Windows 10: How do I prevent standard users from installing software?

Discus and support How do I prevent standard users from installing software? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I'm attempting to set up a computer with two accounts. The first is an administrative account and the second is a standard account. The standard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EthanH_055, Dec 21, 2021.

1. How do I prevent standard users from installing software?

Hello,I'm attempting to set up a computer with two accounts. The first is an administrative account and the second is a standard account. The standard account is a part of my Microsoft family as a "child" account with parental restrictions. Since Microsoft only applies the parental control settings to Edge, I am trying to prevent ANY OTHER browsers or programs to be installed. However, Chrome and many other browsers do NOT need administrative privileges to be installed. Blocking every single possible browser is not a viable option. Would it be possible to prevent a user from installing ANY PRO

:)

EthanH_055, Dec 21, 2021
  2. gundja Win User

How to prevent standard users from installing apps

H guys,
    Currently i have a laptop with 1 admin and 1 standard user account.
    I want to prevent standard users account from installing any programs and also prevent them from messing around with the settings like changing the wallpaper or themes or any other settings.

my setup is like that
    Windows 10 pro

thanks

gundja, Dec 21, 2021
  3. JrGiv Win User
    Prevent Windows 10 Pro Users from Installing Software

I have one user on a Win 10 Pro machine who seems to be able to bypass attempts to prevent them from installing games on their PC. They are a standard user with no admin access. When they try to update software such as antivirus, the system demands that
    they have admin privileges. However, they have no problem installing games (I suspect from the Microsoft Store).

I've tried editing the group policy based on other suggestions, but after personal testing I see that it still allows the user to install games from the store.

Since they have no admin privileges, how do I stop this? (This computer is not connected to a domain.)

JrGiv, Dec 21, 2021
  4. BulldogXX Win User

How do I prevent standard users from installing software?

how to prevent users from installing software

To prevent a user from installing programs, make sure they are using Standard user accounts, and not Administrator user accounts, and do not share the Administrator password with them.

BulldogXX, Dec 21, 2021
Thema:

How do I prevent standard users from installing software?

1. How do I prevent standard users from installing software? - Similar Threads - prevent standard users

2. How do I prevent standard users from installing software?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I prevent standard users from installing software?: Hello,I'm attempting to set up a computer with two accounts. The first is an administrative account and the second is a standard account. The standard account is a part of my Microsoft family as a "child" account with parental restrictions. Since Microsoft only applies the...
  3. How do I prevent standard users from installing software?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I prevent standard users from installing software?: Hello,I'm attempting to set up a computer with two accounts. The first is an administrative account and the second is a standard account. The standard account is a part of my Microsoft family as a "child" account with parental restrictions. Since Microsoft only applies the...
  4. How to install programs on a standard user?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to install programs on a standard user?: I was always using admin account but I've heard that it's not a recommended way to use system for security reasons. So I did a fresh Windows 10 install and created an additional standard user. And I encounter many problems: Some programs that I install on a standard user,...
  5. how to stop running of software in standard user acount.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to stop running of software in standard user acount.: I have installed adobe photoshop and some videography software. but I want other user to use these software in their account. how can I stop another user from using these software. kindly help...
  6. How to install the software into a standard account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to install the software into a standard account?: I have 2 accounts, an administrator account and a standard account. I have heard that a standard account can block viruses, but why do I install software that always requires installation to an administrator account and not a standard account? If the software always...
  7. Prevent Windows 10 Pro Users from Installing Software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Prevent Windows 10 Pro Users from Installing Software: I have one user on a Win 10 Pro machine who seems to be able to bypass attempts to prevent them from installing games on their PC. They are a standard user with no admin access. When they try to update software such as antivirus, the system demands that they have admin...
  8. Prevent kids from installing any software

Prevent kids from installing any software: How do you prevent kids from installing any software regardless of it's age rating? I've restricted my son's account to ask permission before purchasing, to restrict apps to below a 6 year old (I've now changed this to 3 year old) but I don't want him installing anything -...
  9. How do I prevent Windows from installing a driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I prevent Windows from installing a driver?: I have an issue where Intel Management Interface Engine driver is preventing my laptop from hibernating or shutting down, I mean, the system just comes back to lock screen instead of turning off. If you search the web, you'll see this driver is well known to cause this issue,...
  10. How to prevent standard users from installing apps

How to prevent standard users from installing apps: H guys, Currently i have a laptop with 1 admin and 1 standard user account. I want to prevent standard users account from installing any programs and also prevent them from messing around with the settings like changing the wallpaper or themes or any other settings. my...