Windows 10: How do I prevent other users from accessing my applications or programs in Windows 10 Home?

Discus and support How do I prevent other users from accessing my applications or programs in Windows 10 Home? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; There are two users. My one is an admin user, and the other one is a standard user. I don't want other users to access and see some of my installed... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Abdullah52, Jun 20, 2020.

1. How do I prevent other users from accessing my applications or programs in Windows 10 Home?

There are two users. My one is an admin user, and the other one is a standard user.

I don't want other users to access and see some of my installed applications or programs.

What can I do for that?

:)

Abdullah52, Jun 20, 2020

2. Preventing access to modern app

Ive been tasked with preventing the children from accessing instagram. I've got it listed in my windows hosts file and internet options/security/restricted site but the windows 10 app is still allowing access. Any suggestions other then deleting app which can just be reinstalled?

FrostyWinnipeg, Jun 20, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 20, 2020
  4. trparky Win User

How do I prevent other users from accessing my applications or programs in Windows 10 Home?

Say goodbye to ransomware with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Then what needs to be implemented is some way to notify the user that raw disk access is being attempted using a notification similar to that of the UAC prompt and suggest that the user prevent the action unless they are sure that the application doing such activity is trusted.

Obviously the default answer would be a big fat NO!

trparky, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

How do I prevent other users from accessing my applications or programs in Windows 10 Home?

1. How do I prevent other users from accessing my applications or programs in Windows 10 Home? - Similar Threads - prevent users accessing

2. How do I prevent my desktop icons from showing up on other users' desktops?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I prevent my desktop icons from showing up on other users' desktops?: When I add a program like Quicken or Turbo Tax, how do I prevent the startup icon from showing up on my kids' desktops? Once it's there, how do I delete it?...
  3. How do I prevent my desktop icons from showing up on other users' desktops?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I prevent my desktop icons from showing up on other users' desktops?: When I add a program like Quicken or Turbo Tax, how do I prevent the startup icon from showing up on my kids' desktops? Once it's there, how do I delete it?...
  4. How do I prevent my desktop icons from showing up on other users' desktops?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I prevent Windows 10 users from accessing the drive where Windows 11 is installed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I prevent Windows 10 users from accessing the drive where Windows 11 is installed...: Hello!I have just dual-booted Windows 10 with Windows 11. I am noticing that when I am in Windows 11 I can see and access the drive where Windows 10 is installed; in windows 10 I can do the same with the drive where windows 11 is installed. In Windows 10 there are multiple...
  6. How to prevent users from accessing Drives in This PC on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to prevent users from accessing Drives in This PC on Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you want to prevent users from accessing the Drives in File Explorer, then […] This article How to prevent users from accessing Drives in This PC on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. How do I share my program with other users as it is a 5 user package

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I share my program with other users as it is a 5 user package: How do I share my program with other users as it is a 5 user package https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-share-my-program-with-other-users-as-it/b41c4590-a69a-434a-931a-383fd9d93f41
  8. Prevent Application From Accessing Drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Prevent Application From Accessing Drive: Is it possible to prevent an application like Word, Adobe Acrobat Reader, WinZip, etc. from accessing a drive (e.g., D:\) or a folder (e.g., D:\Data)? Ideally I want one application on my system to not have read access to one of the drives on my system....
  9. how do i get rid of other users on my Windows 10 home PC

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how do i get rid of other users on my Windows 10 home PC: i noticed there is more than 1 person on this PC which i am concerned that someone may have gained access to my PC with some unfamiliar accounts that i don't technically recognize like for example my DragonsProphet Folder has these users on it All Application Packages...
  10. Prevent program from "phoning home"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prevent program from "phoning home"?: (EDIT - Sincere apologies to admin for putting this in the wrong category. Am proper poorly with flu so can't think straight. Thank you for moving.) Dell XPS 15 9560 - Windows10Home This problem is probably nothing to do with Win10, but it's the OS I'm using so I'm...