Windows 10: How do I prevent the apps and files going into all the users?

Discus and support How do I prevent the apps and files going into all the users? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hey, I have 2 users in my dad's laptop which is Windows 10 btw the first is obviously my dad's and the 2nd one is mine. My dad is the administrator. My... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by AryaKhushi, Sep 11, 2021.

1. How do I prevent the apps and files going into all the users?

Hey, I have 2 users in my dad's laptop which is Windows 10 btw the first is obviously my dad's and the 2nd one is mine. My dad is the administrator. My problem is that whenever dad installs any apps or file, it gets installed in my account as well and I constantly keep removing my dad's stuff from my account, how do I prevent my dad's apps and files to come into my account?

:)

AryaKhushi, Sep 11, 2021

2. Preventing access to modern app

Ive been tasked with preventing the children from accessing instagram. I've got it listed in my windows hosts file and internet options/security/restricted site but the windows 10 app is still allowing access. Any suggestions other then deleting app which can just be reinstalled?

FrostyWinnipeg, Sep 11, 2021
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Sep 11, 2021
  4. How do I prevent the apps and files going into all the users?

Windows 10 self installing apps I have uninstalled!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to end the task in task manager.

• Go to task bar

• Right click on task bar

• Select task manager

• Click on apps and end the task.
    Step 2: Go to appwiz.cpl and locate to the apps, right click on apps and uninstall apps.

If the issue persists I suggest you to create new user account and check if it helps.

Step 3: You may check the same issue with the new user account.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.

• Choose Accounts
      and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.

• Select Add an Account.

• Enter a user name and hit Next.

• Click on Finish.

• Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.

• Check if issue persists.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Sep 11, 2021
Thema:

How do I prevent the apps and files going into all the users?

1. How do I prevent the apps and files going into all the users? - Similar Threads - prevent apps files

2. how do i remove all users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i remove all users: users are not aloud i did not add any https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-all-users/42f08867-3d58-4823-8d40-59cfe6c2bbbb
  3. how do i remove all users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i remove all users: users are not aloud i did not add any https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-all-users/42f08867-3d58-4823-8d40-59cfe6c2bbbb
  4. how do i remove all users

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. prevent local user using my apps and files

in Windows 10 Customization
    prevent local user using my apps and files: I made a local account which had some of owner apps and also the local account has access to files owner files. How do I stop that or what are the steps to make a local account that doesn't have that access?...
  6. How to download app for all users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to download app for all users: I'm trying to download a game for my son. I can't do it under his name, how do I do this under my Admin account and make it usable for him? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-download-app-for-all-users/6637e9e7-e654-4471-a951-a3f3e50dfe07"
  7. How Do I Find and Prevent Corrupted Files?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I Find and Prevent Corrupted Files?: I'm using Windows 10 Pro 1903 on my home-built PC that has 16 GB of RAM and I have a minor annoyance that technically I fixed, but I would like to understand better. I'm trying to make backups of my video (MOV) files from my internal hard drive to one of my external hard...
  8. How to prevent standard users from installing apps

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to prevent standard users from installing apps: H guys, Currently i have a laptop with 1 admin and 1 standard user account. I want to prevent standard users account from installing any programs and also prevent them from messing around with the settings like changing the wallpaper or themes or any other settings. my...
  9. how do I prevent all future windows updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how do I prevent all future windows updates?: I didn't get to an online discussion today that I was trying to because my computer was updating instead of starting up. What do I elect to cause windows not to do any more updates? 104762
  10. How do I prevent going to sleep with certain program active?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I prevent going to sleep with certain program active?: Hello -- I am new to this forum, but I would like to ask for help. I have been with you all since Seven Forums. I am using a program that is no longer being further developed or supported by the developer. It is called PS3 Media Server and is basically the best program...