent my machine from ever updating to windows 11?: I want to be able to shut down and restart my computer and not have to install windows 11. Is there any way to do that without causing issues with my device?...
  9. An invisible administrator is controlling my machine in windows 11. How do I prevent it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An invisible administrator is controlling my machine in windows 11. How do I prevent it?: Hello Friends,Special note: - whenever you see !! it does mean the so intelligent 11.As I know there will be no support from Microsoft, dear friends please help to uncover the mystery on my new so intelligent Windows !!Short Story:OS: - Windows !! Edition: - Windows !!...
  10. An invisible administrator is controlling my machine in windows 11. How do I prevent it?

An invisible administrator is controlling my machine in windows 11. How do I prevent it?: Hello Friends,Special note: - whenever you see !! it does mean the so intelligent 11.As I know there will be no support from Microsoft, dear friends please help to uncover the mystery on my new so intelligent Windows !!Short Story:OS: - Windows !! Edition: - Windows !!...