Windows 10: How do I prevent the screen from dimming highlighting one window when I hover over a...

Discus and support How do I prevent the screen from dimming highlighting one window when I hover over a... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I Hover over a taskbar icon for an open application, a preview of the open windows appears. When I then hover over one of those window previews... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by joeld100, Feb 23, 2020.

1. joeld100 Win User

How do I prevent the screen from dimming highlighting one window when I hover over a...

When I Hover over a taskbar icon for an open application, a preview of the open windows appears. When I then hover over one of those window previews for a short period, the entire screen dims except for that window, to help me find it. Is there a way to disable this dim-screen-to-highlight-window feature of Windows?

I'm guessing this would be a registry setting, as I have not found something that does this when I've poked around the taskbar settings.

Thanks!

:)

joeld100, Feb 23, 2020
  2. Fool Win User

How to dim screen?

I tried googling Windows Ten, "how to dim screen," but the layout listed is not the layout I have. I just got Ten yesterday. How do you dim the screen?

I can't even find the options in the Display section.

3. R Allen Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade screen dimming

My Dell computer (all-in-one, less that one year old) came loaded with Windows 8. I partook of the Windows 10 upgrade. After it last updated (today) when I hover over a link on a webpage the screen dims. When I roll away from the link the screen goes back to full brightness. This never happened before the upgrade. Other than that everything is fine. Any suggestions?

R Allen, Feb 23, 2020
  4. How do I prevent the screen from dimming highlighting one window when I hover over a...

In Windows 10, is there a way to get rid of the blue semi-highlighting on files the mouse pointer is hovering over?

Hi Bill,

I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Select or click Ease of Access.
    • Click or tap on Ease of Access Centre.
    • Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck
      Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    • Check if issue is resolved.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

How do I prevent the screen from dimming highlighting one window when I hover over a...

1. How do I prevent the screen from dimming highlighting one window when I hover over a... - Similar Threads - prevent screen dimming

2. how do i disable select on hover? if i leave the pointer in one place on the screen an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i disable select on hover? if i leave the pointer in one place on the screen an...: how do i disable select on hover? if i leave the pointer in one place on the screen an unwanted page will open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-select-on-hover-if-i-leave-the/927f0588-8b2c-401b-ac27-e96886734410
  3. how do i disable select on hover? if i leave the pointer in one place on the screen an...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i disable select on hover? if i leave the pointer in one place on the screen an...: how do i disable select on hover? if i leave the pointer in one place on the screen an unwanted page will open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-select-on-hover-if-i-leave-the/927f0588-8b2c-401b-ac27-e96886734410
  4. Right click menu options are not being highlighted when hovering over an option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click menu options are not being highlighted when hovering over an option: Hi,When I right click on the desktop and the menu appears, if I hover over any of the options, it doesn't highlight that option. It will slightly highlight the text itself when hovering but the not the whole option itself. It use to look like the first image, it would have...
  5. Black Screen when hovering over Windows Interface

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen when hovering over Windows Interface: I have been having this issue with my pc for a couple of months now. When ever the cursor is run over a windows-based interface taskbar tray, file explorer, right click menu, etc. the screen goes black for a few seconds before resetting. I have done everything I can think of...
  6. How do I stop screen dimming?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I stop screen dimming?: I thought I disabled all options but it seems like it's still dimming the screen based on what's on screen. When I am looking at mostly dark image, and then switch to a light page/image, I can see it's slowing getting brighter, and then dimming again when I open dark...
  7. Computer dims the screen brightness when I unplug. How do I stop this ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer dims the screen brightness when I unplug. How do I stop this ?: there is no "Turn Off the Change brightness automatically when lighting changes." in settings like there was in my old windows 10 laptop. How do I stop this from happening?...
  8. Tabs disappear when i hover over them

Tabs disappear when i hover over them: When i move my mouse or use the touchpad and move the cursor over a window like powerpoint it immideatly shrinks. To work around this i have to make sure that only the application i want to use is open and i cant have multiple ones open at the same time. How do i fix this?...
  9. Why do I have to hover over my screen to see it

Why do I have to hover over my screen to see it: why do I have to hover my pointer over my screen on my laptop to see it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-to-hover-over-my-screen-to-see-it/92986579-88c7-49b0-be13-4fd747513cfd
  10. How do I remove PIN IT from hovering over images?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove PIN IT from hovering over images?: I have windows 10 and use IE11 / Google. Each time I hover my mouse over an image I get a Pin it message in red, I can't find anything on Google to help me remove this annoying feature. I have gone on to their website and disables the feature but it does nothing. Any...