Windows 10: How do I prevent new applications from changing the audio output?

Discus and support How do I prevent new applications from changing the audio output? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; If I open a certain program sometimes it changes from like default output of headphones to a different non desired output and I have to manually set it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SorryToSay, Jul 18, 2020.

1. How do I prevent new applications from changing the audio output?

If I open a certain program sometimes it changes from like default output of headphones to a different non desired output and I have to manually set it back. It's annoying when this happens everyday a number of times. is there a solution>?

submitted by /u/SorryToSay
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SorryToSay, Jul 18, 2020

2. How to prevent creation of list of applications launched

How can I prevent the Registry from creating a list of applications launched from external media? I have App launch tracker turned off, but registry nevertheless contains an entry for example.exe previously launched from, and only contained on, a thumb drive? TIA

Nosirrah762, Jul 18, 2020
  3. Bruce SX Win User
    Is there a trojan csrss.exe? If so how do I eliminate it.

She has changed the Google password.

Do we change her Microsoft password using her pc using the following steps?

• Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete, and then click Change a password.
    • Type your old password followed by a new password as indicated, and then type the new password again to confirm it.
    • Press Enter.

Bruce SX, Jul 18, 2020
  4. How do I prevent new applications from changing the audio output?

How To Change Monitor Audio To Motherboard Audio

Hi Saurav,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Do you want to use your external speakers for the audio instead of the monitor speakers?
    2. Are you hearing the audio both from your external speakers and the monitor speakers?

Meanwhile, you may try the below steps to change the playback device and check if this helps.

1. Select on the Start button > Type Sound in the search box > Select
      Sound from the list of results.
    2. Go to Playback tab > Select your Sound System Device that you want to hear the audio from > Then click on
      Set Default.
    3. Restart the computer once and check if this helps.

We're looking forward to your response.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

How do I prevent new applications from changing the audio output?

1. How do I prevent new applications from changing the audio output? - Similar Threads - prevent applications changing

2. Prevent User From Mute Audio Output on Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent User From Mute Audio Output on Windows: I'm looking for a solution to prevent my users to mute the audio output on a Windows computer.From the GPO, I can disable the access to Control Panel and prevent the user from changing the Sounds Setting. But my user still can change the volume to zero and mute the audio via...
  3. Prevent User From Mute Audio Output on Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prevent User From Mute Audio Output on Windows: I'm looking for a solution to prevent my users to mute the audio output on a Windows computer.From the GPO, I can disable the access to Control Panel and prevent the user from changing the Sounds Setting. But my user still can change the volume to zero and mute the audio via...
  4. Trying to prevent audio output from one application while another application is playing audio

Trying to prevent audio output from one application while another application is playing audio: Specifically, I'm trying to stop spotify from outputting audio while another application is playing audio. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-prevent-audio-output-from-one/de04093f-ea2d-49bb-b18b-2724be8fa238
  5. Trying to prevent audio output from one application while another application is playing audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to prevent audio output from one application while another application is playing audio: Specifically, I'm trying to stop spotify from outputting audio while another application is playing audio. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-prevent-audio-output-from-one/de04093f-ea2d-49bb-b18b-2724be8fa238
  6. Trying to prevent audio output from one application while another application is playing audio

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How to deny applications from outputting audio?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to deny applications from outputting audio?: My Windows 10 computer outputs audio at regular intervals of 20-30 minutes even though no one is using and sometimes even when it's locked. The sound emitted is short and probably inaudible. How do I stop this? I do not want my computer to emit sound without my permission!...
  8. How to deny applications from outputting audio?

How to deny applications from outputting audio?: My Windows 10 computer outputs audio at regular intervals of 20-30 minutes even though no one is using and sometimes even when it's locked. The sound emitted is short and probably inaudible. How do I stop this? I do not want my computer to emit sound without my permission!...
  9. How to deny applications from outputting audio?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. How do I change the audio track output?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change the audio track output?: I installed Melodyne and now nothing will play sound. I looked on some forums and one guy said all audio track outputs had been changed to “none” when he installed it. I’m freaking out here because I have class in the morning. Is there any way to change the audio track...